Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:30 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,589,697 times

Advertisements

I have a 98 Subaru Legacy sedan that is a blast to drive on windy roads. It is running strong at 186k miles. The newer ones look a little more sleek than my old boxy model. Friends of mine have a Toyota Corolla that they really like. Gets great gas mileage and is pretty fun to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 04:27 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
Acura TSX is based on the JDM Accord. A V-6 is available, but the four-cylinder model is a more enjoyable car and is available with a six-speed stick if that floats your boat. It's on the last year of production for the current line, so there is a Special Edition available which has more content for a reduced price.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:19 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
In no way someone who really, really appreciates driving a BMW (and can afford it) will ever consider a Kia or similar class family sedans (Korean/Japanese/US). They feel like floating boats in comparison.
Maybe in the past but in recent days BMW has gotten awfully squishy too. Mazdas have always been tight, the Focus, Fiesta, and Fusion are basically European cars, and Kia is making progress in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
I have a 98 Subaru Legacy sedan that is a blast to drive on windy roads. It is running strong at 186k miles. The newer ones look a little more sleek than my old boxy model. Friends of mine have a Toyota Corolla that they really like. Gets great gas mileage and is pretty fun to drive.
Your friend is disqualified for being either completely insane or part of Toyota's marketing and PR division.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:28 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Maybe in the past but in recent days BMW has gotten awfully squishy too. Mazdas have always been tight, the Focus, Fiesta, and Fusion are basically European cars, and Kia is making progress in that area.

Your friend is disqualified for being either completely insane or part of Toyota's marketing and PR division.
Yes, I have driven a Toyota Corolla and they are NOT fun to drive at all. It is a nice reliable driving appliance. My Subaru is much more fun to drive but is just as reliable as a Toyota.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:54 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Yes, I have driven a Toyota Corolla and they are NOT fun to drive at all. It is a nice reliable driving appliance. My Subaru is much more fun to drive but is just as reliable as a Toyota.
Same deal with my Mazda.

I will say that there are many ways to have fun with a Toyota Corolla. It's just that driving it isn't one of them.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:19 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:

Plus some still hate the iDrive system

Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Same deal with my Mazda.

I will say that there are many ways to have fun with a Toyota Corolla. It's just that driving it isn't one of them.
I like the Corolla, but it isn't a fun car to drive.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:42 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,589,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
My friend is most assuredly not insane. I have driven his car. I quite enjoyed it. Although also will say that I have more fun in my Subie. Although I do wish it were a stick. I have also been on a number of long road trips with him and his wife and have observed first hand that it is very fuel efficient. He and his wife have owned the car for some years now and with proper maintenance it has held up quite well.

I did look at a couple of other older Corollas before I bought my Subaru and they were not nearly as nice but I chalk that up to the fact they were also not as well maintained as my friends car is.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
The last fun Corolla? The RWD AE86 version.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:14 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,770 times
Love my German cars! We currently have 4 and that is 2 to many as we are a two driver household.
Sit tight and wait for the right used Merz to appear and it will.
Just flew to Portland OR to pick up a fabulous E500 4Matic wagon that is 10 years old but looks and drives like brand new.
Make sure you have a great local independent mechanic and you will never go with anything other than German, ever, again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive