Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 PM

411 posts, read 831,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Lesson? You mean how you have more rage than just about everyone else out there? Or how you're attempting to compensate for some other deficiency?

With as much driving as I do, I come across these yahoos from time to time...acting aggressive, yelling and screaming, tossing up particular gestures, etc. The few times I've calmly stepped out of my truck, they seem to go quiet pretty quick, or quickly go the other way while yelling something to effect of how lucky I am that they're in a hurry

My bet is on compensating
That is a very nice tale, but past experience do not guarantee future performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 01:37 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I'm awed that you didn't mention their race! LOL! (Yes, I do have some esp)
Or more likely that you're just one of many that goes out of their way to "find" racism in situations that there really is none?

Old 10-07-2013, 05:42 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
Actually, what I encounter on a regular basis - probably at least once a day - is that somebody will be sitting at a 4-Way Stop as I approach and stop. They were there and stopped when I got there, but won't go even after I've come to a complete stop. They insistently wave me through. I don't get it, but oh well...
I live in the Pacific Northwest and this is what we call a "Go." "No, you go." "No, YOU go." There was even a skit on Portlandia about it where both drivers kept insisting the other go first, neither would, then they went at the same time and hit each other.

Many times on my way to or from my house I've gone when it really wasn't my turn at the 4-way stop, because no one would go and SOMEONE had to start the ball rolling. It beats where I came from, though, where the rule at a 4-way stop seemed to be, "Whoever barrels through goes first, regardless of whose turn it actually is."

Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM

24,463 posts, read 25,999,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post

Many times on my way to or from my house I've gone when it really wasn't my turn at the 4-way stop, because no one would go and SOMEONE had to start the ball rolling. It beats where I came from, though, where the rule at a 4-way stop seemed to be, "Whoever barrels through goes first, regardless of whose turn it actually is."
I'm pretty sure that happens in most states.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Our office happens to be in the middle of a Sun City. And we are clearly of the mature demographic. I will however give a tip. When you run into the older lady in the Camry...simply give way. Do not insist on the righteousness of your position...it will end badly.

Even if you have to back up...do it. Consider it an act of human kindness and good sense.

If you challenge these ladies the best outcome will be a flipped bird. Some will actually try to back up...and you will then understand why that is a bad idea. Or they will try and slide past and hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

No it will not be your fault.

But yielding under any none dangerous situation is always the better way.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:10 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,134,946 times
I remember a parking lot wrong way driver in Az a couple years ago. I pointed at the one way arrow, then got out of his way as he drove though. I proceeded and parked as he went into the next row (still going wrong way to traffic) so he could come down the same lane ( again against traffic arrows) so he could tell me that I was in the wrong as it was obvious I had out of state plates on my car. The only problem there was the #&&#% snowbirds that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:48 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
The only problem there was the #&&#% snowbirds that shouldn't be there in the first place.

So says the snowbird, lol

Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Why did you make some sort of gesture toward the elderly woman and why did you not get out the way? If you did that to me, I would have taught you a lesson about parking lot rage as I do all the time. I'll drive whatever way I want in a parking lot.
Why do you think those parking spaces are at an angle? Did you ever give that any thought?

Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,227,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Why did you make some sort of gesture toward the elderly woman and why did you not get out the way? If you did that to me, I would have taught you a lesson about parking lot rage as I do all the time. I'll drive whatever way I want in a parking lot.
Then you're part of the problem. And you can watch me check emails. I have all day. What lesson do you think you can teach?

Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Why do you think those parking spaces are at an angle? Did you ever give that any thought?
Cannot get it straight can you?

Older birds in Camrys don't think. And if you try to make them bad things happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive