Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 07:51 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
overall, horrible post!
Really? Would you care to point out why or are you just going to make an unqualified blanket statement that carries no real value?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 PM

600 posts, read 659,997 times
your 'answer' to the OP was full of inaccuracies and mostly you judging her.

again, really horrible...

Old 02-19-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
your 'answer' to the OP was full of inaccuracies and mostly you judging her.

again, really horrible...
Yeah, because you aren't judging in this very response...not at all. Again, are you going to point out the inaccuracies or are you just going to spout off, for lack of better terms, judgments that offer no real content?

Was I judging her? If the shoe fits - absolutely. Any person who ends up in a situation such as this and then expects strangers online to help her deserves some measure of judgment because, unless the loan was taken out of a dire situation (i.e. a life-threatening injury or illness), which I pointed out would be the one exception. Clearly, absent an emergency of that nature, the OP has made some questionable decisions and babying her isn't going to do her any good. I'm sorry if this doesn't fall in line with your Saturday night crocheting club mentality, but not everybody deserves a pat on the back and an "attagirl" when they **** up in life.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:59 PM

'13th grade education'

'single interest'

debt negotiating being 'illegal' and 'unethical'…

ridiculous!

Old 02-19-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
'13th grade education'
Had nothing to do with the OP. If you understood hyperbole (look it up in the dictionary), you would be able to see that I was merely pointing out that even a half-educated financial adviser could help the OP figure out what went wrong, meaning she doesn't need to spend any more money on someone highly-trained and who charges a lot for his services. So whom am I judging, exactly? A non-specific person who might be able to help the OP? Got it. Guilty as charged.
Quote:
'single interest'
It should have read "simple" interest. As in, the financial term. Although, you would then probably have taken issue with the word "simple".
Quote:
debt negotiating being 'illegal' and 'unethical'…
Debt negotiating isn't illegal and unethical. Thinking you can just stop making payments and then force the lender who doesn't owe you a damned thing into negotiating down the terms of your loan is, indeed, unethical and may very well be illegal. It's not a judgment so much as it is a statement of fact. When was the last time you took an ethics course?
Quote:
ridiculous!
Learn to read without falling faint. Then come back and lecture others, k? Otherwise, back to your knitting. Seriously, did you get up this morning and think to yourself: "My life is so completely devoid of interesting events that I'm going to go shake my finger at someone online!"? Because your single-utterance responses certainly come off as righteous indignation of a retiree with too much time on his/her hands.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Its called compounded interest
Shhh, don't say that! Niedo might have a conniption...

Old 02-19-2014, 08:20 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,279,131 times
OP I am not going to judge or second guess your situation or why it happened. Stuff happens. Sounds like you got taken advantage of and now you have to get rid of these predators. If I were in your shoes, (and I have been close) I would go to my bank or a credit union and see what they can do. If you have steady income and can manage your bills, and have been with the bank awhile, I think you would be surprised to find out they may be willing to do a one year loan at a decent interest rate that could allow you to pay the sharks. Have it take out of your bank account automatically. Less painful that way.

I agree that its good to get some financial counseling too, as long as its free or nearly free, such as a community ed class.

As a last resort I would consider the credit card route. But unless you have good credit, you could get stuck here, too, paying only the minimum payment per month will keep you in trouble.

I DEFINITELY would not recommend bankruptcy--unless you have a mountain of other debt.

You can do this. Find a very tiny second job that will cover the payment to your bank each month for a year. Best option, IMO.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Had nothing to do with the OP. If you understood hyperbole (look it up in the dictionary), you would be able to see that I was merely pointing out that even a half-educated financial adviser could help the OP figure out what went wrong, meaning she doesn't need to spend any more money on someone highly-trained and who charges a lot for his services. So whom am I judging, exactly? A non-specific person who might be able to help the OP? Got it. Guilty as charged.It should have read "simple" interest. As in, the financial term. Although, you would then probably have taken issue with the word "simple".Debt negotiating isn't illegal and unethical. Thinking you can just stop making payments and then force the lender who doesn't owe you a damned thing into negotiating down the terms of your loan is, indeed, unethical and may very well be illegal. It's not a judgment so much as it is a statement of fact. When was the last time you took an ethics course?Learn to read without falling faint. Then come back and lecture others, k? Otherwise, back to your knitting. Seriously, did you get up this morning and think to yourself: "My life is so completely devoid of interesting events that I'm going to go shake my finger at someone online!"? Because your single-utterance responses certainly come off as righteous indignation of a retiree with too much time on his/her hands.
perhaps if you understood that the OP was not looking for hyperbole or condescension, then you would have realized how inappropriate your post was; both in tone and details!

and if your going to be a self-righteous @#!; at least have your facts straight!

Old 02-19-2014, 08:28 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,162,917 times
And I complain about 2% APR.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
perhaps if you understood that the OP was not looking for hyperbole or condescension, then you would have realized how inappropriate your post was; both in tone and details!
Perhaps if you addressed any of my counter-points instead of getting your panties in a bunch, we'd have a much more productive conversation. Who the hell do you think you are to lecture others on their tone when you aren't capable of forming a coherent sentence?
Quote:
and if your going to be a self-righteous @#!; at least have your facts straight!
Again, I challenge you to point out any fallacies in my facts. To this point, you have done nothing of the kind. And your insistence on characterizing instead of addressing the facts isn't doing you any favors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive