Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:30 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,757,973 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 01:33 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,076,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I confess, I once drove over the rear bumper of the car in front of me to get out of a parking place. I was solidly and hopelessly parked in.

Dented both cars. I was frustrated, alone, it was 3 am on a sub-zero night, and I was a teen.
LOL on the confession. Here's another- Someone double parked next to me on a city street. I wanted to leave, but I politely waited and smoked a cigarette figuring that whoever it was would be out in a hurry. Nobody would be so inconsiderate as to stay double parked like that for an extended time, right?

Sure. Right.

I finished my smoke and no one came. I was starting to get a little less patient, but I lit another smoke and waited some more. I finished that smoke and still no one, 20 minutes gone by. My patience was slipping away quickly now, I lit another smoke and laid on the horn.

3rd smoke gone, 10 minutes of horn blaring and pedestrians gawking, no response. This [expletive] had just stolen 30 minutes of my life, and I'd had enough. I got into my 1973 Gran Torino and fired up my big V-8 motor. I cut the wheel hard and backed up as far as I could, then cut hard the other way, put it in D and laid the heavy steel bumper against the side of that inconsiderate [expletive]'s nice car. Then I put the pedal to the metal, lit up my rear tires and pushed that SOB crossways into the street...and drove off to the merry 'farewell' symphony of a multitude of blaring horns of the traffic stacking up behind the impromptu roadblock.

I imagine that someone probably called the cops at some point, but I never heard anything about it.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:36 PM

Zymer, I hope you can hear my applause from there. Still got the Torino?

Old 12-05-2013, 02:39 PM

23,519 posts, read 24,000,129 times
The worst things I have seen people do, is to turn their cars into "ghetto mobiles" (big flashy rims, hyped up bass stereo systems, etc).

Old 12-05-2013, 03:15 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
LOL on the confession. Here's another- Someone double parked next to me on a city street. I wanted to leave, but I politely waited and smoked a cigarette figuring that whoever it was would be out in a hurry. Nobody would be so inconsiderate as to stay double parked like that for an extended time, right?

Sure. Right.

I finished my smoke and no one came. I was starting to get a little less patient, but I lit another smoke and waited some more. I finished that smoke and still no one, 20 minutes gone by. My patience was slipping away quickly now, I lit another smoke and laid on the horn.

3rd smoke gone, 10 minutes of horn blaring and pedestrians gawking, no response. This [expletive] had just stolen 30 minutes of my life, and I'd had enough. I got into my 1973 Gran Torino and fired up my big V-8 motor. I cut the wheel hard and backed up as far as I could, then cut hard the other way, put it in D and laid the heavy steel bumper against the side of that inconsiderate [expletive]'s nice car. Then I put the pedal to the metal, lit up my rear tires and pushed that SOB crossways into the street...and drove off to the merry 'farewell' symphony of a multitude of blaring horns of the traffic stacking up behind the impromptu roadblock.

I imagine that someone probably called the cops at some point, but I never heard anything about it.
I love to do that to the cars of folks who park in Handicapped spaces, or park on the stripes, for "just a couple of minutes". When did couple mean a half hour or more? Anyways, I'll never do that, but it's a nice fantasy.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:38 AM

811 posts, read 1,386,277 times
How about the big s c r o t u m replicas dangling from the trailer hitch, usually a big bad Dodge Ram truck?

Old 12-09-2013, 08:19 AM

I almost posted a picof that, odessa, but I thought it would be in bad taste. Funny but tasteless. To each his own.

Saw this a lot at the Dodge store years back, folks would put heating oil instead of diesel fuel in thier Cumminses. The additives are different and it's real bad for the fuel sytem, we would have to flush the system and it usually toook two fuel/water separatr filters to finally get it back to running. Heating oil is cheaper because it doesn't have the gas taxes like at the gas station.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,789 times
1. Not slowing down while passing through speed-bump. That's my cousin!
2. Drive the car until the gas tank is almost empty. Sometime he ended up pushing the car or walking to a gas station to get gas. That's my cousin!
3. During winter, using the wiper to clean the ice sheet on the windshield. That's my cousin!

This last one is probably not related but regardless I am going to bring it up:
Forget to turn off the engine while filling up the tank.

He is a hazard, I am a telling you!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,756,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
2. Drive the car until the gas tank is almost empty. Sometime he ended up pushing the car or walking to a gas station to get gas. That's my cousin!
3. During winter, using the wiper to clean the ice sheet on the windshield. That's my cousin!

Hmm, I sound a lot like your cousin.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM

17,604 posts, read 17,642,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post

I use my wipers with the de-ice setting, but south Louisiana doesn't freeze like up north and I wait till I see the de-ice is melting the frost before turning on the wiper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive