Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 03:53 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
I goofed again; it is the Lexus ES300 with which the Avalon shares its platform and not the Camry.
I seem to always goof. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeGuy View Post
That is an interesting move by Toyota, I saw an XLE near me for $26.5k, I was wondering how it would compare to a Camry V6 that cost $26.5k. I would imagine a V6 Camry priced out at $26.5 would have Navigation.
Yeah, it sure is. The lowest I have seen our XLE's is $30,000 or so. They were offering $4K off of the remaining '13 models, which would have made a base XLE around $28K, but they are all gone. One local dealer has one black '13 Avalon left, but it is a Limited and still $36K! I think a V6 Camry XLE with nav stickers close to $32K or so. I wanted an XLE with cloth, with optional nav and that was around $26K with discount, but they are almost impossible to find. Another local dealer has an XLE hybrid that is a '14, with $4K off. I imagine they will start offering $4K off of the new '14 Avalons in a few months.

Well I went and test drove a '14 Accord EX today. It had cloth an no nav of course. I just wanted to get the feel of the car, the seats, ride, etc. The salesman let me take off in the car by myself, didn't even ask to see my I.D. lol. I really loved the car, it was so smooth and comfortable, but this one seemed to have some wind noise coming in around the B-Pillar that I could hear when I turned off the A/C and radio. I guess it was so quiet otherwise, that sound was more pronounced. I would be as happy with an LX I think. The EX is about $3000 more and the only difference is the smart key entry, nicer alloy wheels, sunroof and "lane-watch" which is pretty neat.... I just don't know if these features are $3K neat. lol.

Still have to drive Camry, Malibu, Fusion and Passat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 PM

On the other hand, I was just quoted $26,200 for a '14 Altima SL with the technology package... this was the top of the line, loaded to the maximum. That seems like a good price for an SL.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:13 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
On the other hand, I was just quoted $26,200 for a '14 Altima SL with the technology package... this was the top of the line, loaded to the maximum. That seems like a good price for an SL.
How many years do you plan to keep this next car?

Old 04-24-2014, 07:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times
If you can keep your Civic 2-3 years, you can get a new remodeled Camry or Accord.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
How many years do you plan to keep this next car?
Probably several years... at least 5-7 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
If you can keep your Civic 2-3 years, you can get a new remodeled Camry or Accord.
Yeah. Well the new Camry is coming out in '15. Not sure about the new Accord since it just came out a last year. I like the current models of each of these and if I put more miles on my Civic, the value will do down and I may not be able to afford a new car then, so if I do it I better do it now. lol.

Also, there is an all-new '15 Subaru Legacy and '15 Hyundai Sonata on the way.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:55 AM

134 posts, read 472,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
! I think a V6 Camry XLE with nav stickers close to $32K or so. I wanted an XLE with cloth, with optional nav and that was around $26K with discount, but they are almost impossible to find.
I wasn't aware XLE had cloth seats. Are you referring to cloth insert in the middle? I thought all Camrys came with pleather bolstering on the side and an insert of different material.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I wasn't aware XLE had cloth seats. Are you referring to cloth insert in the middle? I thought all Camrys came with pleather bolstering on the side and an insert of different material.
Yep, I wasn't aware either until I did some research. I know the interior you think I may be referring to, but no, this one is all cloth. Cloth interior (though rare) was standard on '14 Camry XLE - leather interior was an option (at least around here). Below is a pic from the "build your own" Camry XLE on the Toyota website. Also, cloth interior is standard on the '14 Accord EX.

I could not get all of them in the screen, but this was the cheapest package where you could add leather. There are more option packages that add the leather as well, but they go higher in price.

** Well to update, I went and tested out a new Chevy Malibu and a new Chevy Impala today. The Malibu I tested was a '13 (it was the only one they could easily get out, because the others were blocked in by Chevy Cruzes). I tested a Malibu LT1 and really loved it. It was comfortable and I loved the Chevy Mylink system it had.

I also tested out a '14 Impala "LT2" and an "LS1". The LT2 was a nice car, but its Mylink system didn't seem to have as many features as the Malibu LT had. The LS1 Impala had a 4-cylinder, but it was pretty peppy, but it lacked on some features. It had the optional reverse sensing system, but no back up camera, which is unacceptable for a $27,500 full-size sedan. Also, I thought that the Malibu rode as smoothly as the Impala.

So far, my two favorites are the Altima and Malibu.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:46 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
Let us know which cars are the smoothest, quietest riding, and has the best interior quality, build, materials all that please.

PS: Make sure you grab, tug, feel up on, and tap on every interior surface panel, and pieces, because you want to be able to at least project how long those materials will hold up in time. I am being serious too.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 PM

861 posts, read 1,336,181 times
This has to be the longest indecision I've ever seen.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
Let us know which cars are the smoothest, quietest riding, and has the best interior quality, build, materials all that please.

PS: Make sure you grab, tug, feel up on, and tap on every interior surface panel, and pieces, because you want to be able to at least project how long those materials will hold up in time. I am being serious too.

Thanks
I sure will. I have been taking note of all of these things, as it is quite important to me. So far, all have been well assembled cars, with good interior material quality. The Malibu was a big surprise, it has a lot of soft touch materials and has a smooth quiet ride. I didn't feel around too much in the Altima, I was in a rush that day, but it looked to be well assembled as well and was very quiet. The Accord was good as well, but it had that wind noise I heard at my ear at the b-pillar, but it may have been confined to that one car. The Impala was well assembled as well and very quiet.

One thing about the Accord that I dislike that I also dislike on my Civic is the placement of the fuel and trunk opener. It is down on the driver floor and in an area that gets soiled from dirt falling from your shoes. As someone with "ocd", I do not like that at all. I do not think the Altima or Malibu have it located in this area.

I will report more after I drive the Camry, Passat and Verano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
This has to be the longest indecision I've ever seen.
lol, yeah, well it has been about 12 days. Before I "won" the car I am trading in, I was searching for about 6 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive