Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 AM

233 posts, read 417,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind spot View Post
LOL but dontcha know, only losers conform to parking lot rules...true rebels will park in fire lanes
Oh, don't get me started on that. That's one of my main pet peeves in life. People parking in fire lanes. They park right on top of the words that say "No Parking", and they stop right in front of the signs that say "No Parking". They think that they don't need to follow rules because they're special and better than everyone else and deserve to park closer than the other 100 people that are in the store. It's just the rudest and most selfish thing that anyone can do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 10:54 AM

411 posts, read 832,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind spot View Post
Oh this happens all the time where I live! The best is when a traffic light is out, it is supposed to be a four way stop, but what really happens is everyone loses their minds and if you have to make a left turn, you basically have to just go for it and take your chances.

LOL but dontcha know, only losers conform to parking lot rules...true rebels will park in fire lanes (or park across multiple spaces), drive across spaces, go the wrong way down the aisle, and not look for pedestrians or other cars as they drive....and they DEFINITELY don't drive slowly...40mph is a minimum. And if they happen to clip your car as they go past, hey, no harm no foul. You can't keep him down! He'll do whatever he sees fit. Driving laws are beneath him.

Which reminds me, I did almost get hit by some stupid bint who was chatting on her cell phone, driving across the parking spaces in the aisle, and then cut me off as she pulled in front of me...then she was in line in front of me at wherever I had gone for lunch...still glued to her cell phone...guess it must have been super duper important, surely more important than checking for other cars before pulling out into the aisle. She never even noticed. Too wrapped up in herself.
I'm glad you understand that parking lot rules are for the birds.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:59 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,210,139 times
It is a private lot...their traffic flow signs are suggestions....and sometimes I don't care for their suggestions.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminthian View Post
Oh, don't get me started on that. That's one of my main pet peeves in life. People parking in fire lanes. They park right on top of the words that say "No Parking", and they stop right in front of the signs that say "No Parking". They think that they don't need to follow rules because they're special and better than everyone else and deserve to park closer than the other 100 people that are in the store. It's just the rudest and most selfish thing that anyone can do...
I absolutely hate people who park or stop in clearly marked fire lines and If I see it, I pull my trusty sledgehammer from my trunk and then use it to completely demolish the offending vehicle, frequently while the owner of the vehicle looks on sadly. On occasion, people have tried to prevent me from accomplishing my work, but when this occurs I just quickly handicap the people who are trying to prevent me from my work and quickly return to fulfilling my duties. The vehicles of people who improperly use handicapped parking spaces get the same treatment from me as well, although at times I've treated these people much harsher.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
It is a private lot...their traffic flow signs are suggestions....and sometimes I don't care for their suggestions.
Yeah, it's like thanks for the suggestion but I'm going to do what I want.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:04 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Seems to me that there is more than one self-righteous pissedoff rager involved here.

Was there room for both of you to get past each other? If there was, then it seems like you are both exaggerating the importance of the incident. Learn to take things in stride, for not all people will at all times conform with the same rules that you think are particularly important.

When you gestured to her that she was driving the wrong way and then you spitefully blocked her passage, what, exactly, did you want her to do in order to remedy the problem? Back all the way back out of the drive lane, dangerously, where there are people moving about on foot, with you glaring at her making her feel, among other things, angry?

Why did you feel it was important to tell us what kind of car she was driving? In all fairness, tell us what you were driving, too, so we can judge both of you based on our opinion of the kind of car you were driving, and on that basis evaluate the merits of your behavior.
This guy, LOL.

There's ALWAYS one of these types.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:55 PM

503 posts, read 1,204,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
I absolutely hate people who park or stop in clearly marked fire lines and If I see it, I pull my trusty sledgehammer from my trunk and then use it to completely demolish the offending vehicle, frequently while the owner of the vehicle looks on sadly. On occasion, people have tried to prevent me from accomplishing my work, but when this occurs I just quickly handicap the people who are trying to prevent me from my work and quickly return to fulfilling my duties. The vehicles of people who improperly use handicapped parking spaces get the same treatment from me as well, although at times I've treated these people much harsher.
Limehouse, you are quite a man, much like the Terminator.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 PM

2,341 posts, read 12,046,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Sure ya do, Cupcake...

Old 10-08-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David223 View Post
Limehouse, you are quite a man, much like the Terminator.
Exactly, but I'm more like George Dillon than Alan "Dutch" Schaefer.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:50 PM

471 posts, read 977,555 times
When I was a kid, friends and I used to go to the mall before it opened and stake out several of the good spots close to the doors with our cars. People would know we were there and would pay us $5 to $20 per spot to park in one of our good slots, especially around the holidays. Other high schools staked out other mall entrances and everyone got a little pocket cash for the weekend. I even had some "regular shoppers" who loved the idea I would save a spot for them in advance... Win-Win!!

We never cared which way everyone was driving in the lot. Actually had the mall cops tell us we were keeping order to a certain degree and there were a lot less "lot rage" arguments and fender benders when the different high schools had the spots staked out..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive