U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:35 PM

355 posts, read 2,599,471 times

Advertisements

I am so pissed off right now. Last night when I was coming home, I was merging onto the interstate, there was heavy traffic so I had to merge in and out of lanes to get over once my exit was coming up in a little while. I went to merge into the right lane and some a**hole blows his horn because I cut him off. I get over anyway in front of him and he keeps on blowing his horn and flashing his headlights on and off, apparently he was still angry because I cut him off. I was trying to not let him get to me, but after about 5 minutes of this, I started to get pissed off and just decided to get over into another lane. When I moved into the other lane he rolls up beside me and puts up his middle finger. He was in a Surburban and had his family with him and they were all giving me dirty looks and giving the finger. One of his kids tried to spit on my vehicle, but could not make it reach. Next thing I know, I hear a loud shatter come from my back window. I look back and the window is completly shattered all over the back seat. One of his kids threw a large rock at my car and broke my window. I was absolutely beyond angry at this point. They then switched lanes and got behind me and followed me into a gas station when I exited. I decided to use my cell phone to call the police, but while I was on the phone, they all got out and came to my car. They began scratching and kicking it and rocking it from side to side. I took my car keys out of the ignition and pressed the red panic button on my keypad and the horn on my car began to blow and my lights started flashing. This got the attention of a few people at the gas station and they ran to help me. The family who was harrasing me ran and got back into their car and left when they the people coming to help me. I drove back home after that without meeting up with them again. My brand new 2008 Nissan Armada LE is finished. It is all scratched up, the window in the back is broken, and it has dents everywhere. I brought it to Nissan today to get an estimate and called my insurance company. My insurance company will pay for everything. Don't you think road rage has gone to far these days? What the hek is wrong with today's drivers?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 01:46 PM

28,750 posts, read 44,121,595 times
There are people on this planet who simply should not be allowed to propagate.

You just ran a group of them.

I hope you got names and phone numbers of the witnesses at the gas station as well as the license number of the idiot and his brood of imbeciles.

Must be something in the air: I had a moron pull out from the left right in front of me last night. I had no where to go except the right lane. I was coming up on a left turn so I pulled over in front of him, turned on my blinker, and stopped to wait for traffic. The dumba** turns on his high beams and sits behind me honking. I let a couple of chances to turn go by. I even started to turn once and stopped. I love to tease the subhumans among us.

Here's someone who isn't smart enough to either look at the road and see there is no one behind me so all he had to was wait 5 seconds instead of almost getting hit, then can't figure out he could just change lanes and go around me when I got to my turn. No, it's my fault for having to swerve around him instead of ramming his car, then taking the turn coming up.

I was actually hoping he would follow me into the parking lot.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:56 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,866,312 times
What a gang of psychos. Sounds like something out of a horror movie.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 PM

20,004 posts, read 73,443,532 times
Thats horribly bad, really it is. Ever thought about carrying a Thompson submachine gun in the car? That would scatter those redneck vermin real fast. In all seriousness, I hope you got their plate #, etc. Either that or have a ET come out and fingerprint the car. What they did was criminal and I hope they get fined or jail time for that. Thats ridiculous. One things for sure, had they tried that with me, one of them would have been seriously hurt, whether they got me in a rush or not. lol

Old 11-21-2007, 03:53 PM

2,637 posts, read 6,334,705 times
I really feel for you. I'd have been a jibbering wreck if that had happened to me.

I know exactly what you mean about the road-rage culture nowadays. I'm learning to drive at the moment and you wouldn't believe the number of people who I get tailgating me, even when I'm driving at the posted limit (and despite the learner stickers on my car). It doesn't bother me too much but it is really aggressive and feels quite threatening. I think society as a whole has become more impatient in the last few decades.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:57 PM

25,827 posts, read 37,937,744 times
it should have stopped with the middle finger. everything after that was over the line. i may consider having a gun in the car.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:01 PM

2,637 posts, read 6,334,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
i may consider having a gun in the car.
Or mabye on the car? I'm pretty sure people wouldn't mess around if you had a gatling gun mounted on the roof.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 PM

1,719 posts, read 6,430,330 times
That's bad...I've been having some weird people getting crazy with me...Speeding up behind me and trying to change lanes at the last minute as they almost hit my rear 1/4 panel. This is as I am signaling and switching lanes to the lane they want. One guy stopped and tried to run me off the road. He then got in front of me and slammed his brakes to 40mph in a 65 zone and then got on the side to run me off again and then tried to get behind me or something but I put my hazards on and started going 25 in a 65mph on the freeway. I called the cops but got the answering machine....gotta love Los Angeles. He was a BIG gangbanger looking mexican dude. And I had my car for a month and did NOT want him to mess with it. He finally sped off. It lasted a good 3-4 miles. Which felt like 5 mins.

Hope someone managed to get the plates down.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:18 PM

4,739 posts, read 7,967,425 times
Sorry to hear that, guess i've been lucky, i've had them cuss me but never got past that point.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:26 PM

20,004 posts, read 73,443,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
Or mabye on the car? I'm pretty sure people wouldn't mess around if you had a gatling gun mounted on the roof.
That gives me an idea... how about this bad boy thats on the A-10 Thunderbolt (warthog)? INSTANT annihilation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive