Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
not a troll. true story.
i dont know why u guys think its a joke.

Anyways now that I thought about it, I could have reported it stolen after and say I knew nothing about it.
You like to avoid personal responsibility, don't you?

You are willing to compound a problem by lying, which will eventually bite you. You'd get caught for a false police report, then get caught by the insurance company for fraud. I bet you'd end up in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 08:27 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While in this instance you were getting a ticket for stupid driving that cop could have just as easily have been saving your life had you got into a major wreck..
No. Because you don't know how Chicago cops were back then. If you didn't look right, you were pulled over for something, it was called profiling. Since I had long hair, police just about automatically associated long haired individuals as pot (marijuana) smokers. If you were a black person driving through on a side street in a white neighborhood, that was also a reason for a cop to stop you.

Actually, I was hoping that I'd be able to pay him off like I'd done in the past with another cop, but, there were two cops in this particular incident I mentioned earlier.

Throughout the 1960's and 1970's, Chicago cops were notoriously known for extorting money from everyday citizens.

In my instance of paying off one for a speeding ticket, the key to knowing the cop wanted the bribe was that he asked me to have a seat in his cruiser, in the front. Normally, when a cop writes a ticket, the driver remains in his car whilst the officer runs a 10-28 & 10-29 for wants or warrants on the driver and check for stolen vehicle/plates..
Official Ten-Code List

One thing I'd never do is resort to running stop signs or red lights to elude.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:55 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
I got away from a cop who was trying to pull me over once, back in 1986.

I was speeding on a semi-parkway (partly controlled access but some traffic lights) when I went by a hidden cop and he started to come after me.

The road was narrow and very curvy. Around one of the curves, there was a traffic light. I made a snap decision to cut a left at the traffic light (he was out of my sight at the time because of the curve) and lose myself in the residential streets. He never found me. I got back on the parkway a little while later further up the road.

I didn't outrun him, and I don't think I would have done that. That's way too risky. But I saw a way to elude him with some deniability, so I took the opportunity.

That would have been my first ticket if he'd gotten me, but as it was, I had to wait another year or so before I got written up for the first time. It was a shining moment....

Old 10-28-2013, 09:42 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Running from The Law regardless of the situation and/or reasons?

All I can say is . . . THANK GOD FOR KARMA.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,287,094 times
Just press "Reset" on your PlayStation cop chase game and all will be well - no consequences for your actions - you can start over....

OH! But this is REAL LIFE, not a video game! You can't do that!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:44 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,199,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Jesus H Jones! Talk about stupid. So instead of one ticket, which may have been a warning, you have careless driving, eluding, speeding and what ever else they can write... You earned each and every charge due to your actions.

To think you can outrun a cop is even more stupid. You may out run a patrol vehicle, there is no way you'll out run or out maneuver a Motorola and registration return. You're damn lucky you didn't face a custodial arrest. Fight the ticket and watch the judge throw you in jail, and suspend your drivers license.

There is no penalty steep enough for this brand of arrogant stupidity.
QFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Hmmm, this is interesting. What charge would it be if you gun through a yellow? Not running a red light? Since.....you know....one won't run the red since they gunned it? If the charge is still running a red light, that's weird & "Minority Report"-ish.
Sorry to bust your bubble, but the law in my state specifically classes accelerating through an intersection on a yellow light as running a red light. I'm sure that it's the same thing in other states as well.

I'm not sure that you can accelerate through an intersection on a green light in my state since the law states that you have to use caution whenever you enter an intersection.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
So i was driving home normally after the gym till I saw a bright flashing yellow light from a car on my right hand side.
While I was dazed by it, I noticed on the traffic light it was yellow so I gunned it and made it before it turned red.

Few seconds later I see flashing lights behind me....Im like really wtf is the cop gonna ticket me for that BS. It's his dumb light that made the whole traffic slow down and I made the light.
Either ways him being in a police van and me being in a "sliding car" I thought I could outmaneuver him from a ticket since I know the area well and can turn way faster then a huge truck/police van.

I eventually did outmaneuver him by making 70mph turns into a 35mph area. Turned off my engine, shut off the lights, and just walked back to my house. Once I get to my house, I grab my longboard and go check my car out so I can drive it back to my house.
I see flashing lights ahead of me and I knew they had me cuz they could check the VIN #/DL plate # and come knocking on my house.

I tell them the truth and apologize for running away. They told me I could be in HUGE trouble such as towing my car for 30days+, charging me for reckless driving, police evasion, WHICH I AM SO THANKFUL TO THESE GUYS for letting me off. AND I will never repeat the same dumb mistake again.
BUT he still charged me for running a red light and fast speed. The fast speed I have to take without a doubt, but I made the light by gunning it.........Why do I still get charged for crossing a red light...Should I fight it or just be blessed that these cops were nice and let me off and just pay the damn ticket?
you should have judo chopped the cop's neck when he showed up at your door.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:48 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,980 times
I am that cop and I don't find it very nice that you go posting this on public web forums. I am coming back tomorrow to bring you to jail. Please be home between 6-8PM.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:08 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
QFT.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the law in my state specifically classes accelerating through an intersection on a yellow light as running a red light. I'm sure that it's the same thing in other states as well.

I'm not sure that you can accelerate through an intersection on a green light in my state since the law states that you have to use caution whenever you enter an intersection.
In remedial driver training school offered up by my military background later in life, the teacher always said if you're about to run through a yellow or a red, at least make it look like you tried to stop or slow by applying your brakes lightly to illuminate your brake lights, because if there's a cop watching, he'll see you at least made an effort to slow-stop and used some level of caution.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:21 PM

25 posts, read 29,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
In remedial driver training school offered up by my military background later in life, the teacher always said if you're about to run through a yellow or a red, at least make it look like you tried to stop or slow by applying your brakes lightly to illuminate your brake lights, because if there's a cop watching, he'll see you at least made an effort to slow-stop and used some level of caution.
Terrible, terrible advice.

Have fun getting t boned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive