U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-19-2013, 02:01 PM
 
29,214 posts, read 51,773,585 times
Reputation: 21633

Advertisements

Of course wherever you're stuck behind some moron who can't pick a lane will seem like the state with the worst drivers in America, but only one can say it officially: The worst drivers in America are in Louisiana.
That's at least according to a statistical survey published Monday by CarInsuranceComparison.com, an auto insurance website.

Congratulations, Louisianans ? you're the worst drivers in America - U.S. News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-19-2013, 02:02 PM
MJ7
 
6,221 posts, read 9,801,029 times
Reputation: 6558
doesnt matter where you are in my experience, there are bad drivers everywhere.

not into politics but did anyone else notice the worst states are primarily red, and the best states are blue? whatever...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 02:59 PM
 
Location: La Jolla, CA
7,285 posts, read 15,156,090 times
Reputation: 11641
Every local forum should have a link to this, because every local forum seems to have "the worst drivers". Now that it's settled, we can all point to LA as the problem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Cole neighborhood, Denver, CO
1,123 posts, read 2,804,026 times
Reputation: 1251
I can't speak for greater LA, but I've driven in New Orleans. Not only are the roads narrow and sinking into the swamp, but every other driver is sucking on shrimp & crawfish and throwing the shells out the window at you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,661 posts, read 80,760,160 times
Reputation: 36392
BS on this one. Four of the five criteria are based on citations. Would you consider it safe to drive in a state that never issued a single citation for, say, drunk driving? Obviously, using this methodology, a state with no highway patrol at all would be he safest state, because it has the fewest citations.

The worst drivers, of course, are the ones who are least likely to be stopped and cited for their infractions. But all drivers everywhere are intrinsically good/bad in equal measure, under uniform driving conditions.

Dude-reino, driving without a bag of crawfish on your lap is like driving without the radio on. Unimaginable. Louisiana police ticket only cars they see coming with a plate on the front. That's how they identify Yankees and Texans. (Texans have learned to take off the front plate when they drive across Louisiana.)

Last edited by jtur88; 12-19-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 10:08 PM
 
4,231 posts, read 7,046,197 times
Reputation: 10129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
doesnt matter where you are in my experience, there are bad drivers everywhere.

not into politics but did anyone else notice the worst states are primarily red, and the best states are blue? whatever...
Well sarcastically, I can say in a blue state you can’t really get a citation or have an accident walking to your mailbox for your government handout.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2013, 05:54 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,661 posts, read 80,760,160 times
Reputation: 36392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Well sarcastically, I can say in a blue state you can’t really get a citation or have an accident walking to your mailbox for your government handout.
Red states have an awful lot more people on welfare, social security, unemployment, etc. than blue states do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2013, 07:00 AM
 
4,231 posts, read 7,046,197 times
Reputation: 10129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Red states have an awful lot more people on welfare, social security, unemployment, etc. than blue states do.
No matter how much you tell yourself that's true, it's not
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2013, 07:31 AM
 
2,341 posts, read 10,776,640 times
Reputation: 2040
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Of course wherever you're stuck behind some moron who can't pick a lane will seem like the state with the worst drivers in America, but only one can say it officially: The worst drivers in America are in Louisiana.
That's at least according to a statistical survey published Monday by CarInsuranceComparison.com, an auto insurance website.

Congratulations, Louisianans ? you're the worst drivers in America - U.S. News
They'd be better drivers if these were street-legal.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2013, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Long Neck,De
4,792 posts, read 7,526,454 times
Reputation: 4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
B
Dude-reino, driving without a bag of crawfish on your lap is like driving without the radio on. Unimaginable. Louisiana police ticket only cars they see coming with a plate on the front. That's how they identify Yankees and Texans. (Texans have learned to take off the front plate when they drive across Louisiana.)
So if we fly in and rent a car we do not have to worry about tickets??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top