Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:47 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashcash23 View Post
I just thought of another boring car maker. Isuzu. I hardly ever see any of there current models on the road and there vehicles are always uninteresting.
They dont sell for crap, thats why you dont see many of them. However, the only ones I see nowadays are the Trailblazer clone (I forget its name) and the Axiom, which isnt that boring looking:
http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2004/Isuzu/100352407/2004.isuzu.axiom.27598-396x249.jpg (broken link)

Then there was the Vehicross, which was anything but boring:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 09:13 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,824 times
isuzu sells alot of small cars in their home market and are, i believe still, a big player in the diesel world. in america all they've got is what's above... actually i think they sell a colorado clone too.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:00 PM

288 posts, read 1,555,226 times
Kia! I can't stand them.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:39 PM

355 posts, read 2,703,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
They dont sell for crap, thats why you dont see many of them. However, the only ones I see nowadays are the Trailblazer clone (I forget its name) and the Axiom, which isnt that boring looking:
http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2004/Isuzu/100352407/2004.isuzu.axiom.27598-396x249.jpg (broken link)

Then there was the Vehicross, which was anything but boring:

The Trailblazer clone is called the Ascender. I forgot about them making the Axiom. The Axiom was not so bad. I wonder why they no longer make them? They should have gotten rid of that ugly Ascender( which is just a ugly version of the Trailbalzer anyway) and redisigned the Axiom or Rodeo. I could imagine a redisign of the Rodeo or the Axiom. I wonder if I could call Izuzu and give them this idea.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
isuzu sells alot of small cars in their home market and are, i believe still, a big player in the diesel world. in america all they've got is what's above... actually i think they sell a colorado clone too.
Yes, they do sell a Colorado clone. None of their vehicles sell here though. I think that the reason why they don't sell is because they don't have many dealers here in the U.S. We have an Isuzu dealer here in Nashville and they still seem to have leftover 2004 Rodeos on their lot and a lot of the Ascenders. I bet they offer huge discounts on those. If I could get a good deal on one I would probably not mind driving it.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:41 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I don't know about "boring", but Scion makes very ugly automobiles! I suppose something that looks like a box on wheels can be considered "boring".

Mmm, sexy.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_47_00 View Post
Kia! I can't stand them.
Kia used to be pretty boring, but there vehicles are getting a lot more interesting now and a lot more reliable.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:17 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Can't believe Hyundai hasn't been mentioned yet. What automaker lacks ONE performance oriented car in their lineup? ONE! You could say the Tiburon, but there is nothing stimulating (to me, anyway) about driving a sportily dressed last-gen Sonata. I think Hyundai makes a quality product, but they really just don't make a stimulating car.

At least Honda has the Acura TL/TSX/RSX, and compared to other cars in its class the Accord can be fun to drive. Honda Fit is a pretty zippy little econobox too. Toyota has made cars such as the Supra and Celica in the past, and they still make the Lexus IS.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:30 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Can't believe Hyundai hasn't been mentioned yet. What automaker lacks ONE performance oriented car in their lineup? ONE! You could say the Tiburon, but there is nothing stimulating (to me, anyway) about driving a sportily dressed last-gen Sonata. I think Hyundai makes a quality product, but they really just don't make a stimulating car.

At least Honda has the Acura TL/TSX/RSX, and compared to other cars in its class the Accord can be fun to drive. Honda Fit is a pretty zippy little econobox too. Toyota has made cars such as the Supra and Celica in the past, and they still make the Lexus IS.
Tiburon's arent particularly sporty out of the box, even if they look the part. Whats nice is that the Tiburon has decent aftermarket support if you want to make them fast and handle good. As for the Tib, their performance was decent with teh V6 and 6 speed manual, but you have to remember that Hyundai was never a brand that touted performance in the first place.

And dont forget Honda also has the Civic Si, the S2000, had the del Sol VTEC and Intergra Type-R, all of which were good performers in their respective classes.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:56 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
For what it is, the new civic SI is hot!At 20k, unbeatable.

But it's true, Hyundai never tried to be a performance maker, but they are ultimately, in my opinion, the most boring automaker. They make a quality product thats enjoyable to own, but not really beyond that.

I just couldn't believe all of the Honda and Toyota mentions when you have Hyundai!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive