U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:16 PM

921 posts, read 2,254,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
For my money, the Grand Caravan is still the best bang for the buck. Unless you're towing something heavy, it'll do everything you need it to do.

Me too, My 05 Dodge Grand Caravan has a lot of room. 7 adults with room to spare.
It has the factory up grade; trailer prep package, it handles small trailers with ease.

Mini Vans are the best people movers unless you NEED an SUV for Off Road and or heavy towing.

My bro in law has a Full Size Van with seats; 4 Capt Chairs and one bench in the rear ( like a mini van),
He bought it to tow his boat and take his entire family to the lake. And it has more room than any SUV, it is a large box.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 04:27 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,056,016 times
You can't beat a minivan for moving 7 people around efficiently with lots of room to spare.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:55 PM

7,285 posts, read 14,340,247 times
Toyota Land Cruiser.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:07 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,901,121 times
Dodge Durango is a good bet.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 PM

7,787 posts, read 14,980,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Toyota Land Cruiser.
We have a 2013 and we love it, but the 3rd row is for kids only (absolutely no leg room) and when the 3rd row is in use there's minimal cargo space. I've never been in it, but I'd look at the Sequoia before the LC for the OP's needs. The Cruiser is my husband's daily driver to NYC & airports, otherwise we have 2 Excursions that we use for hauling people & cargo.

The other vehicles I'd consider would be a Chevy Suburban or GMC Yukon XL.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,322,183 times
I'll sell you my 07 LTZ Suburban.........Sweet ride but she dranks the gas

Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 AM

4,053 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Does anyone have an opinion on the Volvo XC 90?

Old 05-01-2013, 10:47 AM

9,203 posts, read 13,282,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but on the X5 with the 3rd row option, I believe you lose the spare tire. I guess the logic behind it was that since X5 runs on run flats... the spare tire may not be necessary.
correct, the spare tire usually goes under the trunk floor and with a third row that isn't happening. They have run flats which ride harsher and are costly to replace I bought without the 3rd row because like someone said, it is a joke. Still got runflats which I've replaced to regular all-seasons. Anyway, getting to the 3rd row is impossible if you have child seats in the 2nd row and you can't bend the seats forward to get back there.

If I needed that many passengers, I'd recommend a minivan instead. Sliding doors are money if you have people+. BTW, the X7 is coming for sure.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,382,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on the Volvo XC 90?
At this point it is really dated. A new model is coming soon I believe.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM

3,174 posts, read 4,823,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
You can't beat a minivan for moving 7 people around efficiently with lots of room to spare.
True. My Odyssey seats 8 and I can really fit ALOT of stuff in the back. Lets just say the plastic crate that my 55lb chocolate lab/pit mix goes in when we are not home fits nicely, along with bags, and anything else that we need. We can even stack it up decently too. I would LOVE to go back to an SUV, but with our crew that may not be happening. When we selected the Odyssey, we took resale into consideration. Also one thing I can say is it is the first vehicle I've ever owned that actually gets what the sticker says.
Here is a link to how much space is in the back. Photo Viewer
However a coworker described it best when he said the Sequoia drives almost like a Cadillac lol! They handle very nicely and has a smooth ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive