Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times

Advertisements

That does look quite a bit better than the real GTR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 11:10 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times

It has an almost RX7 slant to it... I'm so close to pulling the trigger on buying Godzilla, and then I see this.... damn it, I gotta wait till they clean up the rear end. It's bugging the crap outta me (styling)

Old 04-04-2014, 11:53 AM

600 posts, read 659,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I can respect what the engineers have done with the car. I think it's amazing how good it handles and feels considering its weight.

The styling... has never clicked with me. But, I was never a fan really of the old versions either. They were ok. Cars like the Supra, 3000GT, 300ZX, NSX, and 3rd gen RX7 looked infinitely better to me than the old Skylines.

I think it's the background of the car that has put me off a bit. The previous Skylines were not available here, and because of that, they were seen as mysterious and more desirable. They were exotic. Now though, if you want a GTR, you trot on down to your local Nissan dealership and have them order you one while you sit in a chair right next to the bland, boring Altima on the showroom floor behind you. It's lost the brand cachet that the older Skylines had, definitely.

The GTR needed to stir the soul in addition to kicking ass, unfortunately. And most people who have spent a lot of time in a GTR say it doesn't do that. It's one of those intangible things that is hard to measure. A Lamborghini Countach has it. A Porsche 930 turbo has it. The GTR just doesn't.

yea, 'intangible things', like elitism or nostalgia based on nebulous mechanical pedigree and/or snobbery!

get over it...

Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
yea, 'intangible things', like elitism or nostalgia based on nebulous mechanical pedigree and/or snobbery!

get over it...
I don't have to, I just won't buy one.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 PM

819 posts, read 1,409,353 times
I'm not a fan of that GT-R concept. The front end reminds me of those snow plow front ends you see ricers putting on their 'souped up' Mitsu Eclipses, the side front looks lifted right off the stingray, the rear looks lifted right off the Lexus LF-A concept (not what ended up being produced). The wheels; well, already have those on my '12 black series. I love the way it looks in current form; it's very nondescript yet beneath the surface lurks a beast. In contrast, I have two Lamborghini's that other than top speed are slower than my GT-R in every way and they just scream out hey look at me, I'm an exotic car that is not that fast lol.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:11 PM

Yes the concept drawn here is certainly more of an attention getter. It's a personal taste thing, but I just hate the rear end on the current model.. Maybe if I just sent it off to Calloway or somewhere to have the rear end changed? Do you know of anywhere that is offering rear end swaps on the current GT-R?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Yes the concept drawn here is certainly more of an attention getter. It's a personal taste thing, but I just hate the rear end on the current model.. Maybe if I just sent it off to Calloway or somewhere to have the rear end changed? Do you know of anywhere that is offering rear end swaps on the current GT-R?
I'm sure Jotech can hook you up with something, or do something custom for you.

Jotech Motorsports

Old 04-04-2014, 12:21 PM

600 posts, read 659,997 times
Quote:
I don't have to, I just won't buy one.
OH NO!

how will Nissan ever survive

Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I'm sure Jotech can hook you up with something, or do something custom for you.

Jotech Motorsports
Nice link thanks, I'll give them a call..

Old 04-04-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
OH NO!

how will Nissan ever survive
I'm sure they'll do just fine. You on the other hand... seem to have issues with peoples taste in vehicles.

Should probably get some help for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive