Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 05:45 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,930,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You see a woman engaged road rage. I see a woman doing nothing more provocative than maintaining her speed while passing other traffic on a non-limited-access divided highway. While it would have been ideal for her to step up her pace a little bit to affect the pass quicker, she was not obligated to. Her driving behavior, while not ideal, was still reasonable and not "improper" in any way that I can see. It should tell you something that the other driver was arrested while she wasn't even issued a citation; and while not dispositive, it would probably also say something to a judge hearing a lawsuit trying to pin at least part of the blame on her in your hypothetical scenario.
Again.. I will put you in the situation.

If you were the one with your family in front of that truck. Would done what she did? We don't know the details of what when on when they were next to each other so I am not going to guess but would you have done what she did? Common sense would say NO but then again.. it would make sense if you say YES.

If that is the case, no further discussion needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 05:47 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,930,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
She wasn't doing anything wrong just driving in a straight line... she wasn't speeding, weaving in and out of traffic and tailgating.

If people are that impatient to the point where they expect everyone to clear the road just for them than they should start waking up a little earlier so they are not always in a rush.
It doesn't work that way.... just because the person starts earlier doesn't mean s/he isn't pissed off at another driver that happens to be in front of them. There are aggressive drivers out there that feels they own the roads. Best one can do is avoid being around them for a long period of time. Easier said then done...

Last edited by sj08054; 04-01-2014 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: .

Old 04-01-2014, 05:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
Again.. I will put you in the situation.

If you were the one with your family in front of that truck. Would done what she did? We don't know the details of what when on when they were next to each other so I am not going to guess but would you have done what she did? Common sense would say NO but then again.. it would make sense if you say YES.

If that is the case, no further discussion needed.
As I've already said more than once if you'd bother read, the ideal course of action would have been for her to speed it up a bit to get around the truck she was passing sooner. But again, we are not required to be ideal drivers; we're only required to be reasonable drivers who reasonably obey the law, which she was.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:58 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Have to share this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8062QEFk5g

Old 04-01-2014, 06:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Shooting video at 60 MPH, with only one hand on the wheel, while being tailgated by a lunatic, is hardly being a reasonable driver. Is it? Both of them should lose their licenses for a couple years or so. I for one do not want to be on the road w/ people who drive like this.

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
It's clear she's not trying to pass anybody. At the very beginning she is almost parallel with the small flatbed truck. The rear wheels of the flatbed keep appearing and disappearing from the field of view indicating she is carelessly impeding and preventing the pick up from passing her on the right.
Would you please actually watch the video, before you comment on it. At 00:48 she overtakes the flatbed. That truck disappears into the background. Then at 01:02 they pass another truck with a load on the back. The tailgater then immediately switches lanes, and cuts that vehicle off.

Passing vehicles on the left while traveling over the speed limit does not constitute impeding traffic.

1,242 posts, read 3,480,173 times
It's not hard to "play" the laws to **** someone off. "I'm doing the speed limit so who cares". This is what she did. She intentionally maintains her speeds and lane and recorded it to **** him off. Then she laughs at it. This can be be part of aggressive driving laws. Her actions showed she didn't care about anyone else on that highway!

Old 04-01-2014, 06:06 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post

Both are equally responsible. Both could have prevented this outcome.
You don't say!

Old 04-01-2014, 06:09 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Lol, go the speed limit and people still get p.ssed at you

Old 04-01-2014, 06:09 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I don't doubt for one second that he would of beat the **** out of her if she stopped and went back to the scene. I feel no sorrow for road raging bullies like that jerk.
Thats a good bet. The guy has a previous arrest record for battery and disorderly conduct. She is lucky he crashed, before he could do her harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive