Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 06:29 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,408,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
And fourth, if you by any chance have GM truck or van - dude, OP, that's NORMAL! Wait for piston slap, ISS clunk, hard 2nd shift, and so on, plethora there for those. Maybe they will even let you read nice 6 page letter from GM, "scientifically explaining" how it all is "normal".
I will stick to Honda and Toyota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:37 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I took my under warranty work vehicle into a dealer because the transmission started shifting hard. I was given the vehicle back two hours later, no problem found.

Why was there no problem found? No stored codes the tech told me. It did not matter that it slams into reverse violently during our test drive.

I'm constantly reminded as to why this field is just in a race to the bottom. Give a Jiffy Luber and a scan tool and a 138 piece socket set and he's a mechanic.
Well, OP there's your answer and you will save yourself some money in the long run.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:38 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
eek 36K miles, watch them say your warranty is expired. That's prob why they were blowing you off.
60k powertrain warranty. I'm sure if it was customer pay they would have been all over themselves.

The part the really gets my goat on this whole deal was them thinking I was crazy and saying it checked out fine. It's a good thing I decided to stay out the extra night instead of driving back the 190 miles home. The trans could have died in the middle of nowhere with sub zero windchills.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:40 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Well, OP there's your answer and you will save yourself some money in the long run.
I"ve been a tech and still have most of my tools, but it will be a cold day in hell before I start dismantling an auto trans in a leased company pickup on my time.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:41 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias9193 View Post
First off why would anyone go to Jiffy Lube for anything .
Fixed it for you.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:44 PM

886 posts, read 5,715,596 times
I have said it before and I'll say it again dealership service departments are WORTHLESS!!! They have parts changers not mechanics!

Old 12-19-2013, 10:16 PM

2,341 posts, read 12,044,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Yes. My last battle with a Jeep took me a week to solve. It turned out to be an intermittent problem within the PCM. What I thought would be an easy fix turned out to be a nightmare.
I've done war a couple times with the PCM on a mid-90s Grand Cherokee. If I'd had dynamite in my possession, the war would have ended sooner...

Old 12-20-2013, 07:12 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,188,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
(PS, I agree with you on those lube places, I have little use for them and their high pressure sales tactics too).
You just have to say no I have out of warranty vehicles and found any time I went to deale for service they came out with a big list of things that HAD to be done.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I went to jiffylube once, I drove cross country and needed an oil change, I wound up letting a guy talk me into $144.00 worth of "oil change". That was 13 years ago and I would just a soon blow up my engine rather than stop at Jiffylube.
agreed, jiffy lube blows. the techs are clueless, and they overprice everything. i took my old F250 there once. i was prepared to pay $50 for an oil change as the engine did take 10qts of oil, and i specified synthetic oil. but i let them talk me into spending another $50 to change the fuel filter. and when they went to start the engine, they had no clue how to start a diesel, especially one that had to get the fuel system primed again. instead of blipping the throttle to keep the engine running, they bounced the revs off the rev limiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias9193 View Post
First off why would anyone go to Jiffy Lube for anything other than an oil change and that is somewhat suspect as well. I gave up on them years ago, I just couldn't take the high pressure tactics I had to endure
for a basic oil change. I would rather pay a little more to have a pressure free experience. If you have an issue with your car find a local Indy mechanic that has a good rep in your community. It will save you time and money in the long run.
never again will i go to jiffy lube for anything. in fact if all the jiffy lube son the planet burned to the ground today, i would throw a huge party to celebrate.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:56 AM

793 posts, read 1,419,578 times
^^ And I bet your fuel canister had the handy priming button on it too, didnt it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive