Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 04:52 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times

Advertisements

Go with financing through a bank or credit union, rather than through the auto dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 05:20 PM

214 posts, read 468,253 times
Look at KIAs.... we have a sorrento and just bought a soul. They both ride and handle well, have great features and are not that pricey. I believe the financing is 1.9 (not sure about that)

Old 09-11-2013, 03:55 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I'm a single guy, average size guy. I don't want to spend more than 22k. Want something with decent MPG, at least 28 on highway.

So far, I'm leaning towards a VW Golf. Real simple and I liked the handling. I also like the Dodge Charger but Dodge loves to destroy wallets with their interest rates. I have excellent credit, I ain't paying 5% for a new car.

On the new car, I don't mind buying a slightly used car...2-3 years old with under 30k. My issue from what I've looked upon is the interest rate. Seems like used cars have higher rates, the lowest I've seen is 3.9%. I am extremely anti-interest rate. VW has .9% so that is very appealing to me. I would like something a little stronger than a Golf but I defintely don't want a higher monthly payment...would like to stay under 300.
It has been a while since I looked, but Dodge and VW have not always had the best reliability ratings. I would definitely suggest you consider the warrantee and reliability ratings when you look at cars. You do not want to be spending a lot of money on repairs.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:22 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
I had a fancy brand new Mustang GT back in 2007. I was spending about 70 a month just on interest at 3.9%. I REFUSE to pay anything more than 3% unless its a sick deal.

I am a fan of Ford but the new Fusion is gross, can't stand it. I test drove it and hate how oval it feels inside. A few of my friends moms have it so yea, no thanks lol.

I'll look into the Focus, I know they have completely redone the vehicle since its done very well in Europe.

I'm pretty sure Chevy has a pretty high interest rate as well.

My sister had a GTI for a few years, I really liked it. I don't see a huge difference between a Golf and GTI. The price difference doesn't add up to the value difference, IMO.

I'm not a handy guy so I can't go with something old as I'll need to pay alot for the repairs. I don't want something dorky, if that makes sense.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:26 PM

486 posts, read 832,395 times
I got approved at penfed for 2% for 60 month on a used car. Also take a look at lightStream.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:36 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,716 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Tough to beat a GTI for fun driving (and CHEAP). I have had one for over 15 yrs and it put two 6'4" sons through college yrs. Bought it for $400, probably got my money's worth (only changed oil... no major repairs... one timing belt $7). A Real blast to drive. (1986 one of the BEST yrs for GTI)

It is in my shop preparing to become yet another GTD!!! Even more fun to drive (especially in mtns) and 50 mpg on FREE fuel. (WVO, JET A, Discarded heating oil, waste motor oil, veggie oil, palm oil...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive