Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 07:43 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,881 times

Advertisements

I seriously cannot believe that Honda is still making cars without satellite radio. Is this true? Satellite radio standard in a car is like so 10 years ago. It's not like the OP is asking for side-lane cameras or radar to prevent collisions. Satellite radio is standard in every car I have rented in the last 10 years. From the cheapest to the most expensive. Even backup cameras are becoming standard now in cars.

I just do not believe that XM is not standard in Hondas. That cannot be true. That would just be -- astonishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,007,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
I seriously cannot believe that Honda is still making cars without satellite radio. Is this true? Satellite radio standard in a car is like so 10 years ago. It's not like the OP is asking for side-lane cameras or radar to prevent collisions. Satellite radio is standard in every car I have rented in the last 10 years. From the cheapest to the most expensive. Even backup cameras are becoming standard now in cars.

I just do not believe that XM is not standard in Hondas. That cannot be true. That would just be -- astonishing.
Honda forces you to buy the loaded model to get Sat radio. It's weird because my experience has been that it's practically standard on the majority of new cars sold today.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:09 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
I will admit that we really enjoyed listening to XM on my daughter's new brand new Malibu coming through the Mojave desert at 112 degrees but I am not willing to pay that extra fee and she was not willing to continue it after the trial period. We don't even have cable or dish. Call me cheap, I guess. :-)

Old 11-24-2013, 09:37 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,881 times
My sister pays like 40 or 50 bucks a year for XM radio. That is NOT a lot of money.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:32 PM

358 posts, read 886,537 times
The desirability of XM radio will depend on the individual. All of my vehicles have XM radio capability. I have never listened to it once. If I am able to listen to radio, I prefer to listen to local stations complete with advertisements. It helps me get a feel for the community I am working in. In some instances, the advertisements are helpful when I need specific services. If I want to listen to specific music without advertisements, I just ask the computer to play the music I desire. Even without a computer system, most computerized cellular telephones will now find the musical pieces you desire and play them for you. I do not see why XM would have appeal when you can choose exactly what you want to hear.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:43 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,232,095 times
Base cars all look ugly.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:45 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
I guess i just never understood people that buy the base models even if they can afford the loaded midels. Most of us work for our money, some harder than others but it is still work. So when purchasing a car which for the majority of us is a necessity and a known financial downer why wouldn't you want the most for your money? Especially if one keeps it for 16 years. Make the best of money you have to spend anyways.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:02 PM

358 posts, read 886,537 times
You get the most for your money with a base model. Options are overpriced and you obtain more than you want since they come in packages. Thus you wind up purchasing many things you never wanted.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:08 AM

1,738 posts, read 3,007,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanSWM View Post
The desirability of XM radio will depend on the individual. All of my vehicles have XM radio capability. I have never listened to it once. If I am able to listen to radio, I prefer to listen to local stations complete with advertisements. It helps me get a feel for the community I am working in. In some instances, the advertisements are helpful when I need specific services. If I want to listen to specific music without advertisements, I just ask the computer to play the music I desire. Even without a computer system, most computerized cellular telephones will now find the musical pieces you desire and play them for you. I do not see why XM would have appeal when you can choose exactly what you want to hear.
By far the worst logic ever.

That's like saying why have cable when you can watch personal DVD's on your TV.

Sat Radio delivers a clear signal all over America and has multiple talk radio stations. It also has a huge amount of music and human's operating the song choices. Something a pandora or your phone cannot do. It's fine if people don't want to pay for it, but the logic I'm hearing about why is absurd and completely wrong.

Unless you carry a huge hard drive and a personal DJ around in your car, you cannot replicate Sat Radio.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:43 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
By far the worst logic ever.

That's like saying why have cable when you can watch personal DVD's on your TV.

Sat Radio delivers a clear signal all over America and has multiple talk radio stations. It also has a huge amount of music and human's operating the song choices. Something a pandora or your phone cannot do. It's fine if people don't want to pay for it, but the logic I'm hearing about why is absurd and completely wrong.

Unless you carry a huge hard drive and a personal DJ around in your car, you cannot replicate Sat Radio.
I have satellite in both my cars - my Jeep has it built in, our Camry uses one of the plug in units. I use it ALL the time. I keep an SD card with around 700 songs on it in the Jeep that I switch around, plus I stream Google Play to the stereo, but I use that satellite on a regular basis even with all the other stuff. You couldn't pay me to get rid of it.

That said, if I'm going to spend an obscene amount of money on a car, I'm going to get exactly what I want. I swore I'd never pay more than 30 grand for a car, well, I've done it twice and the last one came so close to 40 I couldn't fit my fingernail between 39 and 40. But I got what I wanted too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive