Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times

Advertisements

I miss pop up headlights but they will never return due to current safety regs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,469 times
Car makers need to think about dogs more.

I want my next car to have some kind of automatic ramp that comes out so they can easily climb in. Right now, they have hop in the driver's side -- there's more room there.

There should be pull-out or fold-down booster seats in the back seat that cover the "wells" so that they don't fall off the seat. They would also be high enough so that they can easily look out the windows.

And lastly, the windows need to open from the bottom up, so that they can stick their noses out, but there's not enough room for them to climb out.

Forget cup-holders -- how about a water dish holder?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:46 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,752 times
One that doesn't cost more than a house.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:33 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times
Ford already makes the cars I want, the Focus Titanium and the Focus ST.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:44 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
A car with less technology
A car with only the options you want and none you are forced to get
A car that is comfortable to drive
A car that handles and performs well
A car with less futuristic design (id rather have my MPG suffer if it meant having a better looking car over a car with great MPG and the futuristic designs they are coming out with lately)
A car where AWD is standard

Old 05-13-2013, 08:07 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
A car thats got no techno junk you don't need: GPS, staellite radio, touchscreen, bluetooth, steering wheel controls, cameras. Okay, a built in dash cam would be welcome. One that you could download recorded video from if needed.
front bench seat but with a nice arrest console you could use when the middle seat isn't needed. I like leg space and room for a small dog.
High visibility, lost of glass. No low roof lines so lots of head room. Cloth on the door and padded door rests.
A good dashboard. I keep the road atlas up there.
A back seat armrest with cupholders standard.
Clean lines. Don't crease the metal, that will look as dated as tailfins in a few years.
A good 5 MPH bumper.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 AM

209 posts, read 414,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPeace View Post
Peace be on you. I wish new designed cars:
1- A car with driver seat at both ends with essentials so that one do not have to go through drill of reversing and turning around in small areas.

2- A car with four wheel tilt option.

3- A car with option to detach trunk if not needed; leave it at home.

4- A car company, where one can order many car-components according to their choice and economy; basic safety should not be compromised.

Cars will get closer to actual need of the costumer.

Good wishes.

5- A car with glasses which turn darker accordingly in intense sunlight.

6- A car with optional arrangements for location of passenger seats ( not everyone must face direction of travel).

7- Engine options for various fuels.

8- Need an alternate of air filled tyres.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
9 - a mid-size pickup truck with great gas mileage!

Old 05-14-2013, 10:45 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,885,624 times
I wish they'd make doors that have the ability to slide like a minivan and also open conventionally. Would really make loading up little ones easier in tight spaces or in the garage.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:22 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,469 times
From "The Invitations" episode of Seinfeld, Kramer had a GREAT idea that would be so easy to execute, now that cars have cameras and video screens.

He wanted cars to have periscopes so that you could see how much traffic was ahead when you were stuck in a jam. They could put a tiny camera on top of a telescoping antenna that shoots up 12 ft or so and displays on your dash screen. So many times I can't see ahead of me, since I just have a regular car. This would be awesome! If I could see that traffic was stuck for a long way off, I might be able to turn around, or turn off of the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive