Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:18 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times

Advertisements

Sure I do.

I have a 2013 F250 Lariat with every option available that ran about $60k. The vehicle was made to drive, not to be a show vehicle.

Also, it has leather seats, so if there was an issue, it would get wiped up MUCH easier than cloth. I prefer not to eat in the vehicle but it's not the end of the world. The only time we tend to eat in it is on long road trips. If I'm on a long drive I'm not going to stop and waste time eating somewhere when I could be driving. I drive from point A to point B. I like to get my drives over with. Often times, we will pack lunches before we go.

Also, I don't eat crap food. I have a strict diet so most things eaten aren't very messy. I don't have kids and my friends are adults. They are capable of being respectful enough to be careful in my truck.

I'm looking at doing a 17 hour drive each way in a couple weeks with my girlfriend and my chocolate lab. We will cut down on as many stops as possible, most likely only for fuel. I do not allow my dog in the front seats as he sheds, and in the back my gf sewed an entire hammock type seat covers that cover virtually the entire rear of the vehicle, then we put towels in the rear windows to cut down on the nose prints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 AM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
One reason I have vinyl seats and a rubber floor in my truck. When I had a car with fabric, not usually except when the kids were little and that was usually just stuff like Cheerios or juice in non-spill boxes.

When I was single and had really decent single guy cars, nope, I didn't care how "friendly" the girl was.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:44 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Yup. I also have kids including wet kids, dogs (sometimes wet), clothing (sometimes wet), you name it, in my cars. When I need them clean and smelling nice, I clean them. One thing I will nt allow ever is smoking. No way to clean out that smell.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
I will allow drinks in my car, but not food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Yes, of course.

It's a tool intended to be USED, not some delicate and precious flower.

I also haul bikes, tools, gardening supplies, dirt, dogs and other stuff in my vehicles.
But that doesn't mean you should trash it. This is why I won't loan a vehicle to someone. People tend to mistreat things, especially other people's possessions. Vehicles are already over priced. I like to keep mine looking good as long as possible.

I have to ride to and from work and don't want the smell of garbage from dropped food in the car. Not to mention, I can't live like a slob. Never understood how people can just throw trash down in their car and live in filth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
This is a load of bull. Outside of a sippy cup, no food. Eat before or at the destination.

All my cars have been used, i got the insides as clean as i could. Like hours of work. No food or drink, i care about my car and dont like the risk. The closest to it was when me and my ex would picnik in the bed of the pick up i had. I also dont let people sit or lean on my car either. When im done with my mustang, there'll be no smoking either. Respect your car.
Agreed. Growing up, our cars may not have been the nicest, but they were clean. My sisters and I didn't get a free pass. If we brought toys with us, we had to take them with us when we got out, otherwise risk them being thrown away. We didn't get to eat in the car period. Parents today let their kids trash and destroy, make messes with no recourse. They just throw up their hands "nothing I can do". Yes you can! You're the parent!!! One of the reasons I hate having a table with kids when I waited tables. Kids were allowed to just throw crackers everywhere after they smashed them to bits. "Oh, sorry for the mess, they're just kids, what can you do?" I don't know, be a parent and not allow it?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,225,391 times
Unfortunately... my wife will not allow me to ban my 4yr old... so yeah... my 4yr old eats in the car

Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
My 11 y.o. SUV with 200K+ on the odometer? Sure, eat all you want and I don't mind if the gravy gets spilled a bit. My new Mercedes with the Designo interior? I barely allow anyone to as much as breathe in that one!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
yes i let people eat and drink in my cars. what the heck they are just a machine used for a purpose. they are not an piece of art or something like that.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:17 AM

197 posts, read 230,844 times
I eat in my car all the time. Last week, I sat at the airport plane spotting and eating a couple of burgers and fries and just last weekend, me and my friend got a 10 pack of KFC chicken and some chips and ate some in the car. We also regularly get Slurpees from 7/11 and drink them in the car. No damage except for a few crumbs which can be picked up with the vacuum. However, a few weeks ago I took my mum to work early in the morning and her flask of tea leaked over my seats (which are cloth)... the marks are still there and will need some serious cleaning to remove.

I don't mind people eating in my car, or drinking from bottles, but it is far from an expensive uber luxury car so don't mind the odd accident which can be sorted with some cleaning products.

That being said, I won't allow leftovers and other garbage left in the car...

Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 AM

3 posts, read 18,637 times
Default no food in my car

I just got a new car...so no I do not allow food, and only water in my car....if people don't like it, don't ride in my car. It's pretty simple.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM

844 posts, read 1,656,710 times
Only bottled water is allowed.

Fortunately, mostly I drive alone and I don't have to be "mean" to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive