Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 06:46 AM

48 posts, read 63,972 times

Advertisements

This.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 07:11 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
Lamborghini. When the doors go up, the panties go down.
Just so long as you can handle it, unlike this guy.

Lamborghini Crashes in Chicago Suburbs - YouTube

Old 02-15-2014, 07:13 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,589,697 times
The kinds of girls/women who are attracted to a guy based on the car he drives are not ladies.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:11 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Have you come up with some good answers for the what do you do, make how much?
What I do typically gets "I'm a scientist" and how much I make typically "I do okay." Not really a scientist but my undergrad was computer science and typically the kind of people that ask the question will hear scientist and not ask anything further lol.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Just so long as you can handle it, unlike this guy.

Lamborghini Crashes in Chicago Suburbs - YouTube
Funny story; soon after buying my gallardo I was at a car show and a Ferrari driver made fun of me after asking if I'd ever driven on the track; answer was no, he said that's typical of Lamborghini owners. That piqued my interest so I took the car on the track, loved it, and next thing you know I work my way up to full racing events. So the Chicago guy definitely could have been me but then I learned to drive. I never take the street cars on the track anymore though, just this:

Elan DP02 at PBOC Winterfest 2012 - YouTube

Old 02-15-2014, 08:37 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times

Old 02-15-2014, 09:16 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
A lot of Wall Street guys tell me that an Audi is it, but I'm wondering how it can be better than an American car such as a Vett, Camaro, or Mustang if they have less HP and look dopey. Why spend the extra $$$ for less performance?

I laughed at this post. Those may be 'Ladies Man' cars if you are working 'at the mill', but not really considered refined. As others have said, a car does not define you ability with the ladies, unless the ladies are incredibly shallow.

That said, owning a German sedan doesn't make you smooove either. But I won't lie, I know more than a couple ladies who would like to be driven around in an upscale Mercedes...if its the ladies car, they want the top to come off.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
It's a broad, generalization though. If you compare base models the Mustang is faster, and Camaro, because there's no replacement for displacement.
Yes, and I just said you shouldn't make broad generalizations. You aren't very good at this reading game either, are you?

Also, people who say "there's no replacement for displacement" should really get out of the 1970s and spell "tur-bo-char-ging" with me.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
As silly as the OP question seems on the surface, there is some validity to what he is asking. A single guy who drives some beat up old ladies car is going to put out a certain image, and as we all know, whether some people will admit it or not, women are image driven. (Oh, yeah, they all SAY they just want a nice guy but if that nice guy lives with Mom and drives a Neon, he is going to be sleeping alone for a long, long time. )

When I was single I had my GTO's and other cars like that, but the one that I used for nightclubbing was a Bonneville Brougham 4 door. That was in the 60's and it gave me the appearance of having more money than I really did..........and if there is one thing women love more than a nice guy it is MONEY !

I know someone will say all the above is BS, but if you think all those NBA guys get the hot chicks because women are into basketball I have some swamp land I would love to talk to you about. Therefore, my advice to the OP is to get yourself the nicest luxury car you can afford, be it an Audi, Lexus, Caddy, etc.

Don
I think you speak the truth Don. It was a bad deal as a teen being able to afford and buy a car...only to find that many girls didn't want to be seen in something that wasn't cool.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:29 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
The Most Interesting Man in the World could get any woman he wants while riding a scooter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive