Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:58 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler73 View Post
Owned a few F-bodies over the years:

87 Trans Am
89 Camaro IROC-Z (350 t-tops)
94 Z28
99 Trans Am WS6 convertible

Currently I have a low miles, mint condition 92 Mustang GT convertible, it's my 3rd Mustang owned so far.

Wouldn't mind finding a nice 1989 Turbo Trans Am Pace Car, 1992 Z28 Heritage Edition Convertible or a super rare 1992 Trans Am GTA Convertible.
cool. all very cool cars. i have an '89 Formula 350 with a T-top and a '96 Z28 (also a T-top).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
agreed. but then, so was the 240Z - truth be told.
But the 240Z was nice looking.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Most GM guys only think of the Mustang because of it's popularity, but here's a short list of some great Fords:
understood, but that isnt my mindset. and i feel the same way about brand loyalty. i was just saying that GM guys COULD argue that when it comes to muscle era cars, GM has alot more classic examples than the other two brands combined.

Quote:
Ford Falcon Sprint and Mercury Comet Caliente (great small cars with a V8)
Fairlane GT and Mercury Cyclone with the big block and a 4-speed
Galaxie with the 7 Litre
Torino/Fairlane with the 428 SCJ and a stick
Mercury Cougar Eliminator with the big block
well, i know that those cars are out there, but, to me, it's kinda reaching a bit to consider most of those "classics". i'm talking about cars that automatically come to mind when someone mentions the word "musclecars". maybe by classic, i mean to say "mainstream", ya know; instantly recognizable and considered muscle car by name alone, not by trim level. take the Mercury Cougar for example: to me it does not have to be an Eliminator to be a muscle car - it can be a car that had a factory straight six, but the owner dropped in a 302. this is just my opinion, but it may be a popular one - with the exception of the Mustang (and by shared body lines, the Cougar) most of the FoMoCo cars from the era just fall short when it comes to those classic musclecar body lines. however, i must admit, my taste in muscle cars is rather mainstream - Firebird, Camaro, Mustang, Charger, Roadrunner, Chevelle, ect.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:30 PM

951 posts, read 1,653,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
...i'm talking about cars that automatically come to mind when someone mentions the word "musclecars". maybe by classic, i mean to say "mainstream",.....
Ok, point taken. But it goes back to my other point; I don't want to be mainstream. That, to me, is boring. I would rather reach out to something different. It's akin to all the fans who used to like Dale Earnhardt. He was mainstream. Yes, his talent was nearly unsurpassed, but it was dull to me following him. Besides, six is my favorite number so you can guess who I liked!!

I would rather swim against the tide. That's the beauty of owning something different. It invokes unique thought to the uninitiated. Showing up at a car show with a 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler (Merc sister to the Talledega Torino) would be the nuts!! Showing up in a 1969 Camaro just puts you in a line with about 30 other guys. I would rather stand out in a crowd then blend in.

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciate the thoughtful banter!

Old 11-10-2007, 10:33 AM

10 posts, read 61,109 times
I'm definitely in the right thread!!! I LOVE Camaros although I'm particularly fond of the 3rd gen Camaros. I have a 92 RS that I love. I'm going to start a thread on it cause I need some advice. I think having a Camaro is in my blood. My mother had a 69 convertible. White. It was so beautiful. Then she married my father and he crashed it. !!!! He was probably jealous of all the attention my mom was getting. My ex wanted me to sell my Camaro because I was getting too much attention for the fellas with it .

Do you really think I sold it??

Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,864,223 times
my first car was a third gen, an 83 v6. looking back it was slow as balls but it was alot of fun for a 16yr old kid anyway. couple years later i bought another third gen, an 87 TA. slightly less slow. too bad the t-tops leaked so much though...

Old 11-11-2007, 10:21 PM

9 posts, read 29,481 times
One car I think is really the Camaro ZL1. Its a Rare care to find. Even the 2002's there only 69 made. I heard there very fast. I know they had the LS6 in them. I saw one in the add. They wanted $119,000 for it. Or the very rare 1967 camaro Cherokee and the 69 camaro ZL1. Those are well known Camaro.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogrl116 View Post
One car I think is really the Camaro ZL1. Its a Rare care to find. Even the 2002's there only 69 made. I heard there very fast. I know they had the LS6 in them. I saw one in the add. They wanted $119,000 for it. Or the very rare 1967 camaro Cherokee and the 69 camaro ZL1. Those are well known Camaro.
i'm sorry, but none of this post makes any sense.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM

264 posts, read 829,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogrl116 View Post
Hi all...Camarogrl's partner here doing a little "translation". She said she posted this last night and was really tired so...

"One car I think is really cool is the Camaro ZL1. It's a rare car to find. There were only 69 2002 models of that car made. I've heard they're very fast. I know they had the LS6 engine in them. I saw one in an ad and they wanted $119,000 for it! Two even more rare cars are the 1967 Cherokee Camaro and the 69 Camaro ZL1."

Is that more clear???

Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesacat View Post
Hi all...Camarogrl's partner here doing a little "translation". She said she posted this last night and was really tired so...

"One car I think is really cool is the Camaro ZL1. It's a rare car to find. There were only 69 2002 models of that car made. I've heard they're very fast. I know they had the LS6 engine in them. I saw one in an ad and they wanted $119,000 for it! Two even more rare cars are the 1967 Cherokee Camaro and the 69 Camaro ZL1."

Is that more clear???
yeah. i've actually never even heard of a Cherokee Camaro - i even tried to google it. sure that you/she dont mean a Nickey Camaro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive