Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 08:33 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times

Advertisements

[quote=victimofGM;34039257]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post

Corvair, Vega, Oldsmobile diesel engine, poor interior quality from 1970s to around 2007, Cadillac Cimarron, leaking intake gaskets on V6 engines, and many other examples point to a history of poor quality.
Nice troll screen name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:44 PM

[quote=MckinneyOwnr;34038766]
Quote:

Oh I have domestic vehicles too. I just don't live my life with blinders on like you do as to what constitutes a "quality" vehicle.

But I do think it's hilarious how you are attempting to prove a point about quality... by GM being #1 in sales. You ever hear the phrase, "Quality over Quantity?"
I don't live my life with "blinders" on and I don't need to prove anything. GM makes quality products to me and that's what matters to ME. I never said GM was number 1 the OP did. I am just a loyal buyer of GM based on my experiences and that is all that matters. Like I said they can be 1,2,3 in sales it doesn't matter to me I'll still buy because I like their products.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:21 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Why do people always mention the Cimarron? Do you even know why you put it on this silly list of yours? Probably not. There was nothing wrong with the Cimarron. It didn't sell well because it was a gussied up Cavalier, that doesn't make it flawed as an automobile, only poorly marketed.
Depends how you look at it. By the standards of a Cavalier, the Cimarron was probably acceptable. By the standards of what a Cadillac is supposed to be, the quality wasn't up to par.

Quote:

I don't live my life with "blinders" on and I don't need to prove anything. GM makes quality products to me and that's what matters to ME. I never said GM was number 1 the OP did. I am just a loyal buyer of GM based on my experiences and that is all that matters. Like I said they can be 1,2,3 in sales it doesn't matter to me I'll still buy because I like their products.
Apparently you do think you need to prove something, otherwise you wouldn't have quoted me (or tried to, anyway) in the first place. Your opinion carries no weight as to what you think is a good car, because you've never owned anything else and don't have a clue that there are some excellent cars out there that GM can't come close to matching.

Like I said, blinders.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Depends how you look at it. By the standards of a Cavalier, the Cimarron was probably acceptable. By the standards of what a Cadillac is supposed to be, the quality wasn't up to par.

Apparently you do think you need to prove something, otherwise you wouldn't have quoted me (or tried to, anyway) in the first place. Your opinion carries no weight as to what you think is a good car, because you've never owned anything else and don't have a clue that there are some excellent cars out there that GM can't come close to matching.

Like I said, blinders.
Your right I never owned anything but GM and why is that? nuff said.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Your right I never owned anything but GM and why is that? nuff said.
Because ignorance is bliss, that's why.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Because ignorance is bliss, that's why.
Yep me and all the other millions of GM buyers we are all ignorant fools... on that note i'm out I have work in the am.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:49 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,282,410 times
I've actually owned cars from most major manufacturers worldwide in the last 30 years. I'm not a fanboi of any brand, and have had everything from Pintos to Porsches. I've had Toyotas and Hondas, Subarus, Suzukis, and Mazdas, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, BMWs, Audis, and VWs, Renaults, Fiats, MGs, Jaguars and Range Rovers and many more. I currently have two GM vehicles, the Suburban and the Volt, because both of them deliver what I wanted when I wanted it. Both of them are excellent at what they do and it's obvious that the teams working on them took extra effort to deliver them. The GMT900 Suburban is an excellent heavy duty truck that will last a long time and deliver a serious workhorse job. The Volt is well made, technologically advanced, and delivers exactly what it promises: gasoline free daily driving with the ability to do extended road trips at a moments notice with no change in infrastructure. I resent the implication that I bought either of them because I'm ignorant. That attitude itself is ignorant.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
[quote=eddie1278;34039636]
Quote:

By definition you DO have blinders on. You say GM makes quality products to you. But since you don't buy or try any others you have no clue.

I don't care whether the cars I buy come from #1 or #10. Total global sales is meaningless to me.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
[quote=hoffdano;34044087]
Quote:

By definition you DO have blinders on. You say GM makes quality products to you. But since you don't buy or try any others you have no clue.

I don't care whether the cars I buy come from #1 or #10. Total global sales is meaningless to me.
I haven't been through the whole thread but I was about to post something similar to what I've quoted above.

I really couldn't care less whether a company I was buying from was number 1 or 101 or even 1001 so long as it produced good quality products that met my needs and desires.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I've actually owned cars from most major manufacturers worldwide in the last 30 years. I'm not a fanboi of any brand, and have had everything from Pintos to Porsches. I've had Toyotas and Hondas, Subarus, Suzukis, and Mazdas, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, BMWs, Audis, and VWs, Renaults, Fiats, MGs, Jaguars and Range Rovers and many more. I currently have two GM vehicles, the Suburban and the Volt, because both of them deliver what I wanted when I wanted it. Both of them are excellent at what they do and it's obvious that the teams working on them took extra effort to deliver them. The GMT900 Suburban is an excellent heavy duty truck that will last a long time and deliver a serious workhorse job. The Volt is well made, technologically advanced, and delivers exactly what it promises: gasoline free daily driving with the ability to do extended road trips at a moments notice with no change in infrastructure. I resent the implication that I bought either of them because I'm ignorant. That attitude itself is ignorant.
Put your big girl panties on and get over it. No one implied YOU bought your cars because of ignorance. You've had other cars. You've seen their quality and their pluses and minuses.

Eddie1278 on the other hand is a blind loyalist who has never tried another brand and has no clue what he's talking about. You have to have experience with other makes and models before you can form a comparative opinion as to what the better car is. My mother had a Lincoln Towncar when I was in my early teens. I thought that was the epitome of luxury... then I got a BMW and realized how shabby the Towncar was in comparison.

I've posted many times that we have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I have it for the same reason you have your cars... it does what I need it to do. But you also don't see me saying it's the best SUV in the world and I'm going to buy Jeep products for the rest of my life, because it certainly is NOT the best SUV in the world, much less our garage.

It's perfectly acceptable to be a brand loyalist... so long as you are realistic about what you own. Most people at least have owned several cars from different manufacturers before settling on a brand they like best. People who like "Brand A" just because it's "Brand A" aren't very discerning or intelligent people in my book. But like I said, ignorance is bliss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive