Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,345,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Despite having billions, Sam Walton drove a pickup truck.
Sam Walton is a union busting clown who made his billions off the backs of the working poor. He's the american dream I'll take my car purchasing cues from someone else, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,162,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Sorry, but as a car fan, I have to disagree. The 328 is a decent car with a few less problems than the 335. And this one is about perfect for a guy like me:

2010 Certified PreOwned Montego Blue 328i with a manual transmission, leather and the /M package.

That's a car guy's car right there. Good fuel economy, sporty, excellent handling and more than fast enough for street car duty.

My kid used to have a E46 325i with the manual trans and Sport package. Excellent car to drive, with great handling, more than enough power for a street car, and still capable of knocking back 30+ mpg highway.

I was looking at the new 320i (4 cyl turbo) with the manual trans and sport package. Great dynamics at a good price.
I agree, the BMW 3 class is the benchmark for sports sedans for a reason, in my view still best value for the money. While Audi is close, no Japanese car comes close to it (Infinity G37 is closest, but no cigar).

Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,578 times
Having driven more than a few BMWs (2002tii many E30s, E39, E36, E65 boat, E60), I don't like the steering on the E90. Driven back to back, a new Ford Focus has less friction in the system, it loads up as you get away from center and you can actually tell when you're losing grip in the front which is rare from most power steering cars. E90 feels like your stirring pot full of chilly.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:55 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,345,154 times
Ford out-of Focus, huh

Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM

44,349 posts, read 20,053,982 times
I have a loaded Accord, because it's the best I can do with my budget. I love it. However, if I could afford a BMW, I'd definitely be in one.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:41 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,287,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Having driven more than a few BMWs (2002tii many E30s, E39, E36, E65 boat, E60), I don't like the steering on the E90. Driven back to back, a new Ford Focus has less friction in the system, it loads up as you get away from center and you can actually tell when you're losing grip in the front which is rare from most power steering cars. E90 feels like your stirring pot full of chilly.
I didn't have that expereince in the E90 335i with the Sport package I drove. The base 328i non Sport was not as good, I'll admit, but it wasn't MUCH worse than the 325i Sport my stepson had or my E38 740. The Sport package with the better suspension and tires makes a lot of difference in steering feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
I have a loaded Accord, because it's the best I can do with my budget. I love it. However, if I could afford a BMW, I'd definitely be in one.

Well, how much did you pay for your loaded Accord? Because that CPO certified used BMW 328 ///M Sport I posted is only $25k. A reasonable price for a nearly new BMW with warranty.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:15 PM

317 posts, read 576,353 times
For $140,000, I'd much rather have an 1114. Excellent traction in any road conditions and can ford rivers up to 3 feet deep, and will keep all its occupants safe during any car accident that may occur

Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Obviously, you've never driven a BMW or Lexus. Try comparing a mobile home to a mansion. Same ans.
iv'e driven bmws and don't like em. my friend just leased a z4 it's the biggest pos he leased whit the climate control system having a mind of it's own and the radio breaking down it's been in the shop more than it's been in the driveway . and to hear a bimmer mech say they put so much **** in theses cars today we don't how how to fix it then they have to call back to Germany and get the diagrams for the car. if I had a mansion id'e be in a benlty or a royls Royce with a chauffeur. but than again I still love my ferrari

Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,413,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
iv'e driven bmws and don't like em. my friend just leased a z4 it's the biggest pos he leased whit the climate control system having a mind of it's own and the radio breaking down it's been in the shop more than it's been in the driveway . and to hear a bimmer mech say they put so much **** in theses cars today we don't how how to fix it then they have to call back to Germany and get the diagrams for the car. if I had a mansion id'e be in a benlty or a royls Royce with a chauffeur. but than again I still love my ferrari
I guess there is always a chance of a lemon...wait I know there is! We had a lemon Aston Martin a few yrs back. My son is Master Tech for BMW, and he's never said such a thing. We currently own 2 BMWs a Z8 and a 2013 M3. Love 'em both.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
when a much cheaper Accord or Camry provides the same comfortable ride, simliar quality, and much better milage and maybe even last much longer while saving tons of money? Especially in these days when an Acura/Lexus/BMW don't have the prestige it used to have.
Why not take the bus or ride a bike if saving money is the goal?

A writer for some car magazine once said that the Camry is a car made for people who don't care about driving or cars. I suspect that description would apply to you.

I would MUCH rather drive an older M3 than a newer Camry of the same price and prestige has nothing to do with it. In fact the first BMW I ever drove (didn't own it) was a 1990 325i, I would rather drive that car than a new Camry, and it would cost a fraction of the Toyota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive