Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I would have called the cops. You never know. Always protect yourself. It's quite possible this isn't the first time this has occurred with her. Get a couple of estimates-take pics-and contact her parents ASAP
Exactly. Watch the girl get home and find out mom or dad hasn't been paying for insurance and then they start denying they were ever there. I've heard of crap like this happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 PM

524 posts, read 843,684 times
I think she should at least get a ticket. If there is no consequence she will not learn different behavior

Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,246,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantress View Post
I think she should at least get a ticket. If there is no consequence she will not learn different behavior
Cops cant issue a ticket for the txting unless they witness the event. They can issue a ticket for the infraction that caused the accident though.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:51 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,583,698 times
If you could tell she was truly sorry, I wouldn't have done anything about it. If she's smart she won't do it again. I'm 17 and tried texting and driving once. Lucky I was at a stoplight and was barely able to stop in time. Though even if I had hit him, there would have only been damage to my car as I would have just hit the trailer hitch. I haven't texted while driving since then. I'll wait until I get to my destination or hand it to one of my friends in the car and have them read it for me and then tell them what to say. If it's an emergency, they can call me and I'll put it on speaker, no problem.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:17 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
If you could tell she was truly sorry, I wouldn't have done anything about it. If she's smart she won't do it again. I'm 17 and tried texting and driving once. Lucky I was at a stoplight and was barely able to stop in time. Though even if I had hit him, there would have only been damage to my car as I would have just hit the trailer hitch. I haven't texted while driving since then. I'll wait until I get to my destination or hand it to one of my friends in the car and have them read it for me and then tell them what to say. If it's an emergency, they can call me and I'll put it on speaker, no problem.
Well done. You will save yourself enough money in auto insurance and deductibles to buy yourself a new car in 10-15 years. Might not sound like alot....it is.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Cops cant issue a ticket for the txting unless they witness the event. They can issue a ticket for the infraction that caused the accident though.
When you have a wreck the cop can take your cell phone and check it for use when you were suppose to be driving. I have seen this happen . If you lie to the cop and say you weren't on the phone or don't have a phone the cops can check and find out you are lying and then it can be hard on you.Cell phone use is not private information......

Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
I should say that her texting is an assumption on my part. I did not see her doing that. She could have been doing something else that took her attention off of the road. Regardless, I'll let her parents do the teaching.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
...I think some criminal liability should be placed on cell phone suppliers because their addictive products cause so much harm...
WHAT THE?!?! Let's take a look at personal accountability instead of always putting the blame somewhere else.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I should say that her texting is an assumption on my part. I did not see her doing that. She could have been doing something else that took her attention off of the road. Regardless, I'll let her parents do the teaching.
Aaaaaaaaaggggh. I hope she doesn't kill some innocent person while texting (or otherwise driving recklessly) because you completely let her off the hook. Some lesson!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
WHAT THE?!?! Let's take a look at personal accountability instead of always putting the blame somewhere else.
So many people are getting killed because of cell phones there is plenty of blame to go all around..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive