Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:02 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerio View Post
In the city of Chicago, at least, I have gotten several tickets through the red-light or turning-on-a-red cameras, maybe two or three so far. I may be getting one for speeding too, which is electronically controlled on certain streets. I am not sure. Anyway, once for me...
I've never gotten one of those either. But then, I don't regularly drive where there are red light cameras or speed cameras either. When I worked in Delaware, my commute to work would involve going through anywhere from 1 to 4 red light cameras (depending on which roads I would take on any particular day). I hate, hate, hate red light cameras and speed cameras. They are a particularly odious and distasteful manifestation of the times we live in of automation and machines taking over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 PM

147 posts, read 215,519 times
I have been driving for 15 years and have been pulled over around 14 times. Never had a ticket but had 7+ warnings for speeding, expired tags once, expired inspection a couple times, incomplete stop twice and DUI checks a couple times. The cops always feel bad and don't want to take points off my license. And I did actually cry once when caught going 51 in a 25mph zone. Now I mostly go the speed limit and obey the rules of the road.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
In my 40's probably 5-7 times since I began driving at 16.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:52 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I've never gotten one of those either. But then, I don't regularly drive where there are red light cameras or speed cameras either. When I worked in Delaware, my commute to work would involve going through anywhere from 1 to 4 red light cameras (depending on which roads I would take on any particular day). I hate, hate, hate red light cameras and speed cameras. They are a particularly odious and distasteful manifestation of the times we live in of automation and machines taking over.
Tell me about it. We have lots of red light cameras set up here in CNJ for providing revenue .

Old 05-08-2014, 05:33 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times
1. Age 19, was falling asleep at the wheel and was speeding
2. Age 25, was traveling with a loaded trunk and he used the lame excuse of me speeding to inspect my trunk. Wasn't speeding, had cruise control locked in.
3. Age 25, caught speeding in another state. It was during a construction period. They had trash bags over the old signs. One of the bags had blown off. Wasn't going back to another state to fight it.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:13 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
4 Times..

2x when 17 and just had my license... turned left onto what was a Bus Lane Only from 4-6..ticket
Speeding on Highway 75 in a 65... Ticket

Red turn signals... Was pulled over by 4 cruisers around midnight.. just a warning.

Window Tint- Registered in Ohio.. pulled over in PA.. warning.

Haven't been pulled over in about 9 years.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:07 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Come to think of it, I've never even been pulled over in a vehicle as either a driver or passenger in my life. Unless perhaps I was in the car and my parents were pulled over but I was too young to remember. But still, hasn't happened to my knowledge.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:13 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,499,104 times
Ahh man. More times than I can count. If I had to guess I would say...probably about 25-30 times. I have gotten a total of 3 tickets. This is all over the course of 7 years...got my license in 2007.

First ticket was creating the risk of an accident because I went and passed someone on the right when the lane was fixin' to end. Okay yeah deserved that one it was pretty dickish. 2nd was speeding 64 in a 55. 3rd was just taken care of today, illegally crossing a traffic control device+failure to carry valid license.

Pulled over so many times, though. One time I was late for class and was on the highway behind a left lane hog so I got up on his ass, and here comes this cop getting right on my ass and pulls me over...didn't have my license on me at that time, either. Got a warning. Got pulled another time for going 55 in a 35. Somehow managed to get a warning...but I was very respectful and joked with him a bit so I think that helped...

Most BS pull was when I lived in the hood. It was the projects. I am a scrawny white dude. Totally black neighborhood literally I was the only white guy in the projects. I was pulling out at midnight to go to my buddies house. Came to a complete stop, used my blinker, still got pulled. His reasoning was the light that's supposed to illuminate my license plate was out (it was) what kind of BS excuse is that? Then he said I was "acting nervous and fidgety"....mutha****a, it's 20 degrees outside and I got shorts on. I'm cold. But he still had his little K9 go and scratch my car and ****. I know why he did it...white guy comin' out the hood at midnight prolly just bought some powder or something. Luckily I didn't have my ganj on me that time I usually do lol. Yeah. Warning for thar. Stupid.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:05 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Other drivers told me they would tell the police they "forgot their license at home that day" and would sometimes get cited for that rather than speeding, today that would probably get someone arrested.
Why would people get arrested for that? They're still the same person with the same abilities whether they left their license at home or not. They could give their driver's license ID # to the officer & he could look it up in his system to verify. I just don't see why one would get arrested when they still have the license that they EARNED, albeit not readily available since they left it at home.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
3 times.

Once for speeding

Once for no good reason, thought I had drugs. Searched the whole car except the trunk they had me place my hands on. (that's where the drugs were, suckers lol)

Once for driving through a small town in the middle of the night on a Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive