Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,853,815 times

Advertisements

Re my post on the PERJURY aspect on the ticket I dug thru my papers and found the ticket and will quote the ticket.

QUOTE: I declare under penalty of PERJURY under the laws of the STATE OF CALIFORNIA that the foregoing is true and correct, executed at the place and on the date shown above.

Issuing Officer _________________ ID No___________

By coincidence the ticket date is 02-11-02 (11 yrs ago)

Now where did I go wrong considering the QUOTE is from the ticket itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,170,216 times
Sonny lad. You seem not to know that every time you appear in traffic court WIN OR LOSE it becomes part of your permanent insurance profile.. Oh yea insurance companies keep files on you just like the credit reporting agency. Your insurance may not go up as quick as it would if you were found guilty BUT just getting a ticket is a black mark against you with the insurance companies....Bet you didnt know all that...You need an insurance agent more than some retired back door lawyer..lol

Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,976,532 times
Good work man.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,672,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Sonny lad. You seem not to know that every time you appear in traffic court WIN OR LOSE it becomes part of your permanent insurance profile.. Oh yea insurance companies keep files on you just like the credit reporting agency. Your insurance may not go up as quick as it would if you were found guilty BUT just getting a ticket is a black mark against you with the insurance companies....Bet you didnt know all that...You need an insurance agent more than some retired back door lawyer..lol
I knew because the lawyer (who isn't retired fyi) told me that they do keep tabs on record of traffic court appearances but not always as I had to tell my insurance company of my first two appearances. They assured me that they wouldn't increase my rate because I wasn't convicted (this was after my 3rd ticket). Actually it isn't the same if it was then my insurance would have increased in some way, shape or form. My insurance rate is in fact lower per car because I added another car recently (my MX-6). I have no points on my license and I will check my DMV to make sure after this recent victory to maintain there isn't any funny business.

At the end of the day, I don't care at all. I pay less than $600 a month for four cars (BMW M5, Mazda MX-6, Subaru Baja and Chevy El Camino). Insurance isn't a big deal to me because I can afford it just fine. Maybe those who are so concerned about it can't afford it. The day I can't afford my insurance (which will be never) will be the day I get rid of my vehicles to compensate.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,147,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I pay less than $600 a month for four cars (BMW M5, Mazda MX-6, Subaru Baja and Chevy El Camino). Insurance isn't a big deal to me because I can afford it just fine.

Holy cow thats a lot of money. I have two cars, full coverage, max limits and I am paying less then that for 6 months on insurance

Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM

2,341 posts, read 11,982,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Holy cow thats a lot of money. I have two cars, full coverage, max limits and I am paying less then that for 6 months on insurance
It really doesn't matter. This entire thread, and the alter-ego member who posted it, doesn't even exist. It's all BS.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
It really doesn't matter. This entire thread, and the alter-ego member who posted it, doesn't even exist. It's all BS.
Whatever helps you get up in the morning. Yep, you can keep saying it didn't happen all you like but unfortunately for me. I still had to waste my time dealing with a small time ticket. I have an alter-ego? I put on a cape in a phone booth as well? That's a first, I wish could turn around and be a better person at the drop of a hat. Perhaps more people on the internet would like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
I guess it is but two of them have full coverage and though my MX-6 has liability it's also triple digits because they consider it a sports car in their infinite wisdom. If I truly wasn't prepared to pay or had any doubts about doing it then I wouldn't pay and drop them.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 02-21-2013 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 03:09 PM

28,107 posts, read 63,436,291 times
I've been pulled over for "Looking" at a motorcycle officer.

He asked do you know why I stopped you... I said no... license and registration... comes back and asks why I looked at him...

Told him I went to school with officer brown and he has this traffic beat and I was going to wave to him till I realized it was not him...

Have a nice day and I will give your regards to officer brown...

Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I've been pulled over for "Looking" at a motorcycle officer.

He asked do you know why I stopped you... I said no... license and registration... comes back and asks why I looked at him...

Told him I went to school with officer brown and he has this traffic beat and I was going to wave to him till I realized it was not him...

Have a nice day and I will give your regards to officer brown...
They are a sensitive bunch aren't they?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,140,774 times
Are some of these responses for real? God bless anyone who contests these types of nuisance tickets for going 2 mph over. Good god. Unless the OP lives in Mayberry, there are undoubtedly better expenditures of taxapayer dollars than cops busting citizens for going 2 mph over. The public loses respect for the cops when they choose to enforce the laws in this way.

What's more than a bit humorous is that the defenders of this cop seem to then warn the OP to watch his back, as the cop will now have a vendetta against him. Gee, what a marvelous testament to law enforcement, between these type of ludicrous tickets and then targeting ordinary citizens for revenge for losing a traffic case. Fortunately, I think most cops behave more professionally than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive