Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,162,917 times

Advertisements

They are the best at killing their drivers.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:26 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,295,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
They are the best at killing their drivers.
Nope, Toyota holds this record with the faulty binary code accelerating away.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:58 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Nope, Toyota holds this record with the faulty binary code accelerating away.
One problem that was easily fixed... Whereas GM has had a whole list of cars with faults. They did nothing about the problem. Furthermore, there was a push to take those cars off the road. Can anyone say chevrolet cobalt? A **** poor car off the lot, along with ignition switches that cause fires?

While we are attempting to refresh the fanboys mind. How about those exploding fuel tanks on the 73 through 87 pickups? So 14 years of a fatal design flaw fleeing the memories of some? Ironic.

I will continue to drive my Toyota. My wife will continue to drive her Toyota. My mother in law will continue to drive her Toyotas. All of the Toyotas I've been around and drive are trouble free. Can't say that about the GMs I've owned in the past and current one parked in my driveway.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
One problem that was easily fixed... Whereas GM has had a whole list of cars with faults. They did nothing about the problem. Furthermore, there was a push to take those cars off the road. Can anyone say chevrolet cobalt? A **** poor car off the lot, along with ignition switches that cause fires?

While we are attempting to refresh the fanboys mind. How about those exploding fuel tanks on the 73 through 87 pickups? So 14 years of a fatal design flaw fleeing the memories of some? Ironic.

I will continue to drive my Toyota. My wife will continue to drive her Toyota. My mother in law will continue to drive her Toyotas. All of the Toyotas I've been around and drive are trouble free. Can't say that about the GMs I've owned in the past and current one parked in my driveway.
That's great to be brand loyal, and I hope it's not one of your family members affected by this largest recall in history. Hopefully, your cars not made in one of those plants that pay $9.50 an hour with no benefits. May be better than Walmart though.

Your GM gas tank claim was debunked right after the Pinto.

NBC go BOOM!

Old 05-14-2014, 08:23 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
GM knowingly let people die to save a buck.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:27 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
LOL

I love how MrWillys starts these GM/Murica! threads and then everyone picks apart his nonsense and makes him look foolish. This is only page 2

Old 05-14-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
LOL

I love how MrWillys starts these GM/Murica! threads and then everyone picks apart his nonsense and makes him look foolish. This is only page 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Henry 58 View Post
Hhmmmm. I'll point out a couple of pertinent facets here. It rather seems that "McKinney" appears to be prone to apples versus oranges comparisons , he also rather dances around cost factors. And of course natters on nonsensically as regards a form of competition he's never indulged in and a track that he has likely never seen or competed on.

The initial photos that brought [Mod cut] quibbling were of ***DRAGRACING*** cars , his response of course was to bring landspeed cars into the argument. These disciplines cross correlate ONLY within the fact that the vehicles are gasoline engine.

Setup as regards chassis along with engine build and drivetrain setup are completely different. Oh and McKinney , I work on 911 series Porsches for a living , and not for the street either.

[Mod cut]

See McKinney I am an actual competitor in several different motorsports disciplines , this include being an active SCTA member ( know what that is do ya?) running at El Mirage and Bonneville along with running at Goliad ( The Texas Mile) and Maxton.

The fastest car at the most recent Goliad meet ( March 21-23 2014) was 227.1 for Tim Siachitano's '03 911 Turbo.

The Mustang that I took to a 193.4 mile run I have less than 20 grand into as total outlay. And that's on a 306 inch motor. Now compare that to the buy in on the 013 GTR that sits in my garage as a toy , or if you wish compare that to the built twin turbo Lambo motors you're touting ( by the way I've laid eyes on BOTH of those Lambos , seen them eaten alive by two of Houstons fast Supras and a certain notorious twin Turbo 'vette too.)

In the end a motor is a motor is a motor , they are all essentially an air pump , regardless of the number of holes in the block , the more air ( carrying mixture of course) that goes through the more horsepower is made...........PERIOD.

As for dollar spent , the best bang for the buck economics wise are still the small block Chevy and small block Ford and the modular Ford motors.

So McKinney bring your Lambo that you claim can beat any American car under any circumstance and we'll do your Apples to Oranges on a **DRAG STRIP** , take your choice of running my '65 Belvedere with a 505 inch Wedge , or perhaps another of my Mustangs with a nice little 331 inch DSS motor puffed with a 106 mm Turbo , or should I yank out the fuel altered I've had for 20 plus years that in current form finishes the 1/4 mile at 220mph plus.

[Mod cut]
Kind of funny huh!

Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 PM

13 posts, read 12,202 times
I totally agree with you . I have worked in an organization which does the engineering bit for GM and I must say they are the best OEMs in the Design & Safety dept and the engineering is impeccable leaving zero percent margin for error.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:04 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Be careful folks! GM is nearing 7 million recalls in 2014 alone and we're not even halfway through the year yet. If you value your life, your family and those around you, please don't buy GM! If not for yourself, then please do it for Jesus (only if you want to go to heaven of course )!

Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
That's great to be brand loyal, and I hope it's not one of your family members affected by this largest recall in history. Hopefully, your cars not made in one of those plants that pay $9.50 an hour with no benefits. May be better than Walmart though.

Your GM gas tank claim was debunked right after the Pinto.

NBC go BOOM!
Wait, GM is posturing towards the largest recall yet. After they attempted to cover up, gloss over and categorically ignore the issues. Then when Congress called out the CEO of GM she makes a very inappropriate joke. Toyota when faced with the 09 recall didn't hesitate to remedy the problem.

This doesn't even take into account the bailout of 2008. The signs of that failure were evident years earlier. Now your taking wild swings are becoming even more absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive