Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 07:38 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Will non-specialty Mustangs command any premium over sticker? They're such a common vehicle.
I seriously doubt it. A few dealers might try it when the first models hit the lot because some poeple need to be the first one in town to own one, but that hype will be gone when the second unit hits the lot.

On the other side of the coin, though, the incentives get better the closer we get to the following model year, so if there's still inventory available in June or July of next year you will probably get a better deal. Given that it's the first year they may sell out, so waiting until the end of the second year of production might net you a better deal. This would also give Ford a chance to work out the bugs of the new design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 08:52 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,144,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersion View Post
I would highly recommend against buying the first model year of any new car.
^^This. NEVER buy the first model year of a car. I always wait until at least the second or possibly the third so they can get the kinks worked out of it. By the 4th year they are trying "new features" and by the 5th or 6th they are working on the next "New Model" and trying some new model styling on the old model.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,176 times
As with most things, I never buy the first offering.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:42 PM

3 posts, read 5,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
My wife and I looked at a Chrysler 300 in 04-05 when they were new. She wanted it I personally didn't but she would be driving it not me) they had a bare bones model with. The smallest v6 and the base model. That was all they had on the lot. They were asking 12k OVER sticker. When I asked why the 12k premium the guy simply said just premium pricing. Lol I just laughed and said no thank you. 6 months later they were giving rebates cause they couldn't unload the overstock. I would never pay sticker much less over sticker for a car.
Wait till the demand subsides. Unless you're a attention ***** gotta have the latest greatest before the neighbor does.
For me it's not about having the latest and greatest, the only reason I would consider buying it right when it comes out is because the transmission on my current car is shot. The cost to replace it is $1000 more than what the car is even worth. I'm not sure how long the transmission will hold out but hopefully it will be long enough for prices on the 2015 Mustang to settle.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:15 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
I have the first model year of the current mustang 5.0 when it came out in 2011, and so far so good. No issues to date, still a blast to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive