U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM

7 posts, read 11,426 times

Advertisements

the dealer is not waiting on my payment. the dealer said the previous owner had his own credit union and they are waiting on a payment from them. Maybe for his purchase etc. im not sure. They said when they get the payment from them, they can give me the truck. Ive done everything as far as my part
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 AM

11,543 posts, read 28,369,428 times
I have a great truck with low mileage. When you bring me full payment we will go down the street to the state tag office. I will sign the title. It is now your baby. You will remove my license plates.

End of story.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:14 PM

3,869 posts, read 14,362,467 times
Then you have 2 problems.
1 they are waiting for a clear title before they can sell it to you/ let you take it.
(as mentioned)
2. You spoke to your lender, they have nothing on file for you.
You need to fill out the loan papers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgshouston View Post
I spoke to the lender, they have nothing on file of me at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgshouston View Post
thanks for responding...I didn't have a trade in. I bought a trade in that they are waiting to get paid for. They keep telling me they are waiting for the check to come in the mail. If i have already signed the contract and been approved for the loan. Can they keep me from getting this truck if its been sold to me?

Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Then you have 2 problems.
1 they are waiting for a clear title before they can sell it to you/ let you take it.
(as mentioned)
2. You spoke to your lender, they have nothing on file for you.
You need to fill out the loan papers.
thanks. I have actually already signed all contracts. Im not sure tho if im missing any as far as the financing goes. I don't think the will send the papers to the lender until they have the title to send with it. The frustration i have is why it's taking so long. The other buyer that traded this truck in has his own bank deal going on. Of course i dont know how all that works. I salesman told me his bank is dragging their feet. I just dont know if its the real story or not. Ive been told the papers and check are in the mail. I dont think it takes a week. i feel like shady business is going on and i bought a truck and i cant have it. I suppose they thought the papers and/or check would be there sooner than now. ive heard terrible stories after the fact about this dealer. if they are waiting for the title and it is the truth i could it really be taking this long?
Should I keep waiting?

Old 04-05-2013, 01:06 PM

41,479 posts, read 56,107,320 times
I am confused. Is there any way to get your deposit back? If so, do so.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am confused. Is there any way to get your deposit back? If so, do so.
They told me i could give them the deposit when i pick up the truck. I actually went and demanded a copy of the contract on wednesday and they ask for the deposit, I told them after all this im not giving them my down payment until i pick up the truck as originally discussed. So they have no money of mine

Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,091,362 times
Cancel the loan, walk away. Was this the last truck ever going to be made?

You will never be happy with that truck. Get out while you can.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,019,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Cancel the loan, walk away. Was this the last truck ever going to be made?

You will never be happy with that truck. Get out while you can.
This.. then go on to buying a vehicle that the seller actually holds title to.. lol

Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,196,995 times
This is what is going on.

You bought a truck that somebody traded in. Its a very common thing. The previous owners financing may still be pending. This is a very common thing too. Dealers let people out the door with new cars all the time without 100% secured financing.

They are simply holding on to the truck until the previous owners financing goes through. If it doesnt, they have to return their new ride and they get their (your) truck back.

Its shady how they do this, but its very common. There are cases where it will be a month later and cars have to be returned.

The previous owner probably rolled some negative equity into the new loan too. Once financing goes through on the other end, that money will satisfy the old lender and they will then transfer the title and you will get your truck.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:27 PM

13,523 posts, read 20,090,340 times
Unwind the deal and tell the dealer to call you when they have the title to the truck and, if you haven't purchased one already by then, you might come back and buy it. Or if this truck is truly one-of-a-kind and you can wait, then ask for concessions for your "troubles".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive