Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:48 AM

534 posts, read 2,408,376 times

Advertisements

Smoking deals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 09:12 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Good for you. Enjoy
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
There was no performance package 330i offered in 2006. I have one, its an 05, from the last model run which was 1/05.
Yes there was. I have the build sheet for the car I just bought and it has the optional "Performance Package" that includes; tighter suspension tuning, performance tires, higher speed limiter and sport seats. There was not, a "M Sport/Performance Package/ZHP" (whatever they called it) like was offered on the previous models.

From Edmunds:
2006 BMW 3 Series

Quote:
The 330 model adds upgraded wheels, a sport suspension and a Logic 7 premium sound system. Various options include a DVD-based navigation system with iDrive, adaptive xenon headlights, parking sensors, active cruise control, leather seating and active steering. The optional Performance Package includes tighter suspension tuning, performance tires, a higher speed limiter and sport seats.
I'll give you that it's more fluff then anything serious, at least as compared to the Performance Package/ZHP that was offered on the older models. That pack added; more power, shorter gearing, an aero package, short-throw shifter, 18" rims, M-spec steering wheel and upgraded the interior with Alcantara leather.

Either way, there are in fact "Performance Package" 2006 330i's. However, it is my understanding that the E46 ZHP cars despite being down 20hp are faster and definitely handle better then the 2006 330i's with the "sport package".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I don't care for the cars you picked, which I'm sure you don't care that I don't care, but I do hope you enjoy them!
lol, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbugmiami View Post
Smoking deals!
They were, I got lucky.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:08 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Nice Pick Up's NJGOAT!
Enclave/330i are both excellent cars.
Before i bought my Tahoe we were in between the Enclave and the Acadia.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:53 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
NJ, welcome to the Lambada family. We have a pretty much fully loaded 08 Outlook XR. 7 passenger that we got (what i think was a good deal) when Saturn was going belly up. We really like it only if there is only the 2 of us. Our only issue was the color white, but the deal was too good to pass up.

My ex boss has the Enclave and he is empresses, they only issue we have is the MIL can't get into it because of hip replacement surgery. Tough lucj, she gets to ride in the L300 wagon.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:56 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
NJGOAT,
A pair of good cars and very good deals. Hope you and your wife enjoy them both, esp your enjoyment of the 330!
Great grab on the 6spd and sport...
GL, mD

Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Pretty expensive wheels I guess

Have fun with your new toy

Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Check out the Chevy Captiva if you're thinking a budget alternative to an Enclave or a Traverse. Although my pick would be the Fod Flex if money wasn't an issue.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:03 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
NJ, welcome to the Lambada family. We have a pretty much fully loaded 08 Outlook XR. 7 passenger that we got (what i think was a good deal) when Saturn was going belly up. We really like it only if there is only the 2 of us. Our only issue was the color white, but the deal was too good to pass up.

My ex boss has the Enclave and he is empresses, they only issue we have is the MIL can't get into it because of hip replacement surgery. Tough lucj, she gets to ride in the L300 wagon.
lol, thanks. The Outlook's were amazingly good deals when Saturn was going under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
NJGOAT,
A pair of good cars and very good deals. Hope you and your wife enjoy them both, esp your enjoyment of the 330!
Great grab on the 6spd and sport...
GL, mD
Thanks. Of course as soon as I get something a little funner for the daily commute, we get hit with a Nor'Easter and a snowstorm, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Pretty expensive wheels I guess

Have fun with your new toy
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Check out the Chevy Captiva if you're thinking a budget alternative to an Enclave or a Traverse. Although my pick would be the Fod Flex if money wasn't an issue.
I'm a Flex fan as well, it's a great package overall. My wife just couldn't get passed the exterior styling, but liked everything else. That's the way it seems to be with the Flex, you either love it or hate it.

As for the Captiva, I think it's a decent used budget alternative for folks who want a 5-passenger CUV. However, it is smaller then most of the other vehicles in the class like the Equinox, Escape, CR-V, Rav4, etc. It's also not really a "budget alternative" to the Lambda's as they don't make 7-passenger Captiva's and if you don't need 7-passenger seating there isn't really a reason to consider a Lambda anyway, IMO.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:41 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,530,984 times
I like the Enclave and have always wondered how it stacks up against the Explorer. From what you said they are both nice but the captains' chairs swayed your wife. In my market for some reason a used Explorer is a little more expensive than the similar Enclave. This makes no sense to me because in my opinion the Enclave is the nicer car.

When we get rid of our minivan I am thinking of getting an Enclave. I like the look of them but am worried that we might miss the sliding doors. My kids are still fairly young so I am worried about them opening doors themselves.

Enjoy the cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive