Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,162,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Young + male = most stupid, dangerous creatures on the planet

Don't worry...they will grow out of it.

the lucky/surviving ones...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,751,646 times
because there was nothing more exhilarating than taking a car with a big V-8 in it and opening it up on a fairly empty country road

Old 08-30-2013, 09:48 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,393 times
What's with old woman drivers driving so slowly and then get mad when I pass them?

Get over yourself. People pass you because they don't want to be on your pace. Don't take it personally.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:50 AM

23,527 posts, read 24,006,421 times
I was like that when I was young also. Guess we are all foolish when we were younger. Now, I am in shock at how aggressive the younger drivers are today.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:53 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
I just like passing. I'm not trying to impress anybody. I'm not an aggressive weaver, but will pass a slower car... In general, I'm a driver, I love to drive.
I was the same way back in my 20's, 30's... Then I became a commercial driver and then it could affect my livelihood if I continued the speed demon antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Young + male = most stupid, dangerous creatures on the planet. Don't worry...they will grow out of it.
Yes and I did also fortunately. Sorry, but now, I too am that annoying person ahead of you driving just below the limit, but still ending up right behind you at the bottom of the exit ramp. Lol

Old 08-30-2013, 09:56 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
What's with old woman drivers driving so slowly and then get mad when I pass them?

Get over yourself. People pass you because they don't want to be on your pace. Don't take it personally.
It's nothing to do with taking it personally.
It has to do with having the maturity to realize that you are responsible for the safety of EVERYONE on that road. Not just wrapped up in yourself. And no...you are nowhere as good as you think you are. Lol...

Look, I LOVE to drive. No one loves to drive more than I do. I am a woman, but when I was 16 and I got a big old sports car with a big old engine, I would rocket the crap out of everything...until I realized that it's not all about ME.

So now I have even bigger, fancier sports cars, but I realize that I don't own the road and that a responsible, mature citizen cares about the people around them.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:57 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,226,363 times
Did all of the above when I was younger.
Stopped leaning all the way back when I bought a manual car.
I still speed but only on the highway and never on local roads.... and its not too crazy as I follow the flow of traffic on the fast lane. But I will throw this out there... whats more dangerous? speeding or not following the flow of traffic?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:01 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,479,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I was the same way back in my 20's, 30's... Then I became a commercial driver and then it could affect my livelihood if I continued the speed demon antics.

Totally understood, you have a license to protect. I get that.

I dont generally get to the speeds and styles that attract our local cops though. But out here, its hard to get a cop to stop you for 1-14 MPH over. 15+, then they play. Only 15+ hits our records in GA.

Now, I don't get why there are so many people that get upset when being passed. Its absolutely nothing personal, just a pass. I've had cars try to speed up to not allow it, cars swerve to try to prevent it, and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:04 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,479,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
Did all of the above when I was younger.
Stopped leaning all the way back when I bought a manual car.
I still speed but only on the highway and never on local roads.... and its not too crazy as I follow the flow of traffic on the fast lane. But I will throw this out there... whats more dangerous? speeding or not following the flow of traffic?
Studies have shown that anything faster or slower than the median flow of traffic is more dangerous.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:05 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post

Now, I don't get why there are so many people that get upset when being passed. Its absolutely nothing personal, just a pass. I've had cars try to speed up to not allow it, cars swerve to try to prevent it, and all kinds of crazy stuff.
That is also terrible driving usually fueled by aholery and testosterone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive