Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 12:55 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,286,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove anymore? You're just spouting off **** and wikipedia links about things that have nothing to do with the subject.

You're right. A LS1 Trans Am will run the same Nurburgring laptimes as a 2014 Z28 because well... Camaro.

They probably think you are a wealth of information at your monthly Corvette club meetings, eh?
No no, now that you've been proven wrong don't change the subject. The 427 has been around since 99, and is, and always will be based on the LS1. Therefore, the 4th Gen, and 5th gen share the same engine design. An LS7 will bolt directly into my 04 in place of my LS1. It is in fact not zilch as you attempted to suggest.

This is not if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, just baffle them with bullschitt.

For the rest, your welcome for the LS lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 12:57 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
2005 is great and all but they stopped making Gen 4 Camaros in 2002. What you see here folks is a man who is so horribly confused not only about individual vehicles but also their drive trains yet refuses to admit that maybe it’s time to put down the keyboard, take a breather and rejoin this discussion as a good student rather than a bad teacher.
LOL That's pretty accurate.

Quote:
You're right. A LS1 Trans Am will run the same Nurburgring laptimes as a 2014 Z28 because well... Camaro.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:00 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
and always will be based on the LS1. Therefore, the 4th Gen, and 5th gen share the same engine design. An LS7 will bolt directly into my 04 in place of my LS1. It is in fact not zilch as you attempted to suggest.

That doesn't mean anything. The 5.0 Coyote will bolt right into a fox body, does that mean those two motors are the same? Just because they have the same displacement doesn't mean they share the same components

Old 03-04-2014, 01:07 PM

556 posts, read 1,227,762 times
Quote:
No no, now that you've been proven wrong don't change the subject. The 427 has been around since 99, and is, and always will be based on the LS1. Therefore, the 4th Gen, and 5th gen share the same engine design. An LS7 will bolt directly into my 04 in place of my LS1. It is in fact not zilch as you attempted to suggest.

This is not if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, just baffle them with bullschitt.

For the rest, your welcome for the LS lesson.
I don't see how I've been proven wrong but ok. A bored out LS1 block that Katech designed for the C5R racing program is certainly not the same as the factory spec LS7.

The 4th and 5th gen share engine families but not engines. I bet there are under 5 part numbers shared between the LS1 and LS3/LS7 and that's including front accessories.

A LS7 would physically fit correct, but you act like it's plug and play. Your LS1 ECM would puke with the LS7's 58x reluctor wheel, would either need to swap to a 24x or buy the lingenfelter adapter kit, knock sensors are different etc. Oh and then you either need to convert it to wet sump or hack together a custom dry sump setup for your car.

I still don't see how any of this has to do with comparing a 4th gen f-bucket and a 5th gen Z28 around the ring.

You're* welcome.

Last edited by SK360; 03-04-2014 at 01:25 PM..

Old 03-04-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I don't see how I've been proven wrong but ok. A bored out LS1 block that Katech designed for the C5R racing program is certainly not the same as the factory spec LS7.

The 4th and 5th gen share engine families but not engines. I bet there are under 5 part numbers shared between the LS1 and LS3/LS7 and that's including front accessories.

A LS7 would physically fit correct, but you act like it's plug and play. Your LS1 ECM would puke with the LS7's 58x reluctor wheel, would either need to swap to a 24x or buy the lingenfelter adapter kit, knock sensors are different etc. Oh and then you either need to convert it to wet sump or hack together a custom dry sump setup for your car.

I still don't see how any of this has to do with comparing a 4th gen f-bucket and a 5th gen Z28 around the ring.

You're* welcome.
These reluctor rings are changed all the time and there's threads everywhere about doing this. Reflash of the pcm is simple, and I may know a little about this too.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...5r-vs-ls7.html

And you never will see, because you're incapable of objectivity, but it least now you know that they do share, and the F-body was always, and still is a great car. From the 67 6 cylinder I had to the 2000 SS.

Here we are on 17 mile drive in Monterey, CA. The car had about 30,000 miles when I traded it.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
That doesn't mean anything. The 5.0 Coyote will bolt right into a fox body, does that mean those two motors are the same? Just because they have the same displacement doesn't mean they share the same components
I honestly don't know much about the Coyote, but have read a little. The Chevrolet gen 1 and 2 small block share the same block, and the gen 3 and 4 do also. The revisions between the generations where limited.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
These reluctor rings are changed all the time and there's threads everywhere about doing this. Reflash of the pcm is simple, and I may know a little about this too.

C5R vs LS7 - LS1TECH

And you never will see, because you're incapable of objectivity, but it least now you know that they do share, and the F-body was always, and still is a great car. From the 67 6 cylinder I had to the 2000 SS.

Here we are on 17 mile drive in Monterey, CA. The car had about 30,000 miles when I traded it.
Right. Pull the crank on your "drop in/same" motor.

You win like I said earlier. 2014 Z28 and a 1998 Fbucket will be side by side on the track. The terrible suspension and 10bolt SRA in the F bucket plus being down 160+hp/tq won't slow it down at all.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:31 PM

255 posts, read 660,087 times
I will add this, an LS7 swap into a 4th gen F-Body is going to be much more straight forward and easier than a Coyote 5.0 into a Fox.

The displacement of the coyote is 5.0l, true, but the physical dimensions are much larger than the original 5.0 in the fox.

I will also admit, I have not followed the coyote all too closely. I'm sure somebody out there has already done a coyote/fox swap, but I would have to imagine there's more fabrication involved than an LS7 into an LS1 car.

But regardless, why spend all that money on an LS7 crate, when you can get a 5.3/6.0 out of a JY for next to nothing, and build the holy hell out of it for cheaper.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:37 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
Four facts about MrWilly:

1) He consistently changes the topic of discussion, particularly when he's obviously wrong.
2) He will insult you
3) He is as biased as its gets (i.e. no objectivity)
4) He will definitely accuse you of the first three.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb19 View Post
I will add this, an LS7 swap into a 4th gen F-Body is going to be much more straight forward and easier than a Coyote 5.0 into a Fox.

The displacement of the coyote is 5.0l, true, but the physical dimensions are much larger than the original 5.0 in the fox.

I will also admit, I have not followed the coyote all too closely. I'm sure somebody out there has already done a coyote/fox swap, but I would have to imagine there's more fabrication involved than an LS7 into an LS1 car.

But regardless, why spend all that money on an LS7 crate, when you can get a 5.3/6.0 out of a JY for next to nothing, and build the holy hell out of it for cheaper.
Because then this guy won't be able to stitch an LS7 patch on his Corvette jacket for the next meeting. I am on the JY5.3+20+Psi=win bandwagon hardcore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive