Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 05:40 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,875,378 times

Advertisements

My car has the dealership name on both the license plate holder and as a decal on the hatch. If I'd had an unpleasant experience with the dealership I would remove them, but I was thrilled with their treatment of me as a customer and I am happy to rep them around town! Yesterday I was sitting at a light and I noticed that the car in front of me was from the same dealership. It made me smile!

It also makes a difference that I don't find it unsightly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 07:48 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,851,257 times
WD-40 will remove any of those stick things.

I don't know how some get infuriated when they see anothers car with any of that on it. Make a car payment for them and they might remove it to appease you.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:58 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,678,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
a license plate holder is fine, but the way carmax and others taint the vehicle with that stick on nonsense...that shht need to come off before i leave the lot and it better not leave an imprint in the paint
Among all of the cars myself and my extended family have bought over the years, 5 came from Carmax. Their "Carmax" decals were the easiest of all dealers to remove. They were literally just stickers.

On the other hand the "Ancira" on the back of my wife's Camaro (for Ancira Chevrolet) is damn near welded on. That thing isnt coming off even with a jackhammer.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:18 AM

3,254 posts, read 2,086,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Why do some car dealerships brand their cars?

What i mean is that they will stick their dealership name onto cars like "Doug Chevrolet" or Rick Case Honda. It looks ugly to me and a lot of times you cant take it off very easily.
It's free advertising for the dealer. Same thing with the letters affixed on most vehicles that denote the make, model, style, and engine selection on any given vehicle, which are manufacturer advertisements.

Tell the dealer you don't want any stickers/other aftermarket insignia on the car that you're paying for (unless you've requested something custom), though of course be polite about it. Replace the license plate frame yourself or bring one with you to be swapped during the finalization of your purchase. There usually aren't any problems with these requests being accommodated.

I don't like the stickers and other dealership insignia personally. It should by my choice to opt for that (or not). As a small business owner, I don't get to mandate without consent that my clientele openly advertise (for free, no less) on my behalf. Auto dealerships shouldn't feel free to take such liberty either.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:17 AM

806 posts, read 870,295 times
I've never had any problems removing dealer stickers , etc. I won't advertise for any of them regardless of how I was treated .

Old 03-08-2014, 08:28 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,642,947 times
You think that's bad, I actually know guys who pay twenty bucks for baseball caps with corporate logos on them. (And wear them backwards.)

Or, who post messages in this forum with a plug for their device at the bottom of the message. As in "Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk". If I were the Admin here, I would automatically delete all forum posts that had such blatant commercial advertising messages appended to them and ban the users, as clear violations of the TOS.

Device users can go to 'advanced' tab and set 'tapatalk signature' on [disable]. And should be banned from forums for failing to do so.

Last edited by jtur88; 03-08-2014 at 09:21 AM..

Old 03-08-2014, 11:06 AM

317 posts, read 744,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You think that's bad, I actually know guys who pay twenty bucks for baseball caps with corporate logos on them. (And wear them backwards.)

Or, who post messages in this forum with a plug for their device at the bottom of the message. As in "Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk". If I were the Admin here, I would automatically delete all forum posts that had such blatant commercial advertising messages appended to them and ban the users, as clear violations of the TOS.

Device users can go to 'advanced' tab and set 'tapatalk signature' on [disable]. And should be banned from forums for failing to do so.
^^^ This -I agree!

I also remove dealer and manufacture ID off

Old 03-08-2014, 11:29 AM

16,562 posts, read 17,330,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

I agree.

Sent from my computer tower that was on a New Year Special.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:41 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,391,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDrenter223 View Post
You'd be surprised at how few people have screwdrivers.

My neighbor had his plates on the wrong ends of his car and was trying to use a dime to turn a Philips head screw. I brought him down a screw driver (the jerk thought I was going to do it was well and was taken aback when I handed him the screwdriver).
smh

Old 03-08-2014, 01:50 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,896,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Why do some car dealerships brand their cars? What i mean is that they will stick their dealership name onto cars like "Doug Chevrolet" or Rick Case Honda. It looks ugly to me and a lot of times you cant take it off very easily.
Simple solution, if they don't take it off, don't buy it.

Or; make them pay you an ad fee, something small like a dollar every time you drive on a public road. If enough people do that they'll get the message pretty quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive