Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 03:37 PM

59 posts, read 156,121 times

Advertisements

I had posted earlier about whether to buy my college daughter a car in Alabama or Texas and thanks to the advice, we decided it would be better to buy in TX where she lives. We decided on a Honda Civic and just today got some good quotes from several dealers. They all say that we have to come in before the end of the month in order to get those prices because of the Memorial Day sale that is going on. Since we have to travel to Texas that is hard although not impossible to do. My question is: Are these prices really only good for this month or will they be available again at the end next month? I know that dealerships try to meet quotas and I wonder if there will really be a big difference between now and a month from now. What do you experts think? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 03:39 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,231,898 times
Deals are better towards the end of the month, prices will go up at the start of the month. Big buying dates(holidays) usually get bigger sales.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:42 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,546 posts, read 81,045,934 times
Sometimes it's not the dealer but the manufacturer offing the sale incentives and the dealer cannot extend it. As we hit June, people are more likely to buy cars and therefore not as many deals around. This is their last effort to move some inventory early in the car-buying season. I'd try to get there this month and hope the one you want is still there.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:53 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,284,912 times
Car salesmen are the worst to work people in such a way to gain more profit and higher commission. If they tell you $20,000, and you walk out they will call and reduce the price. If you let them know you're from out of town and need a car by x time they've got you. Work different dealers against each other for comparable car, and get the lowest price for best car. Factory incentives do help, and month end creates another months flooring fee if your looking at new. Just be aware of the most unpleasant exchange in life. They now they earned my money, and if you can pay cash they don't get financing kick backs.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:57 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,113,337 times
I would wait until the end of the next month ... or even better, the following months when the 2015 models start arriving and the dealerships will want to clear out the 2014s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive