Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 04:22 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,656,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
I love when people ASSume.

I don't even have the Xbox right now or the game. I don't play that much, but I wanted to play because of the fond memories I had when I was younger. It has been over a year since I have played any gaming system.

Thanks though for the comment. I could listen to music, call someone, or play Halo. Luckily I live in America, and can do as I please. I'll put that comment where I put many assuming comments. In the trash.
I have some fond memories of playing video games but I hooked up a game in my home, not my car. I might turn it on a few times a month. Trying to hook it up to play during a 15 minute break at work sounds like an addiction instead of a case of nostalgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 04:40 PM

414 posts, read 930,993 times
You could play Halo on a decent sized tablet PC in your car...not something I would do, but this would be a helluva lot easier (and less expensive) than trying to rig up something more elaborate in your car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDXMrUuN6d8

Old 05-04-2014, 04:46 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I have some fond memories of playing video games but I hooked up a game in my home, not my car. I might turn it on a few times a month. Trying to hook it up to play during a 15 minute break at work sounds like an addiction instead of a case of nostalgia.
Why is it such a weird concept though. I work 10.5 hours a day let alone traveling. Im pretty much here as much as home. Doesn't it make sense to enjoy my life while I'm away as much as home?

Noone likes working...for the most part. What is the harm in trying to get through a day of work then a complete release of stress then to turn on the Xbox and enjoy mere 15 minutes of free time I get every few hours?

Some people watch YT or chat with co-workers or listen to music. Why is it such a weird concept that I want to relax and turn on the old Xbox. Too much happens at home with chores, kids if you have any and hanging out with the spouse to even play sometimes. If I'm going to be stuck here for 10.5 hours a day you better believe I'm going to enjoy my breaks to the fullest.

Like I said I like to think outside of the box.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:48 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
You could play Halo on a decent sized tablet PC in your car...not something I would do, but this would be a helluva lot easier (and less expensive) than trying to rig up something more elaborate in your car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDXMrUuN6d8
That would be ALOT easier, then you have to use a mouse or the keyboard. I hate playing games like that, maybe I'll try it out though. Thanks.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:11 PM

556 posts, read 946,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
That would be ALOT easier, then you have to use a mouse or the keyboard. I hate playing games like that, maybe I'll try it out though. Thanks.
You can buy USB Xbox controllers for PCs. Less than $50 at Best Buy.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:33 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Alright, I'll give you a different reason why you shouldn't. How much do you trust everyone at the company you work for and the people who live or pass through the area? If you do take your breaks in your vehicle playing video games, eventually the wrong person will see and make note of which one is your vehicle. If they know you have it locked away in the trunk, they will make an effort to steal it. When I go to work, the only thing visible in my car is my windshield screen and a travel umbrella. If I had an X-Bix gaming system set up in my car and some at work found out my car would be trashed.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,723,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Alright, I'll give you a different reason why you shouldn't. How much do you trust everyone at the company you work for and the people who live or pass through the area? If you do take your breaks in your vehicle playing video games, eventually the wrong person will see and make note of which one is your vehicle. If they know you have it locked away in the trunk, they will make an effort to steal it. When I go to work, the only thing visible in my car is my windshield screen and a travel umbrella. If I had an X-Bix gaming system set up in my car and some at work found out my car would be trashed.
He's talking Xbox, not xbox 360, not Xbox One, but x-xbox. If you're breaking car windows to grab one of those, you have severe coke problems and will likely not be functional enough to hold down a job with OP.

OP, I see merit in what you are trying to do. But let's just be honest here. You have a 15 minute break. In that 15 minutes, you have to walk to your car, start the xbox, start the game and also walk back to work. That's >5 minutes. So you're left with <10 minutes of play time. I don't know about you, but I don't know of any console game that I'd want to play for that short of time outside of a phone game. Your 30 minute break you would be better off, but even then, I couldn't go over 10.5 hours without eating so I'd be using my time for that.

If you really want to get nostalgic, I'd recommend going with a notebook, and an emulator. Then you can play whatever game you want for whatever system you want, and have faster load times, not worry about dealing with an inverter or an LCD screen and can just take it in to work and not leave in your car 24/7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive