Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 10:06 AM

513 posts, read 737,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
What's with old woman drivers driving so slowly and then get mad when I pass them?

Get over yourself. People pass you because they don't want to be on your pace. Don't take it personally.
Get over yourself, dude! This old woman doesn't mind in the least if I'm passed, I do mind getting almost hit from behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
The fact that you think it's being done to impress others means you wont get it even if explained to you.

Oh, and driving fast doesn't equate into driving agressively. Weaving in and out of traffic, yes, but simply driving fast? No. I can drive fast very calmly, and just enjoying myself without an single ounce of aggression. BTW, I'm 50 and have been driving rapidly (not necessarily excessively, but rapidly) all my driving life. Rarely got a ticket (3 in 38 years), and never caused an accident (the couple times I've been in an accident were ones where I was stopped and got rear ended). It's not about getting to the destination quicker, it's about enjoying the drive and the G forces and acceleration and driving where your comfortable at.

This! To OP, you might just be the problem and people are passing you becuse you go to slow. There is some anecdotal corrrelation between age and speed, that works both ways. Young drivers go fast, old drivers go slow. Neither is any more in the right, but if you can simply change lanes and let them by, why not?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:23 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So now I have even bigger, fancier sports cars, but I realize that I don't own the road and that a responsible, mature citizen cares about the people around them.
Boooring.

So now I have even bigger, fancier sports cars, but I realize that I don't own the road and that a responsible, mature SENIOR citizen cares about the people around them

Old 08-30-2013, 10:25 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
Boooring.

So now I have even bigger, fancier sports cars, but I realize that I don't own the road and that a responsible, mature SENIOR citizen cares about the people around them
Simmer down, troll son.

I'm in my 30s.

But I have seen enough carnage to know when to take it easy and when to open her up.

It's not all about you and what you think is or isn't boring.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Young + male = most stupid, dangerous creatures on the planet

Don't worry...they will grow out of it.
Excuse me, I resent this as a young male. Middle aged women dont seem much better in the driving category here in Virginia. Hell I almost got hit by one in my parking garage at work when she did not stop at a turn and I had the right of way.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:29 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Excuse me, I resent this as a young male. Middle aged women dont seem much better in the driving category here in Virginia. Hell I almost got hit by one in my parking garage at work when she did not stop at a turn and I had the right of way.
You disagree that young men are the most dangerous animals on the planet?
Then you are delusional. We're not just talking about driving. We're talking about violence, etc.

I do agree with you.
Bad male drivers are aggressive aholes.
Bad female drivers seem to suffer from TSTD. Too Stupid To Drive.

I keep my eye on both.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:34 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,579 times
First off Im not an old lady. lol. Im not just talking about speeding but overall aggressive driving. Around here even when traffic is heavy it does not make a difference. All it does is endanger those around you.
Dont get me wrong I look to open it up on back roads once in a while!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
You disagree that young men are the most dangerous animals on the planet?
Then you are delusional. We're not just talking about driving. We're talking about violence, etc.

I do agree with you.
Bad male drivers are aggressive aholes.
Bad female drivers seem to suffer from TSTD. Too Stupid To Drive.

I keep my eye on both.
The most dangerous "animals" on the planet are people who make ignorant slanderous statements like you just did.

Oh yeah I'm 25 and no accidents and only one ticket in 6 years of driving. That ticket was in my 1st year of driving. Since then nothing else and I live in speed and red light camera land.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 AM

2,341 posts, read 12,045,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
They're male and young. Many are dumb.
Pretty much. Testosterone is the gas, and boobs & big engines are the igniters. Explosions tend to happen.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,171 times
Young male drivers are the only culprits?

You've never seen young female drivers, older male drivers, and older female drivers doing this ever? Rather amazing...

Oh and you drive the speed limit.. does this include the highway? I would assume then that almost every driver would probably pass you because most highway drivers go at least 5 - 10 miles over the speed limit.

Last edited by psurangers11; 08-30-2013 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: added something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive