Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 02:07 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSuarez View Post
I have now owned a 09 Hummer H3 for 5 years and it is an absolute dream that I will keep forever.
I've heard those are always in the shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 04:48 PM

431 posts, read 446,537 times
I think I might have to go with the Jeep Grand Cherokee...a 2011-2013 model. I really love these things...

Old 05-04-2014, 06:34 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg31816 View Post
I think I might have to go with the Jeep Grand Cherokee...a 2011-2013 model. I really love these things...
I had a 2012 Grand Cherokee and traded it in for a Chevrolet Equinox, because the Grand Cherokee had poor gas mileage. The Equnox is a much better SUV. Better gas Milage, larger interior space and is super quiet inside compared to the Grand Cherokee. I highly recommend a test drive, before you make your final decision.

Last edited by dorado0359; 05-04-2014 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I had a 2012 Grand Cherokee and traded it in for a Chevrolet Equinox, because the Grand Cherokee had poor gas mileage. The Equnox is a much better SUV. Better gas Milage, larger interior space and is super quiet inside compared to the Grand Cherokee. I highly recommend a test drive, before you make your final decision.
Details please. The GC is considered a better vehicle in every single way... by just about everyone. The Equinox doesn't even have a V8 available, only an I4 and the V6. If you're trying to making an argument that it gets better gas mileage and you're not comparing the same type of powerplants, that's pretty misleading.

I also doubt the Eq has more interior space. It's a crossover, and the exterior dimensions are slightly smaller than the GC.

Quieter? Probably... An inline 4 or V6 isn't going to be as loud as a V8, and the tires for the Jeep are dual use for offroad and on-road... They're going to be louder than the passenger tires on the Eq. Not a fair comparison either.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:28 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Details please. The GC is considered a better vehicle in every single way... by just about everyone. The Equinox doesn't even have a V8 available, only an I4 and the V6. If you're trying to making an argument that it gets better gas mileage and you're not comparing the same type of powerplants, that's pretty misleading.

I also doubt the Eq has more interior space. It's a crossover, and the exterior dimensions are slightly smaller than the GC.

Quieter? Probably... An inline 4 or V6 isn't going to be as loud as a V8, and the tires for the Jeep are dual use for offroad and on-road... They're going to be louder than the passenger tires on the Eq. Not a fair comparison either.
Pleas keep in mind, I am not referring to the new Grand Cherokee. The Grand Cherokee I owned was the last year of the old body style. The interior of that particular model was cramped, there was excessive interior wind noise and the ride was not smooth at all. Read the reviews of the 2010-2012 Grand Cherokee and they will affirm my opinion. The Previous generation GC was one of the worst rated SUVs in terms of gas milage, comfort and handling. And no, I am not trying to bash the older model Grand Cherokee, because I was quite pleased overall. However, compared to the Equinox I purchased to replace it...the Equinox is a better SUV.

Last edited by dorado0359; 05-04-2014 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 PM

431 posts, read 446,537 times
No Equinox for me...my two aunts and cousins all have one.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:41 AM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg31816 View Post
Really? It looks much lower to the ground...
Yeah. If you're behind one on the road you can tell how much higher it is.

Compare the 2014 Forester vs CR-v, Rav4, and Nissan Rogue and see competitive advantages

Old 05-05-2014, 10:33 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
So you're saying that an American who belongs to a labor union is less qualified than an American who is not? You claim Toyota is superior simply because they're made non union vs union? Honestly, I think your bias has blinded common sense to say any American worker is inferior due to a political bias. Had you studied any history you would know your ideals are somewhat new. Also, Jeep sales figures would prove your claims unfounded also. It is to bad some get so sucked in to a single ideal that it clouds objectivity.

Toyota does produce some fine cars both here and across the world. However, so do the other manufacturers whether they belong to a union or not. You might want to look up definition of bigot, because singling out people based on being in a labor union qualifies if I'm not mistaken. Are police, and firefighters evil too?

Apparently you CAN'T read OR comprehend so you let your FEELINGS get in the way. No, I never mentioned that an American who belongs to a labor union is less qualified than American who is not? Never intoned it either. What I DID say is that the QUALITY of a Toyota (Any of their products) is vastly superior to American autos. Period. I'll stand behind that and apparently, so will the buying statistics. They simply make a better product in my mind and this is after nearly 40 years of purchasing.

I've NEVER been disappointed in my Toyota cars. I HAVE been extremely disappointed in the US products and I've tried 3 TIMES to give them "another chance". What I wouldn't give to have been able to make THOSE decisions over again....tragic.

Between the 87 Formula Firebird that had to be re-painted when NEW, and the continual glazing of brakes Ford/Mercury could not fix on the 92 Cougar, and the 2003 Venture van that fell apart after 65,000 miles (I literally RAN to a Toyota dealer and traded that in our current 2008 Sienna...best decision I could have made and we have yet to have any trouble from it in 80,000 miles...and counting).....to the 2004 Quad Cab that had a short in the wiring harness when the emergency brake was applied, AC flaps went out in 70,000 miles, and get this, power steering hoses leaked at 38,000.....and the 2001 F-150 Ford that continues to evoke problems that nooooo one can quite figure out to include the AC, Heater, and rear end....yes, the rear end.

So, like Vince Vaughn in Wedding Crashers....watch me take my wallet on down the road here sport.....this is me saying to US Automakers, adios! Toyota and maybe Honda....period.

Maybe if you and your union buddies realized that the company was not built for them and that as you can see, continue to make crap and downsizing will continue for the foreseeable future. The more we can automate those lines and get the humans out of it, the better chance GM, Ford, and Chrysler will have of surviving.....

Might want to save this for all those expending their sick leave as vacation, 6 weeks off deserved or otherwise, and those continuing to produce mediocrity.....maybe if you paid attention to the details, new car owners would have less issues at the dealer? Just saying. That or, have you guys actually pay for part of your medical care (Dare I say that!!!) and the company can actually start sourcing quality components with the savings?

Kill the pensions, hire new, and watch the quality go up from a guy who needs a job versus one trying to hold the company hostage while performing one.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
Just put him on ignore Caleb. I've no idea why some moderator hasn't banned this clown yet, they're slacking on the job.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:19 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Just put him on ignore Caleb. I've no idea why some moderator hasn't banned this clown yet, they're slacking on the job.
The evidence is empirical at this point. Toyota has had a steady, 30 year ascension to the throne with her bride, Honda. There is no disputing it. Take any new Ford, Chevy, Chrysler and put it next to a new Accord or Camry.....start to look at the fit, finish both outside and inside and under the hood.

There is no comparison. The misfits in Detroit continue to screw up design by insisting on gaudy touches like those found in the new Cadillac. 3 or 4 lights down the right and left front quarter panels....looks like someone found some bolt on lights at Wal-Mart and had at it....

All graced by an obnoxiously large Cadillac emblem or GM marker throughout.....like Continnental's "signature series"....wince......

They just can't make a clean line no matter how many times the Japs and Germans have shown them....they just caaaaaan't get it.....and god help the owner about 50,000 miles down the road!!! Squeak, rattle and roll.....almost like a tune......funneee transmission noises and smells, weird electrical problems....leaks no one can predict just where.....

If they had any decency, they would get a huge white flag and roll up to the American Toyota HQ and start waiving.....it's the decent thing to do. I'd say throw in Chrysler as well but, it's like your "special" child, you just can't pick on them too much or it will seem cruel....."the new 200"...what you mean after that 8 mile sound track and the failure of the first? Oh, THAT new 200.....yawn.....the 300....looks like something from Gotham City and Batman cartoons of the 60's....did anyone tell them it was just a show???

What it is.....that's the new theme for Chrysler....with purples, blossom reds, sure-to-fade-blacks and maroons (think PT Cruiser, the only car Sherill Hemphill would love).....yeah, wut it iz.......

And then, look back at the Accord and Camry and back to the latest Deetroit leaning garbage....sigh...when will they ever get it???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive