Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Didn't happen here (GA)... not that it matters. If you want to use your vehicle, you'll put fuel in it. It's pretty simple to me, price just doesn't matter to me until it's over $100/fill (double to triple what it is now), then it'll be time to evaluate the budget again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerMatt View Post
I never understood people complaining about gas prices. You can't change it, so what's the point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
It is the same story; it goes up, then it comes down. Get used to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerMatt View Post
Those are utilities.

Gasoline is not a utility.

I bet you're one of those who blame the government for gas prices but complain when they intervene elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
30 cents in 1 day. Please....where have you been in the past 5 years. This is quite normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
That's your problem....your paying close attention.

As another posted said until it hits $100 in his case he doesn't worry about it. We budget $50 a week per car for gas. We usually have $15 or so between us that we don't use. So a 30 cent hike hardly affects us. Don't people budget things anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
If .30 cents is going to hurt you, you have bigger problems.
You are being trained very well, little sheeple. That's right, "it doesn't matter". Never question. Just keep bending over and taking it like good little lemmings.

Seriously. It amazes me how some people live their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,749,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Price at my local station is 3.27 for regular with ethanol but if you want the ethanol free stuff it's another 20 cents a gallon at the nearest station and 25 or even 30 more at some places. What's up with that?
If I had ethanol free gas in Chicago I'd take a chance on it. More energy content and you get better mpg's with it.

Yeah, I hate how gas has gotten expensive. I bike a lot to save on gas, and last year I saved $117 in gas by biking instead of driving my fuel efficient 99 Honda Civic HX.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,839,192 times
We all need a Flinstone car. That will teach them oil tycoons! Starve them out.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 AM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
If I had ethanol free gas in Chicago I'd take a chance on it. More energy content and you get better mpg's with it.

Yeah, I hate how gas has gotten expensive. I bike a lot to save on gas, and last year I saved $117 in gas by biking instead of driving my fuel efficient 99 Honda Civic HX.
Ethanol has 76,100 BTU per gallon, base gasoline is 114,100 but what we're putting in our tanks is about 111,800 since it's oxyigenated with MTBE, ETBE, or ethanol. E85 on the other hand, has significantly lower energy content (81,800). So you have to look at it and see if we're talking about E10 or E85. There's really no appreciable difference between E10 and gas blended with MTBE or ETBE. On the other hand, since you'll get about 25% less mileage on E85 then if you're only saving 20 cents it's in no way worth it. E85 almost never is.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Has anyone mentioned the fact that gas prices didn't actually jump 30 cents?

Daily Fuel Gauge Report--national, state and local average prices for gasoline, diesel and E-85.

If you look at gasbuddy, Seattle area the gas prices in reality rose 5 cent between 5/9 and 5/10. Wow. The individual station might have. Often times they'l adopt a strategy of raising the price really high whenever to avoid a buy high, sell low scenario. By raising the price 20 cents above the going rate, most people aren't going to buy which means they aren't going to have to fill up until wholesale prices drop.
Interesting. The 5 or six stations in my neighborhood were either ahead of the price bump curve or were doing this on their own, I guess I will see in the next few days.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,585,887 times
Gas prices haven't even changed near us. It's been in the $3.50 range for the past couple weeks.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,426,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman_King View Post
Summer gouging.

The SAME fuel that was IN their tanks doesn't cost more today then it did yesterday.

Some stations change their price up to 5 times A DAY.

Ripoff!!!
You can't be that ignorant, I just Refuse to believe that someone could possibly be smart enough to spell "A" and not understand that fuel prices change based on what REPLACEMENT costs are. Doesn't matter if they have fuel on hand that cost them $1/gallon, if the replacement costs $3/gallon they're going to charge what it will cost Them to refill the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow
You are being trained very well, little sheeple. That's right, "it doesn't matter". Never question. Just keep bending over and taking it like good little lemmings.

Oh *****... hold on a second....

Lets see if that doesn't clear up your problem. Ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:10 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

I don't need some conspiracy theory from some old coot.

Life is too short for this nonsense.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:25 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

The irony is how short the average America's attention span is. Some of the best selling vehicles are trucks and SUVs.

So get up and whine some more Bush or Obama its always someone's problem other then your own.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM

133 posts, read 172,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
If .30 cents is going to hurt you, you have bigger problems.
Not for your little "fart car" that has a 15 gallon tank. 40 gallons in a truck,van or SUV would change your tune. That approx $30 too much. $30 pays a lot of other bills and buys food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Refineries have been switching to a Summer blend. This is done in intervals amongst the refineries. It is not the same fuel for a lot of the refineries.
Not until they fill their tanks with it. The fuel you are pumping is still the other blend. They are ripping everybody off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
You can't be that ignorant, I just Refuse to believe that someone could possibly be smart enough to spell "A" and not understand that fuel prices change based on what REPLACEMENT costs are. Doesn't matter if they have fuel on hand that cost them $1/gallon, if the replacement costs $3/gallon they're going to charge what it will cost Them to refill the tank.

Why? What other business does that? Hold on....this 2" PVC 90 degree elbow costs "X" at Lowe's at 8 AM......at 12 PM it's another price....at 3 PM it's another.....then at 8 PM it's another. Get real dude.....you can't be THAT DUMB!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive