Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 09:36 AM

929 posts, read 2,091,971 times

Advertisements

A limousine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 04:30 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
I don't know why guys think women like convertibles. As a woman I hate them. They trash my hairdo and if it's hot my makeup ends up getting ruined and all the metal parts get too hot in the sun. If it's cold out there is the strange feeling of driving in the cold with the heater blowing hot air, just seems dumb. I usually ask them to please put the top up for me. I've never been as impressed with a man's car as HE WAS. The absolute last thing on my list would be what brand of car he drives. I am speaking in generalities of course, because there are women who are true gear heads, and more power to them, but I don't think that's the kind of ladies you are talking about. LOL. This is just a fundamental disconnect between men and women. You think we care about such stuff, we don't. Unless the woman is doing the math in her head and trying to figure out how big of a diamond you can afford. Again probably not the woman you're talking about.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:30 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,154 times
A true ladies man doesn't even need a car...he drives her car, eats her food, crashes at her place and uses her credit card...LOL this is a stupid conversation!

Old 02-15-2014, 04:33 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
A true ladies man doesn't even need a car...he drives her car, eats her food, crashes at her place and uses her credit card...LOL this is a stupid conversation!
I think you're confusing a mooch with a ladies man LOL

Old 02-15-2014, 05:11 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post

I was going to buy a Vette once. Went down to the dealership, was even in the process of signing the paperwork. Cracked a joke... and the salesman immediately snatched up the paperwork and said the car wouldn't be a good fit for me, since I had a sense of humor.

True story.

Riiight...sure that happened.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:16 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,970,459 times
I still can't past the term, "Ladies Man" .

Old 02-15-2014, 05:32 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,312,651 times
I'm a stick-to-the-rules-of-the-road kind of person, so the need for mega-horsepower is kind of lost on me. I do enjoy beautiful cars as works of art, though. In general I tend to be suspicious of men with very showy rides. What are they compensating for? And is it even paid off? I've known too many $30,000 millionaires, I guess. $30,000 Millionaires: Douchebags in the Mist - Page 1 - News - Dallas - Dallas Observer

I also avoid men who drive huge pick-up trucks when it's obvious they aren't used for any practical purpose. What's the point of that? It's a rampant disease in Arizona. My pick-up is bigger than your pick-up. Not impressed, especially when the rear bed never appears to have had a thing in it.

I saw a car on the road yesterday that really turned my head. I don't know what model it was except that it was a Lexus. It was about the size and shape of a BMW Z4. Only room for two. Appeared to be a hard-top but I guess it was folding — can't imagine a car like that not being convertible. It was that color Lexus calls Starfire Pearl, very light gray, not metallic, just a pearly sheen. I have no idea it was a car good to drive, but it was super attractive.

In the expensive car category, my taste is a Bentley. Bond-style.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:38 PM

819 posts, read 1,407,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
In the expensive car category, my taste is a Bentley. Bond-style.
Aston Martin? I've only seen Bond drive a 1930's Bentley and those were the really old movies. I'd love to have a DBS one of these days; just wish Ford hadn't ripped off the Aston front end for the Fusion.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:44 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Riiight...sure that happened.
I can see humor is not one of your strong suits, either.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:49 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,877,385 times
you should watch this:

GOLD DIGGER PRANK EXPOSED! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive