Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:22 AM

914 posts, read 942,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
How are they unfair exactly? If it's right at a point the speed limit comes down, then maybe. But if they're on a stretch of road with a continuous speed limit, how exactly is it unfair?
It's unfair because they HIDE.
That is cheating. They should be HIGHLY VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES.

Then, if you get nailed it's because you deserve it.

If you ask me, cops should have to have their sirens in the shape of piglets, and they would have pink lights in them, and they would go OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK as they ran them.

MAYBE I'd feel different about cops if the bah-studs would ever be somewhere WHEN YOU ACTUALLY NEED THEM.

Let them go after REAL CRIMINALS and leave the common citizenry the EFF ALONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 08:51 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisiin View Post
Ah, but it is NOT safety that they are about. They are State-appointed revenue raisers!
And don't give me any bullshyt about how there are no quotas. If you are a cop and you don't turn in enough tickets in a month, your captain is gonna want to know just what the heck you have been doing out there.
Why would they need quotas when there are so many lawbreakers out there? It shouldn't take them more than a minute or two to find one.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:12 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Why would they need quotas when there are so many lawbreakers out there? It shouldn't take them more than a minute or two to find one.
It would take longer than that. It would take them a minute or two to get in the freaking car.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:08 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,215,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
You do know that if you alert oncoming traffic of a speed trap or anything and that person were to be drunk, you can and would be held liable for his actions as well if they had a witness to this.
Really? What state and what statute? Also, how would anyone but the driver fully understand (prove) why lights were flashed on the front the their vehicle?

Old 01-21-2014, 12:58 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
Quote:
It's unfair because they HIDE.
That is cheating. They should be HIGHLY VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES.

Then, if you get nailed it's because you deserve it.

If you ask me, cops should have to have their sirens in the shape of piglets, and they would have pink lights in them, and they would go OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK as they ran them.

MAYBE I'd feel different about cops if the bah-studs would ever be somewhere WHEN YOU ACTUALLY NEED THEM.

Let them go after REAL CRIMINALS and leave the common citizenry the EFF ALONE.
So you're saying speed limits only apply when cops are visible. Gotcha.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It would take longer than that. It would take them a minute or two to get in the freaking car.
You forgot the time it takes them to lick the donut frosting off their fingers before they can open the door handle.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
So you're saying speed limits only apply when cops are visible. Gotcha.
no, I am saying they should not be allowed to deliberately HIDE.
That is freaking entrapment.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
no, I am saying they should not be allowed to deliberately HIDE.
That is freaking entrapment.
That is not even close to being entrapment.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That is not even close to being entrapment.
As far as I am concerned it is.
I gives two hoots for the legal definition of it...which is surely written to advantage "law enforcement" (revenue-raising, actually)

Old 01-21-2014, 03:22 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
As far as I am concerned it is.
I gives two hoots for the legal definition of it...which is surely written to advantage "law enforcement" (revenue-raising, actually)
You expect the law to be fair? That isn't a priority of governments and laws. They are meant to control and exploit. That's the way it is. When you give a group of people too much power. This happens. It happens time and time again. History is littered with examples of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive