Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 10:25 AM

861 posts, read 1,335,242 times

Advertisements

I was driving to the store in my new car when this beat up Nissan with couple of stoners started tailing me. When I was on the highway they would drive right next to me. If I accelerated they did also. If I slowed down they would also. When I entered the mall parking lot they followed. I drove around the lot then exited. They exited too. I then re-entered and sure enough they did too.

I exited again and made a quick U-turn. They must not have seen me because they went the other way.

Have to admit that was scary and exciting at the same time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
In a situation like that, I would drive to the nearest police station.
That would probably be enough to convince them to drive away.

Most GPS devices will guide you to the closest police station.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:30 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,403,390 times
After I got my pistol at the ready, I would go to the police station or call 911 to have them meet you somewhere. Probably the latter since they could stop whomever is doing this for questioning. Sounds like a carjacking situation.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:41 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
They were not stoners. Stoners do not drive fast, and they are not normally aggressive.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
A situation like that where I know they are following me? I would dial 911, and remain out of any dark alleys.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Or if they were stoners...were you eating Cheetos? They can smell a bag a mile away you know.

Yeah...I would second the "drive by a police station" tactic. Don't get into an unknown situation needlessly...they may be armed as well and have less to lose than you do.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:53 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
I was driving to the store in my new car when this beat up Nissan with couple of stoners started tailing me. When I was on the highway they would drive right next to me. If I accelerated they did also. If I slowed down they would also. When I entered the mall parking lot they followed. I drove around the lot then exited. They exited too. I then re-entered and sure enough they did too.

I exited again and made a quick U-turn. They must not have seen me because they went the other way.

Have to admit that was scary and exciting at the same time!

Well, this can be handled a variety of ways, and depending on my mood depends on how I will handle it.

1. Having a high horsepower V8 Camaro, I won't hesitate to put some inseparable distance in between me and the car tailing, knowing that most cars will be unable to make up this distance or catch me.

However, since speeding is highly illegal and punishable, it's not the best option.

2. If you're in no particular hurry, just drive the speed limit or 5 under. If they hit you from behind, it will be their fault. Just make sure you have uninsured motorist insurance as well. Chances are, they will get tired of driving so slow and will likely pass you at the next given opportunity.

3. If you're really trying to get rid of them quick, just pull off to the side of the road and let them go around. Small chance they may pull over too; if this is the case, they may mean you harm, and this can quickly escalate into a dangerous situation. Unless you welcome a fight, or have a gun, I would highly recommend not going this route.

4. Last and final option, go straight to the police station or call 911 if they are really making you paranoid.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:01 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Maybe they wanted to rent your new civic? They tried all renting places but could not find any and then they saw yours.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:06 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
I would call 911 and make sure they saw me on the phone.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:07 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,225,391 times
Well... just drive around in your Civic until their Nissan runs out of gas.
If you are being followed by a Prius, I guess no choice but to call 911 and drive to the police station as already mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive