Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:48 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I just started reading his posts myself. Just by his attitude and throwing out the tracks he has driven on with different cars setting them up for racing. He is starting to sound full of ****.

This has nothing to do with "my heros" I don't care. It has more to do with you saying all cars but american cars have weak transmissions and bad brakes. Especially the transmission part. T56s actually do very well.

You sound likeyet another 14 year old pretending to be and know something on the internet. Based how you talk about your thosands of track days and vast knowledge seems like you are full of **** and the more you talk it up the mor you seem full of ****.

Main point of posting the youtube vid was to show a seemingly professional driver drve an m3 and a mustang and comment how the entire braking system on the mustang was better. A mustang, a car I wouldn't even say is commended for its brake engineering.

I was bringing in something that was beyond a kid bickering on the web about vast experience he will never prove.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Say whatever you want, I walk the walk while you just talk and post youtube vids and OTHERS experiences. I guess a layperson doesnt know that magazines and youtube videos are not pro drivers. They occasional hire pro drivers, almost exclusively on a daily rate basis. Most magazine writers are barely average drivers. Some downright scary, with a few talented folks here and there. Many times pro drivers/instructors are hired to ride right seat with EVERY writer/contributer during tests of more exclusive cars because comparitively their driving is so suspect.
I NEVER said anything about "American cars performing like crap". Never.You and others wanted to know HOW certain cars are compromised in the way I spoke of so I used VERY specific details about how these vehicles perform on specific tracks in specific uses in the hands of someone ata pro level and then you use those details as fodder" for the more you talk of all this track time the more like BS it sounds".. well if you say that about provided detailed descriptions about the actual performance than you sir are CLEALY the one full of BS.

If others egos didnt get in the way and they just absorbed the info they could actually learn alil something instead of just talking trash. Afterall, I am one of those that your so called pros in your videos/magazines think enough of that they hire to teach them and to get the most out of these performance vehicles when they admit theybare clearly over their own heads.
Tell me the background on your vid btw. Did they use the same tire that produce the same grip levels. Good tire prwssures since that can have aHUGE impact on perdormance. Were they both brand new brakes, fully bedded in PROPERLY, since that can make a set of brakes a winner or a loser in itself?? Or were they used by who knows who before, amybe glazed over, maybe suspect fluid??
Just questions a pro wants to know since they can be the difference between success or failure, having as much as a 50-100% variable in performance. Yes, most laypeople dont sweat such details I guess.

Last edited by LRPct; 06-01-2013 at 09:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 12:21 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
So my ego got in the way, and you could of taught me something?

Sorry, I must have missed it in your small essay on how everyone else is not a pro driver, they come to you to learn to become a pro driver, and how the Laypeople need to learn a thing or two.

Since we want to throw more questions out, what was the surface temp of the tracks you raced on, did it differ between cars, were they dirty in the morning and clean in the afternoon? Did other cars lay rubber on the track all day? Were there tire marbles? What phase of the moon was it and were the gravitiational forces on the earth compromised because it was high tide, causing actual less weight on the car, and affected grip?

The more you talk, the more full of **** you sound.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
So my ego got in the way, and you could of taught me something?

Sorry, I must have missed it in your small essay on how everyone else is not a pro driver, they come to you to learn to become a pro driver, and how the Laypeople need to learn a thing or two.

Since we want to throw more questions out, what was the surface temp of the tracks you raced on, did it differ between cars, were they dirty in the morning and clean in the afternoon? Did other cars lay rubber on the track all day? Were there tire marbles? What phase of the moon was it and were the gravitiational forces on the earth compromised because it was high tide, causing actual less weight on the car, and affected grip?

The more you talk, the more full of **** you sound.
Not my fault you were as oblivious to all the variables that have a HUGE impact on such performances as you were oblivious about what actual happens at these "tests" and magazine comparisons. How would yoh know these things without experiencing them yourself. But youbcertainly cannot talk smack about the validity or in some instances lack thereof of these since you do not know the first thing about how they are handled/executed yourself.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Not my fault you were as oblivious to all the variables that have a HUGE impact on such performances as you were oblivious about what actual happens at these "tests" and magazine comparisons. How would yoh know these things without experiencing them yourself. But youbcertainly cannot talk smack about the validity or in some instances lack thereof of these since you do not know the first thing about how they are handled/executed yourself.
So let me get this straight...

I know nothing(I like to think I know a few things)
Magazines know nothing.
Professional drivers know nothing.(unless they came to you for instruction)
Everyone here knows nothing.
Only you do, and we don't see it because our egos are in the way, according to you.

You flip flopped you said a lot of cars had crappy brakes, when challenged, you claimed it was undersized brakes, when challenged you claim insufficient cooling, when challenged now you are going I to every variable that can affect braking.

As I stated I think you are full of **** on most the experiences you claim. Or you are an idiot.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:01 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Why don't you two take it to PM's, hmm? Your argument has nothing to do with the title of the thread.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Why don't you two take it to PM's, hmm? Your argument has nothing to do with the title of the thread.
Agreed.

Now back on topic... I think the corvette did a good job balancing the size and weight of a car. I won't call it small, but it is not large. The weight is around 3200-3400 Has a good balance front and rear (doing things like the rear transmission) and of course phenominal brakes

Old 06-01-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
So let me get this straight...

I know nothing(I like to think I know a few things)
Magazines know nothing.
Professional drivers know nothing.(unless they came to you for instruction)
Everyone here knows nothing.
Only you do, and we don't see it because our egos are in the way, according to you.

You flip flopped you said a lot of cars had crappy brakes, when challenged, you claimed it was undersized brakes, when challenged you claim insufficient cooling, when challenged now you are going I to every variable that can affect braking.

As I stated I think you are full of **** on most the experiences you claim. Or you are an idiot.

Nope any pro driver including Randy Pobst, any Andretti, Spencer Pumpelly, James Safronas, Johnny O'Connell, Andy Pilgrim, Roberto Moreno, Tommy Kendall, Scott Speed, and countless others would agree with me. I know this because we have worked the same programs with these street cars on race tracks and have talked about it together extensively.

I never flip flopped... I simply told you WHAT variable in the WHOLE system specificly makes them "underbraked" when you pushed for more details.. again, not my fault that jargon like "underbraked" is not readily understandable to you and that it needs to be explained to you the various ways it can be so. You really must be TRYING to act like a tool I guess then, cause no one is simply that toolish by accident.
Draw people like you a picture andnyoull just eat the crayons..

Last edited by LRPct; 06-01-2013 at 01:48 PM..

Old 06-01-2013, 03:03 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Agreed.

Now back on topic... I think the corvette did a good job balancing the size and weight of a car. I won't call it small, but it is not large. The weight is around 3200-3400 Has a good balance front and rear (doing things like the rear transmission) and of course phenominal brakes
That is actually a very reasonable weight.

I have a road test of a 1965 327 Corvette and (going by memory) it weighed 3,214 lbs. About the same as the new ones.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:08 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Who said corvettes weren't big cars?

Old 06-01-2013, 03:37 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Who said corvettes weren't big cars?
Wow any slight bump in the road let alone a going up or down a hill and that thing must get high centered pretty dang easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive