Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 05:06 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of people in snow country who have Forresters and really give them high marks...
It just seems to have low clearance if you are in any really deep snow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 06:28 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
Definitely a Ford Flex!

great cargo room, very comfortable, decent gas mileage, and also a very capable and fast utility vehicle in EcoBoost form.

its not elitist like a Cayene and not pedestrian like a Chevy Traverse. its easily capable of being a work horse with a touch of quirkiness that makes it different enough without being pretentious.
Nice SUV if you're into the hearse look.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,449,998 times
The lady says "nothing fancy" and people are throwing out Escalades and BMW's lol

She's putting dogs in it.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,411,657 times
Default Audi Q7?

How about an Audi Q7? I drove one yesterday and it was very nice. A colleague owns one and he loves it. It's luxury, but nothing fancy. I'm in the market for an SUV too, and I'm thinking of buying one.

The other suggestion is a Toyota 4Runner. My sister has driven one for about 5 years now and she has had a very good experience with it. I usually drive it in the desert when I'm Arizona going hiking.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:59 PM

805 posts, read 1,560,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
How about an Audi Q7? I drove one yesterday and it was very nice. A colleague owns one and he loves it. It's luxury, but nothing fancy. I'm in the market for an SUV too, and I'm thinking of buying one.

The other suggestion is a Toyota 4Runner. My sister has driven one for about 5 years now and she has had a very good experience with it. I usually drive it in the desert when I'm Arizona going hiking.
The Toyota 4runner has been mentioned a couple of times so I think that's something to check out. I do like the Audi but I want to keep the cost down, my impression is that they tend to be more expensive.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:04 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,147,753 times
I would loom at the MDX. I personally love them, but they also seem to fit your requirements. They are more luxury without breaking the bank, they are fun to drive unlike the tank like SUVs like suburbans and the larger models. And would give you room for your dogs.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:50 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,610,354 times
Guys she's transporting some dogs. And she said nothing fancy. OP I would look into a certified preowned awd vehicle.
Just make sure it has enough room for your things. I would go as far as bringing boxes that you can fold to transport and then quickly put into box shape to check for the space and fittment. You don't need a freaking escalade or x5. Go get something reasonable. A lot of cars seem big from the outside. Unless you need to be one of those people who has to roll in 60k or no way a preowned Ford Flex AWD will take a ton of cargo. Yeah its boxy and it's not a ROVER OR BMW but I test drove one and I was impressed. Get a AWD with the twin turbo Ecoboost and its gonna be a quick car

Old 02-15-2014, 10:43 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,651,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
The only real solid choices are the 4Runner and Pilot

Jeep is still ranking poor according to JD power

The cute utes i.e. Sorento, Santa Fe, Escape, CRV are really too small to carry dog crates
They are not! I drive a Dodge Journey and fit 2 dog crates for small dogs in my backseat all the time! She has dachshunds not German shepherds.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:42 AM

805 posts, read 1,560,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
They are not! I drive a Dodge Journey and fit 2 dog crates for small dogs in my backseat all the time! She has dachshunds not German shepherds.
Shhh the dachshunds think they are German shepherds.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:57 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,909,092 times
Since all the boring and practical SUVs have been mentioned, I'll recommend a 06-2009 Jeep SRT8 or a 2006-2009 Chevy TrailBlazer SS. You can get the Jeep for mid $20Ks now, they hold their value very well. Nothing fancy on the inside but it has a 420HP 6.2L that will get you to your destination quickly. AWD is standard.

I had a 06 TBSS RWD for 3 years, put 48K miles on it, no issues. Great vehicle. AWD is optional. 395HP and is a fun to drive SUV. Can be had for under $20K with good miles.

If you doing some serious off roading, a Jeep Grand Cherokee/Jeep Commander with Quadra-Drive II is the best system out of all of the manufactures.

There are not many systems that can do this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive