Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM

102 posts, read 231,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Has anyone ever successfully gotten out of their lease early? Just curious. We probably won't do it because I know it damages your credit score. I have a 39 month lease, and am about to go into month 16 on the lease.

If it matters, I have a 2012 Nissan Quest and Nissan/Infiniti own the lease, and am I currently looking at getting the new Nissan Pathfinder or Infiniti JX to replace the minivan.
Yes !!! I have done it twice. and will never do it again . There was no blemish on my credit score because both times it meant buying out the car outright . In fact one lease (BMW) was fairly decent in that the buyout number was not far away from the trade in value . However with Mercedes Benz it was a totally different scenario . MB wanted the entire term of the lease payments BUT they refused to allow me to just surrender the car early to them and buying out the car placed a huge gap from wholesale trade in value. I had no choice but to buyout the car and take a bath in trade in . Never again !!!

In your case going from a Nissan to a Nissan might be easier . Many times companies have loyalty programs for early surenders if they buy the same manfacturer . They still have rolls the upside down cost into the new car and if leasing the payments will be higher .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Says the person who obviously understands nothing in finance.

My lease is currently so much in my favor, I'm not even 2 years in (39 month lease) and they are begging to take the car back early because they're going to owe me money for equity.
What kind of car?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
I read where the lease contracts are so solid that if by chance you die before every payment is made they will go to the funeral home and stop everything until they get paid.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:00 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
What kind of car?
2011 GS Vette LT4 Convert fully loaded.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
I leased a 2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo back in 2005 and with about a year left on the lease I had moved to a NJ where my commute was going to be far greater than what I was commuting in NH. I figured I would have to cough up the remaining amount of what I owed on the lease in order to turn it in early so I contacted the financing company. They explained all I have to pay was $1200 which was way less than what I would have had to pay for the remaining payments. I was very surprised. I sent in the amount owed. They sent me a letter stating it was an early turn in and was paid for in full as well as other info and to bring it with me to any local NIssan dealership. I drove my truck to the dealership, handed them the letter NIssan/INfinity had sent me and they did a quick look over, took off my plates and I was on my way. Zero blemishes to my credit report. I have excellent credit and it is important to me to keep it that way.

SO your first step would be to contact Nissan/INifnity...good luck

Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
2011 GS Vette LT4 Convert fully loaded.
Take them up on their offer ASAP! That car was an oddball (Z06 looks, stock motor) but once the Z06 convertible arrived the GS Vert became obsolete. When the new Vette arrives the old ones will drop in value especially oddball ones.

Cool car though!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:01 PM

355 posts, read 912,901 times
We used Swapalease about 10 years ago. It was a pretty positive experience. We did offer a $500 cash incentive to the person that assumed the lease from us which helped us get rid of it quickly.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:07 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco5 View Post
We used Swapalease about 10 years ago. It was a pretty positive experience. We did offer a $500 cash incentive to the person that assumed the lease from us which helped us get rid of it quickly.
Yea but if they dont make the rest of the payments YOUR CREDIT STILL GETS RUINED along with theirs..Ive seen it happen.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Yea but if they dont make the rest of the payments YOUR CREDIT STILL GETS RUINED along with theirs..Ive seen it happen.
That's not how it works. The new leassee takes responsibility for the contract. With BMW, you pay a $500 lease transfer fee, and the person assuming the lease has to qualify for it with the finance company. It's not on the original leasee's credit any longer.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM

102 posts, read 231,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco5 View Post
I am not sure about all leases but many lease assumptions still place the original lesee with liabilities .
If the latter is the case with a manufacturer --
Then the only way to be DONE with the car is either to use it for the entire contract term OR buy it outright (then either sell it or trade in).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive