Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 01:03 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Well hopefully its f'ing fast and handles well. The last one was just fast in a straight line. It was still just a turbo regal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
As with the ATS, the two engine options are a 2.0 turbo 4 or a 3.6L normally aspirated V6. The V6 option should deliver 0-60 times in the low to mid 5's.

There will also be a GNX model that slaps a pair of turbos on the V6 making it good for 420HP, which should drop 60 times deep into the 4s and 1/4 times probably in the high 12s.
Here's a Cadillac equipped with that brand-new twin-turbo motor to give you a preview of what to expect from the GNX (and keep in mind the car in this video is probably 200-300lbs heavier than the GNX will be):

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 08:59 PM

3,529 posts, read 3,732,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
The 1G and 2G eclipse were great, then the 3G just killed it. Mitsubishi definitely was in its height in the 90's....I guess they got the Evo still. Neon never appealed to me, even the SRT4....its still a Neon. Same with Cobalt, its just a Cavalier.
The 3G was such a let down when it came out from what the design of the 97-99 models was in particular. I fell in love with '97 model immediately--from the second I saw the original print advertisement in a magazine.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse '90s PRINT AD red sports car automobile

It is the very definition of "sex on wheels." Lookin' gorgeous from the factory floor with flawless curves. I was too young to afford it at the time, I saved up and eventually bought a '96 GS-T instead. Fun car, handled like a dream. One thing is it did have a loud cabin. But, IMO, it's the most aesthetically-pleasing design I've ever seen. If Mitsubishi made the exact same car today and changed nothing, I would buy it new. I am determined to own one again sometime in 2014. This time I'll do it right and get a 97-99 GS-X.

I had thought of this issue recently...what other cars had such a great trajectory of things going for it, only to basically go completely off-track with the next generation. Boy it was disappointing.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:34 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,116 times
The new Camaro. I know, it is probably the best performing, most technically advanced model ever built. But it's styling didn't turn my head like the '82 model.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:22 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
They brought over a car they called the Alliance. Not a 205 at all.
That was a Renault.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:23 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Back in the early 1980s Peugeot had great handling cars.

The best known was the Peugeot 205 GTi. Many regarded it as the best hot hatch of the 1980s.

We drive a brand new old Peugeot 205 - BBC Top Gear

Peugeot's other cars also drove extremely well with very good rides and handling. The turbo diesels were also very good for their day.

I think that the company did have a go at entering the US market. Their big promotional push focused on cars designed to take on Pike's Peak, if I recall. The company had a very good record in international rallying.

Today many enthusiasts find them a disappointment.
Peugeot was one of the few car companies selling diesels in the US in the 1970s.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:45 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,263,285 times
Acura, when they had the Legend and Integra(IIRC) they were very good cars with some personality. Now the RL and TL seem to be middle of the pack as far as looks and personality. And why do manufacturers have to take successful, known names and change them to alphanumeric gloop?! I'm still waiting for the Nissan C3PO or the Chevy OU812 or how 'bout the Fiat R2D2? EVERYBODY decided to follow BMW and Mercedes with stupid alphanumerics!

And Drover, since it wouldn't let me rep you; THANKS for the reference to HuugyBear's Blingmobile! Made me laugh. My favorite Fleetwood memory is my crazy Greek friend doing 40 down a Chicago alley and as we all feared for our life he muttered, "Oh look, level-ride is on." I think I made like the Pope after that ride and kissed the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive