Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 08:11 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,055,358 times

Advertisements

Mine stay on b/c the sensor went out years ago.
A $15 part I really should replace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 08:16 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post
My problem with DRLs is people that forget to turn on the headlights at night. Then they are driving with no tail lights or marker lights all night.
On my Corolla, the headlights and tail lights automatically come on when it gets dark. The only time I have to actually turn on the headlights is when it rains.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:20 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
On my Corolla, the headlights and tail lights automatically come on when it gets dark. The only time I have to actually turn on the headlights is when it rains.
My Caddy is the same way. My number one pet peeve is people who are driving in the dark and they don't realize their lights are not on. I see it all the time, not just occasionally. Wouldn't you think they would wonder why their dash is dark ?

Next time you are out at night in traffic, watch cars around you, and I bet you will see some with no lights on, just merrily driving along.

Don

Old 04-08-2016, 10:10 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdBrantley86
I find drivers every night driving with their Headlights off. The new cars now have the dash lights on all the time and that sometimes makes the driver think their head lights are on.
Welcome to city-data!!!

All new cars ALSO HAVE THIER LIGHTS ON CONSTANTLY,YOU CANT TURN THEM OFF!! (Which is why I started this thread)

Unless 1 is a blasted moron,ONE CAN SEE A CAR IN BROAD DAYLIGHT -- Why do lights have to be blinding 1 in the face??

They dont really.......

Old 04-08-2016, 10:25 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Welcome to city-data!!!

All new cars ALSO HAVE THIER LIGHTS ON CONSTANTLY,YOU CANT TURN THEM OFF!! (Which is why I started this thread)

Unless 1 is a blasted moron,ONE CAN SEE A CAR IN BROAD DAYLIGHT -- Why do lights have to be blinding 1 in the face??

They dont really.......

I have never ever been blinded by a DRl lol I don't even know anyone who has ever even complained about them.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:29 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
DRLs are required by law in Canada. So I suspect manufacturers making cars for North America just make them all have DRLs instead of separating out Canadian cars and American cars.

https://www.novascotia.ca/tran/roads...rification.pdf

Also, as others have said, if DRLs (or even regular headlights) are "blinding" you during the day, you might want to see an eye doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive