Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:02 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,972,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
A mere sheet does not make the outfit complete...
That's true. You need to cut a couple of holes.

Django Unchained - Bag Men Scene - YouTube

(Second thread that requires a Django reference tonight!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 10:58 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,822,668 times
It's only illegal if you are on the way to, or from a bank robbery, I would say.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:04 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,378,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusnred View Post
Is it illegal to drive with a black mask on that covers everything except the eyes? Does it depend on what state you live in? Can I be stopped for this?
I have reported you to the DEA and ATF as a drug smuggler, the FBI as a bank heist driver, the NSA and CIA as a terrorist, your local city law enforcement as a cat burgler, and your State Police as a masked scofflaw.
That'll teach ya to wear black masks while driving, son.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:07 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,565,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
All I can say, drive around with a mask on around here and prepare to get pulled over. This is HIGHLY suspicious activity. It wouldn't take much for a Police Officer to articulate Probable Cause/reasonable suspicion to pull you over, regardless.

Now let's add, you in a mask, and pulling your car in front of bank, school, government building - you might get pulled out at gun point...

Just ask the fools that wore military outfits and had a a fake (but very real looking) RPG that walked around Miami recently. Neither party was amused. (The police or the citizens)

Does it make you a criminal - no... BUT you are exhibiting suspicious behavior that normal law abiding people do not do. This is the reason masks, hats, and sunglasses are not to be worn in banks.

In a nutshell, you are asking for problems.
Let me get this straight. If I do something that normal law-abiding people don't do, that is grounds for being detained by the police with probable cause?

I read books, and I walk to the library. Walking down the street in a residential neighborhood carrying a book is something I, personally, have never seen any other "normal law abiding person" do, at least in the past ten years. So it is "against the law" (like wearing a mask) because it is "unusual", which defines "suspicious"?

By the way, I always walk to the bank, too, and I wear sunglasses outdoors all the time, on the advice of my doctor. Are you saying it is "against the law" for me go go into the bank if I fail to take along a spare pair of non-tinted glasses, and the police have probable cause to detain me for doing so? By the way in the past ten years, not one single bank employee has looked at me funny for wearing dark glasses.

And yes, according to the mask laws in several states cited upthread, it IS a criminal offense to wear sun glasses into a bank, if that is tantamount to "wearing a mask", and I can be arrested, fined, and sentenced to prison for no other reason than wearing the sunglasses, regardless of my intentions.

You want to live in a police state, that's your call, but it is a slippery slope.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:56 PM

44,540 posts, read 61,201,075 times
OP 1st of all you should check with your doctor about wearing a mask after laser treatment. The mask will more than likely raise the skin temperature underneath the mask and some irritation and cause more damage to your face.
2nd'ly a black mask will draw a lot of attention along your driving route and there could be many 911 calls from scared people, and for sure catch the eye of any police officer in your vicinity. And you could be the lucky one pulled over if there just happened to be a robbery or police action going on at the same time your driving home.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 AM

79 posts, read 386,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
You could have your windows tinted a bit or they have those things that stick on the windows to block the sun, you could use those on your side front windows. At least that would help to obscure peoples view while driving.

I wouldn't wear a mask though, I mean that's just asking to get stopped and questioned. And ya never know whether the cop will be decent about it or be a bully type.

I don't know if you have tried all the remedies listed on the link, but if not its worth a try before having the laser done. Good luck.
Acne Remedies: Holistic Treatments and Natural Remedies

I still need the mask when I come out of the car like when I walk the dog or shopping. It's one of the reasons why I don't want to get lasers. Actually I probably won't but I might get dermabrasion which still leaves the face red.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:09 AM

79 posts, read 386,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
I have reported you to the DEA and ATF as a drug smuggler, the FBI as a bank heist driver, the NSA and CIA as a terrorist, your local city law enforcement as a cat burgler, and your State Police as a masked scofflaw.
That'll teach ya to wear black masks while driving, son.
lol, black masks, fbi, lol, nobody said I actually did wear the mask, I don't even own a mask

Old 08-26-2013, 12:10 AM

17,574 posts, read 45,968,514 times
Why wouldn't you just put on the mask when you are ready to get out of the car?

Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 AM

11,750 posts, read 14,559,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusnred View Post
I still need the mask when I come out of the car like when I walk the dog or shopping. It's one of the reasons why I don't want to get lasers. Actually I probably won't but I might get dermabrasion which still leaves the face red.
I think you'd be better off wearing a white or light blue surgical mask.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 AM

77,676 posts, read 59,823,491 times
The last guy wearing a mask while driving around here was following a lady home from the grocery store and she noticed him following her and called police.

He had his whole rape kit in his vehicle and was arrested for criminal stalking.

P.S Edited to fix "hole" to "whole", a hillariously unintentional mispelling.

Last edited by Mathguy; 08-26-2013 at 10:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive