Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradstuart2303 View Post
Hi,
Can you see some Hyundai cars because I see many cars are made by Hyundai are very luxurious and big to you should check it.

Mcloughlin Chevy
They don't make a full sized SUV. The biggest they make is mid sized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
2015 Tahoe/Yukon is now for sale. Go drive one and let us know what you think!
I plan on it when I get a free minute. I think I have pretty much narrowed it down to this car vs the Toyota Sequoia. These two seem to give the most bang for the buck.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:12 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
I'm kinda shocked a loaded 4wd LTZ Tahoe is around $65K. Some of them with all the boxes checked are over $70K! Be interesting how much off sticker you can negotiate with them being so new.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:29 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I need a 4 wheel drive vehicle with high clearance for work, and I want a big one because we are a family of 5 who spends many winter weekends driving up to Vermont to go skiing. I currently drive a Tahoe, but it is 10 years old and it's not going to last forever. Maintenance is starting to get high enough where I might start looking to replace it. I love the Tahoe and may just get another one, but who knows, maybe I will like something else better. As it is, the Tahoe is filled to capacity for our ski trips, so I can't go much smaller. This doesn't leave a whole lot of options. I can get a loaded Tahoe for somewhere in the mid $50's. I don't mind spending more, as long as I am getting my money's worth. I don't really care about making a statement. For example, I can get a loaded Lexus LX for $90K, but unless I am missing something, the extra $35K isn't getting me much more. I am starting to look at the Mercedes GL, the Infinity QX80, Ford Expedition, and other large SUVs. Anyone have any suggestions? Likes and dislikes?
I have a 2006 Ford Expedition Limited that I bought new and I absolutely LOVE it. It has pretty much every option Ford was offering in the Expeditions at that time. We have the two passenger captain's seats with the third row. I recommend that interior set up over the passenger bench seat.

We have put 160k miles on it, and NO problems. Nothing but routine maintenance, tires, brakes. That's it.

Extremely comfortable to ride in, we've taken many long trips in it. Inside has held up extremely well to our lifestyle, and we've not been easy on it. Overall it really still looks like new.

Not great on gas, but ours is paid for, so I'll be driving it until it dies....typically around 17 city, 19 highway.

Would HIGHLY recommend.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:03 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
For something such as a Sequoia or the LX 470, I'd buy a year-old one with 15K-20K miles or whatever and avoid the depreciation hit which the previous owner took.

But given the reputations of both of them, I might consider buying a CPO (certified pre-owned) edition of either one, although you'll have to decide if the premium you'd pay for a CPO model is worth it as opposed to a non-CPO model with similar mileage and equipment level.

Good Luck!

Old 02-28-2014, 11:23 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,295,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I need a 4 wheel drive vehicle with high clearance for work, and I want a big one because we are a family of 5 who spends many winter weekends driving up to Vermont to go skiing. I currently drive a Tahoe, but it is 10 years old and it's not going to last forever. Maintenance is starting to get high enough where I might start looking to replace it. I love the Tahoe and may just get another one, but who knows, maybe I will like something else better. As it is, the Tahoe is filled to capacity for our ski trips, so I can't go much smaller. This doesn't leave a whole lot of options. I can get a loaded Tahoe for somewhere in the mid $50's. I don't mind spending more, as long as I am getting my money's worth. I don't really care about making a statement. For example, I can get a loaded Lexus LX for $90K, but unless I am missing something, the extra $35K isn't getting me much more. I am starting to look at the Mercedes GL, the Infinity QX80, Ford Expedition, and other large SUVs. Anyone have any suggestions? Likes and dislikes?
None of these foreign applications justify the addition cost other than ego. Any domestic vehicle will provide a superior vehicle for usage for dollar spent.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
I have a 2006 Ford Expedition Limited that I bought new and I absolutely LOVE it. It has pretty much every option Ford was offering in the Expeditions at that time. We have the two passenger captain's seats with the third row. I recommend that interior set up over the passenger bench seat.

We have put 160k miles on it, and NO problems. Nothing but routine maintenance, tires, brakes. That's it.

Extremely comfortable to ride in, we've taken many long trips in it. Inside has held up extremely well to our lifestyle, and we've not been easy on it. Overall it really still looks like new.

Not great on gas, but ours is paid for, so I'll be driving it until it dies....typically around 17 city, 19 highway.

Would HIGHLY recommend.
17-19mpg is about average for cars in this class. Given the price increase on the 2015 Tahoe, the Expedition is looking pretty good. I can get a King Ranch for 10K less than the Tahoe. I think aesthetics go to the Tahoe. It is just a nicer looking SUV, but $10K nicer? I don't think so.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:44 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
The '15 Expedition gets refreshed soon and gets the 365HP EcoBoost twin turbo V6. Definitely an upgrade from the old 5.4 310HP V8. '14's should be heavily discounted soon. I'd rather get a left over '14 GMC Denali with the 6.2L 403HP for same money.

The '15 Tahoe looks sharp. Probably worth the ~$65K. I'll be getting one in a couple years once they are under $40K on the used market.

The cheapest 7 passenger SUV with the most to offer is the Ford Explorer Sport. It's fast and has all of the gizmos. Stickers in at $50K with all of the options checked but can be had for ~$45K. The '14 Dodge Durango is also nice with the latest updates. But none of these are the size of the Tahoe/Expedition.

Last edited by PokerMunkee; 03-02-2014 at 08:55 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,792,860 times
Tahoe or Yukon, you cant go wrong at all.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
How about a small trailer?
Or a Thule roof box, or 2 would fit on top of many SUVs.

I like the Acadia a lot for an improcement in fuel economy over the Tahoe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive