Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:40 PM

306 posts, read 657,343 times

Advertisements

The very best car audio system I have heard is the Nakamichi system that they used to have in the old Lexus RX300. That was absolutely amazing... infact I have never heard any car stereo that gave such good tight clean bass, most are boomy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 AM

129 posts, read 516,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
It was all McIntosh--every component.
And, because Mc's audio engineers were so concerned with the quality of their sound system, they designed special sound-deadening materials for the inside of the doors, the firewall, and beneath the seats in this one model Outback. The bonus was that the car was much more quiet than other Outback models when the audio system was off, and when it was on...WOW!

Yeah gotta find one and listen, I have heard the MX406 HU hooked up to Mc amps, with Focals a few years back in my VW days, Focals were shrill but it was a nice setup. Mc = Legendary, oh if only their components were more inline with my wallet. But someone has to make high end stuff I can dream of and save up for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocket2 View Post
The very best car audio system I have heard is the Nakamichi system that they used to have in the old Lexus RX300. That was absolutely amazing... infact I have never heard any car stereo that gave such good tight clean bass, most are boomy.
Had no idea it was ever offered! This is the reason for this thread, thanks! Agreed the bass in most systems, is too much. Have not seen a lot of the older 300's, was this a common upgrade over the base system?

Old 10-16-2013, 03:16 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
I agree that the interior design plays a big part in the quality of the sound. You can have very good rear 6x9 speakers, but they're worthless if the trim pieces of the back dash rattles with the bass from the speakers. Speaker placement also plays a part in sound quality. Putting front speakers only in the door near the calves of the driver and front passenger is a bad design for the dashboard design. This is very bad for someone who already has poor hearing. Even front dashboard mounted speakers can sound bad if the dashboard trim makes noise when vibrating.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
My 2006 Nissan Altima SE-R has a great 8 speaker BOSE sound system, and I LOVE it. My previous Altima 2.5 S had a 6 speaker NDSS system that had more bass but I definitely like this system better

Old 10-16-2013, 01:48 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
Best I've had was my '08 Scion tC, it had an Alpine system in there, IIRC. Worst is my '03 Corvette Z06 with the Bose but then again, the interior of the vehicle probably isn't built for music. But the exhaust system is one of the best I've heard, though.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM

15,797 posts, read 20,504,199 times
My Mach 1000 system on my '03 Mustang. Awesome system for a factory stock system.

Traded that car in for an Infiniti with 7-speaker Bose setup. Was a downgrade.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Best I've had was my '08 Scion tC, it had an Alpine system in there, IIRC. Worst is my '03 Corvette Z06 with the Bose but then again, the interior of the vehicle probably isn't built for music. But the exhaust system is one of the best I've heard, though.
Did not know that one either! Was that a special edition Scion, thought some of them had a Pioneer deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
My Mach 1000 system on my '03 Mustang. Awesome system for a factory stock system.

Traded that car in for an Infiniti with 7-speaker Bose setup. Was a downgrade.
Again another awesome system to know about, neighbor had a Stang with the Mach only had it for a few weeks before he got deployed, saw it a couple of times but never rode in it, his girlfriend trashed the car when he was in Iraq. Moved out before he came home, I would have been super pissed. He probably was...

Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,198 times
Best I've heard was the Lexicon 7.1 Discrete Logic 17-speaker system on a 2013 Hyundai Genesis sedan. It's quite amazing.

Here's a review of it:

Lexicon's Hyundai Genesis Audio System - Full Review

Old 10-18-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Best I've heard was the Lexicon 7.1 Discrete Logic 17-speaker system on a 2013 Hyundai Genesis sedan. It's quite amazing.

Here's a review of it:

Lexicon's Hyundai Genesis Audio System - Full Review
Neat! Have not heard many reviews on the full size Hyundai's in any way. Ex had a Sonata with the Mach system, sounded like an alarm clock. Was this system standard??

Old 10-18-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_8 View Post
I won first place in the State back in '98 for an aftermarket sound system I had in my F-150 at the time.

It was Diamond Audio HEX series 6.5" component system with a PPI (Precision Power) amp. Eclipse deck (can't remember model).. Two Kicker Solo-Baric 8" subs, Rockford Fosgate amp for those, EQX crossover, Lightening Audio 1.5 F cap, Infinity 5x7 speakers ......a bunch of Dynamat......

I've never heard ANYTHING that badass before or again.

It hit 133 db and though it was not the LOUDEST....was the CLEAREST.

#1 1998

I'll look for some pics...
Factory systems man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive