Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:42 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times

Advertisements

There were a number of douche bag off duty cops among the riders who did nothing but watch. Everyone of them should be fired and sued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 08:29 PM

6,545 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icy tea View Post
there were a number of douche bag off duty cops among the riders who did nothing but watch. Everyone of them should be fired and sued.

+1000

Old 10-06-2013, 08:38 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
There were a number of douche bag off duty cops among the riders who did nothing but watch. Everyone of them should be fired and sued.
Maybe the off duty cops didnt have their guns and stuff.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 PM

6,545 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Maybe the off duty cops didnt have their guns and stuff.

I realize a few guys trying to intervene with that massive mob wouldn't be able to do much and probably get their asses kicked too. But to not report it for a few days after and lawyer up? Why oh why would you lawyer up if you did nothing wrong?!?!? There's no way this was a one time event....

Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Here's an incident by the same group in 2011 where they surrounded a car that was trying to make its way through an intersection (incident at 1:19 mark or so). Notice the signal light ...

LiveLeak.com - Same group of bikers attacking another driver in 2011

Old 10-06-2013, 11:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Those bikers are just thugs, pure and simple. They ride around like the roads are their private race track and terrorize innocent people who happen to get in their way.

What struck me as funny is that the Attorney for the one clown arrested says he has been laid off since 2011 and has 6 kids, but it looks like he is using his welfare money to keep his crotch rocket motorcycle on the road. Real winners, all of them.

Glad to see they are making arrests and I hope all the cops who stood by, and who are sworn to protect people even when off duty, lose their jobs and are charged.

A really disgraceful situation all the way around.

Don

Old 10-06-2013, 11:45 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
There was a point when he stopped on the highway and his windows hadn't been mashed and a guy ran up and opened his door because it wasn't locked, he then sped off. It was a range rover so the electronics were probably malfunctioning just because.
If you look at Anderson Cooper's interview with the person Sergio who stopped the attack on Lien, see AC360 Exclusive: Hero bystander speaks – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs , around the 4:35 mark you'll see a motorcyclist, most likely Cruz, run up to the Range Rover, and furiously open the drivers side door, and that prompted Lien to speed off to protect his family. Had Cruz not tried to pry the door of the Range Rover open, Lien would not have sped off. Mieses' injuries are due solely to Cruz actually opening the Range Rover's door to drag the driver of the Range Rover out to the highway to attack, there is no other way to view it. No normal person after a minor collision would run up to a car to open the door of another car except to assault the other driver. Cruz only did that because he had 50 other thugs backing him up. If Lien had just stayed on the highway and not sped off, he would have been beaten to death and his wife and baby attacked because no one would have stopped the assault. It's only because Sergio stopped the attack that Lien and his wife and baby are alive today. The driver of the Range Rover saved himself and his family by speeding off.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:23 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I would have shot every single one of those aholes that approached my vehicle with my H&K .45 without hesitation. They ALL should have been run over like bowling ball pins.
Ah, but since it happened in NY, you would not legally been allowed to protect your family with a firearm. You would just need to call the police like the wife did multiple times and wait for the police to arrive.

It all worked out ok, didn't it?

PS - While things like this do not happen every day to people, I think a situation like this is a perfect example where a high capacity gun is needed. If the driver had shot a few of them, they might have scattered, or waited until he shot 5 to 10 times, then all swarmed the family.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Here's an incident by the same group in 2011 where they surrounded a car that was trying to make its way through an intersection (incident at 1:19 mark or so). Notice the signal light ...

LiveLeak.com - Same group of bikers attacking another driver in 2011
I could not even keep a count of the number of violations these guys were guilty of(running red lights, wrong side of the road, driving on the sidewalks through school zones, etc.). Anyone who is legally proceeding and either hits one of these fools, or even almost gets into an accident with them is likely to be attacked by any one of the hundreds of them.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
While I understand that everyone is entitled to representation by a Lawyer in America, some of the Attorneys really make me sick. Like the one trying to spin the attack by saying his client "was just approaching the victim after the accident because he wanted to exchange information !" Pure BS. Those bikers looked like they were making a Mad Max movie, swarming all over the poor guy, trying to cut him off and not having any regard for him or any other car on the road.

Those guys are criminals, no two ways about it, and I hope they throw the book at them. NY needs to send a strong message on this one that we are not living in some 3rd world country where this stuff goes on.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive