Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
The first part really isn't all that true. If you were going 113mph, he would only have had to go 114 to catch you.
How many hours would it take for him to catch up by going just 1 mph faster than the guy he's pursuing? He'd be stating from zero, and have to get his car going 114 first. By then the other guy will have put a lot of distance between them that has to be made up. At 1 mph it's going to take a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
How many hours would it take for him to catch up by going just 1 mph faster than the guy he's pursuing? He'd be stating from zero, and have to get his car going 114 first. By then the other guy will have put a lot of distance between them that has to be made up. At 1 mph it's going to take a while.
Correct!

He did realize that if I thought I was being pursued I would have used the "loud" pedal and increased the speed so the inevitable pull over wouldn't occur.......

Old 05-28-2013, 07:07 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
I get pulled over about once a year for speeding but I never get a ticket.

I did get a ticket in 2007 for going 66 in a 55mph zone. The sheriffs deputy was only about 25 years old (brand new and something to prove) and he wasn't interested in me until I told him that I had a 9mm under the seat.

Before that it was at least 30 years since I got a ticket.
How do you manage to get off with so many warnings?

Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,724,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
i'm just saying that the statement of him HAVING to go a certain amount of speed to catch him is false. He could go 1 mph faster and still catch him. eventually. Now if the statement was I had to go 30MPH faster than you to catch you in less than 5 minutes, then yeah, that would be a true statement.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:09 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,724,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
How do you manage to get off with so many warnings?
^ X2. I've never once gotten a warning. The only time I've gotten a "warning" was when I got pulled over on my motorcycle while doing the speed limit (registration, insurance, and endorsement test basically) the cop said that he couldn't read my license plate and that I needed to change it. It was perfectly visible with a bright white LED shining on it to make it stand out even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive